Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 7 June 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 6 - 2023-2024 - Azure Afternoon

 

Rhapsody in craft, Azure Afternoon, Seasonal Branches, Seasonal Branches Dies, Seasonal Branches Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Something Fancy Dies, Les Shoppes DSP,  Thank you Card, Simple stamping, #colourcreationsbloghop, #rhapsodyincraft,#artwithheart,#stampinup,#loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

Welcome to week 6 and this week we are delving into the new and returning colours that will make up the staples of the colours the Stampin' Up! will be offering. This week we will be looking at one of the new colours that has been introduced in the colour refresh called Azure Afternoon.
Azure afternoon is Blue in as many languages as I can find and it also made me think of Jazz music so I went in search to see if there was a song and there are a couple of songs and even an album called Blue Afternoon. So I think we are on a winner with this new colour!

This week I have done a simple card as I needed a quick card so I thought I would case the Annual Catalogue for a design. The Catalogue is always a good place to find a card design if you need something quick. Also a perfect time for this card as the sale of Designer Series Paper is on right now so don't forget to grab yourself a bargain! So I cased the card on page 21 of the Annual Catalogue.
Rhapsody in craft, Azure Afternoon, Seasonal Branches, Seasonal Branches Dies, Seasonal Branches Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Something Fancy Dies, Les Shoppes DSP,  Thank you Card, Simple stamping, #colourcreationsbloghop, #rhapsodyincraft,#artwithheart,#stampinup,#loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

For my card this week I have used the Seasonal Branches stamp set and dies Bundle I thought a blue bird was the perfect idea and the annual catalogue agreed with me! HEHE!

I stamped the little blue bird from the Seasonal Branches first in Memento Black ink before colouring in with Light and Dark Azure afternoon Stampin' Blends and a little bit of Light Balmy Blue.

Rhapsody in craft, Azure Afternoon, Seasonal Branches, Seasonal Branches Dies, Seasonal Branches Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Something Fancy Dies, Les Shoppes DSP,  Thank you Card, Simple stamping, #colourcreationsbloghop, #rhapsodyincraft,#artwithheart,#stampinup,#loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

I cut the bird out using the Seasonal Branches Dies and while I was there I used the dies to cut out some flowers in Daffodil delight card stock. You can see here that I popped them up on mini dimensionals.

Rhapsody in craft, Azure Afternoon, Seasonal Branches, Seasonal Branches Dies, Seasonal Branches Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Something Fancy Dies, Les Shoppes DSP,  Thank you Card, Simple stamping, #colourcreationsbloghop, #rhapsodyincraft,#artwithheart,#stampinup,#loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

Now the card is put together on a layer of Thick Basic White card and the DSP that is a full card front size is part of the Les Shoppes  pack and I think it is a gorgeous  design that will be perfect for lots of backgrounds. I have then layered a piece of the Azure Afternoon card stock before cutting out the largest Tailored Tag die and stamping the branch in Pecan Pie from the Seasonal Branches. The little "Thanks" is stamped in Azure Afternoon ink and cut out with a die from Something Fancy Die set and shortened to fit the length of the word.

If you have any questions about my project today or if you would like to get your hands on some of these wonderful new products, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head over to the next very creative team member and today we are heading to Ros Davidson, I love her creations and what she does with the colour coach charts. So to see her creation just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If at anytime there is a break in one of the next blog button links, just head back here and you can go over to our hosts blog Cathy Proctor and there you will find the list of all those from the Art With Heart Team participating in Azure Afternoon this week: Cathy's Blog

Don't forget the Designer Series Paper sale is on now if you would like any of the gorgeous select players just hit my shop now button and you will go straight to my online shop.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me this week, take care,


11 comments:

Tina said...

Aww, how sweet! Your card is so pretty, but I especially love that you've used the tag die, but not as a tag. It's such a great shape for a feature panel.

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love your Azure Afternoon bird. AA looks great with Daffodil Delight flowers.

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon! The catalogue is a great place to go for inspiration or just to CAS when you need something in a hurry. I need to do the same thing this weekend, for a quick card!

Rachel Palmieri said...

I often think a quick card is the best card and yours is a good example of this. I particularly like your colour choice to show off the Azure Afternoon at its best.

Andrea said...

Simply gorgeous Sharon. I so love your card. Your colour combo is delightful - I do love blue and yellow together and Azure Afternoon is definitely a winner with Daffodil Delight. The full panel of DSP is lovely - as it the tag to showcase the bird, branch and flowers. So delightful. xxx

Cathy Proctor said...

Azure Afternoon looks gorgeous with Daffodil Delight, Sharon, and I love your little blue bird! Your layout is lovely, really letting that beautiful DSP shine.

theresa said...

Such a pretty card Sharon to feature Azure Afternoon. That little blue bird is so cute.I'm not surprised that it wasn't hard to find songs with the word blue in them.

Kate Morgan said...

Aww, your little blue bird is adorable sitting on the branch with those pretty flowers. Such a bright and happy card, with the yellows and that lovely patterned paper.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Such a bright, happy, card Sharon. I have been looking at this bundle (but, surprisingly, haven't yet bought it) ... I can see I NEED it! Daffodil Delight and Azure Afternoon are a winning combination. The bird coloured in Azure Afternoon looks lovely, and I adore those little embossed die-cut flowers.

Carussell Crafts said...

Such a lovely 'thank you' card, Sharon. I love the little bird and flowers, so very sweet.

Ros said...

The blue/yellow combo you have used looks great with the sweet seasonal branches stamp set.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...