Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 10 August 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 15 - Crumb Cake

 

Welcome to week 15 of the colour creations blog hop for 2022-23. This week we are looking at the neutral colour of Crumb Cake.

Rhapsody in craft, Crumb Cake, #colourcreationbloghop,Stampin' Up!
This week I have cased a card design from Ronda Wade. It is a simple layout but as I am needing a few simple cards for the next few weeks I hope you don't mind. I will get back to the fancy folds and back to regular scheduled programming after the daughter has turned 21 and I have dealt with all those shenanigans in a months time. Let the preparations begin!

So the card is a simple lay out and I finally took out my Wisteria Wishes stamp set which I absolutely love but hadn't cracked it open yet. I know what was I thinking. I need to use it more!
Rhapsody in craft, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wishes, Tea Boutique, #colourcreationsbloghop,Elegant Faceted Gems, Bakers Twine, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart,#loveitchopit

The card base is Crumb Cake and then I have another layer of Crumb Cake Card. What I have done is taken one of the Petal Pink 6x6 pieces of Tea Boutique DSP and cut it down to fit the front piece and the bit left over trimmed it down after turning it on it's side to fit behind the front and adhered it to the card base.
Rhapsody in craft, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wishes, Tea Boutique, #colourcreationsbloghop,Elegant Faceted Gems, Bakers Twine, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart,#loveitchopit
Before adhering the piece of Tea Boutique DSP to the front of the card I stamped the stems in Early Espresso, I did this on my Stamparatus so I could stamp and then hinge down 2 steps and stamped the next lot of stems. I then did the same with the more solid flower stamp and I did that in Crumb Cake ink first and over the top of the Crumb Cake I stamped Cherry Cobbler a in the speckle flower stamp.
Rhapsody in craft, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wishes, Tea Boutique, #colourcreationsbloghop,Elegant Faceted Gems, Bakers Twine, Friendship Cards, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart,#loveitchopit

The sentiment is stamped in Crumb Cake. I then adhered that to the crumb cake layer and wrapped around some crumb cake bakers twine and popped it on the front of the card with dimensionals. Of course I had to have bling and added some Petal Pink Elegant Faceted Gems. Quick and Easy two step stamping made easy with the Stamparatus and beautiful DSP!

If you need any help with this card or would like to purchase the products to make this card please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next crafty person on our Crumb Cake Journey and today it is the very talented Ros Davidson, she always comes up with great colour combinations and fun, happy cards, I can't wait to see what she has for us today. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If for any reason there is a break in the next blog buttons and you don't go to the next person properly head back here and go to our weekly host the very lovely Cathy Proctor she will have a list of the team participating this week and you can continue you Crumb Cake Journey from there: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







9 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

What a lovely idea, to stamp the flowers on that beautiful DSP, Sharon. The combination of Crumb Cake and Petal Pink is beautiful. This is a gorgeous card. x

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, the Tea Boutique DSP makes the perfect background for your flowers

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon I had a little laugh about the "shenanigans" _ I'm hearing you sister and feeling your pain!!! I also agree with Rachel that the Tea Boutique DSP makes the perfect background for your two stepped flowers. This is such a wonderful way to use the wisteria stamp set.

Tina said...

I love that you've stamped on the pretty pink DSP - it looks amazing. All the best with the birthday shenanigans!

Andrea said...

Oh Sharon, your card is simply gorgeous. Your Crumb Cake and Petal Pink DSP layers work so well, as does stamping the flowers directly onto the DSP. So beautiful. Will be thinking of you as you prepare for this important celebration. Xxx

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Lovely card, dear friend. The addition of the pink DSP makes the whole card so feminine and soft, I love it!

theresa said...

Even though you say this is a simple card Sharon, you have created a beautiful one. I had a good laugh talking about getting back to regular programming! A non fancy fold card is a lovely change for you. Good luck with the 21st!

Kate Morgan said...

So soft and pretty, Sharon. Yes it's simple but it absolutely is a winner. I love how you stamped directly onto the Designer paper and used the Stamparatus to line up those stems. Gorgeous card!

Michele said...

Such a pretty card Sharon. The Petal Pink and Early Espresso work so well with the crumb Cake. I am really liking your 'simple' cards.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...