Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 28 June 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - 2023-2024 - Week 9 - Pecan Pie Pop Up Flower Card

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pecan Pie, Fancy Fold, Fun fold,Thank You Card, Petal Park, Petal Park Builder Punch, Nature's Prints, Glorious Gingham DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart


Hello there and welcome to Week 9 of our 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog Hop and this week we have a new colour to add to our core  colours in the refresh and it is Pecan Pie. 

Now I lived in the US for 10 years and this was a staple of the pies to eat whenever you went to someone's place to have a meal or out to eat at a cafe. So Delicious! So I needed to make a card that was full of deliciousness. Of course I made a fancy fold!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pecan Pie, Fancy Fold, Fun fold,Thank You Card, Petal Park, Petal Park Builder Punch, Nature's Prints, Glorious Gingham DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart

All will be revealed!


Here is my colour combination for this project, not as many as last week.

I saw this card made by a UK crafter Sam Calcott about 5 years or so ago so I thought well I should give it a go. I was away with friends and watched a video of how to do it with no sound, to say that made it a lot more difficult to create would be a little bit of an understatement. The first attempt didn't work but the second did. I think I should get used to having those ear bud things in my ears but I don't like them! LOL!


Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pecan Pie, Fancy Fold, Fun fold,Thank You Card, Petal Park, Petal Park Builder Punch, Nature's Prints, Glorious Gingham DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart

So on the inside of the card when you untie the gorgeous Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon which is so super soft and just beautiful to tie you have a garden path and steps full of lattice and flowers!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pecan Pie, Fancy Fold, Fun fold,Thank You Card, Petal Park, Petal Park Builder Punch, Nature's Prints, Glorious Gingham DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart

This side on view shows the steps so much better!
So as on the front of the card I have continued down the centre of the steps the Glorious Gingham DSP in Pecan Pie. Along the edges of the steps and like the edges of the path I have used strips of Pecan Pie card stock.


Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pecan Pie, Fancy Fold, Fun fold,Thank You Card, Petal Park, Petal Park Builder Punch, Nature's Prints, Glorious Gingham DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart

The flowers on the outside and the inside are from the Petal Park stamp set and I have stamped them in Sweet Sorbet, Crushed Curry and Old Olive and I used the Blender pen to draw out some of the ink from the centre to add a little colour. The Sentiments are stamped in Pecan Pie from the Nature's Prints stamp set (keeping it all in the one theme here) and then die cut out with the Nested Essential dies!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pecan Pie, Fancy Fold, Fun fold,Thank You Card, Petal Park, Petal Park Builder Punch, Nature's Prints, Glorious Gingham DSP, Nested Essentials Dies, Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart
Of course you need a place to write your message so I have added some Basic White card to the back of the card and another little Sweet Sorbet flower!



Here is a quick video of the card opening!

If you have any questions about my project today don't hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next very creative person on our journey of Pecan Pie and this week we are heading to the amazing Tina Gillespie, I love seeing what she comes up with each week. Please click on the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If for any reason one of the links doesn't work just come back here and head to our weekly host, the lovely Cathy Proctor and she will have the list of all those participating so you can continue your hop of Pecan Pie there: Cathy's Blog.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,


11 comments:

Kate Morgan said...

Wowsers, Sharon, that is spectacular and my jaw dropped when I saw it open. That looks complicated and I don't know how you recreated it with no sound!!!
I love the floral arrangements and the gingham paper. You sure have made Pecan Pie very feminine.

Cathy Proctor said...

Spectacular Sharon!!! What an amazing card, especially the lining up of the strips of Pecan Pie cardstock along the edges of the steps. the flowers look so pretty against the DSP.

Rachel Woollard said...

Wow Sharon! Amazing card with so many features to love

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I was rather in love with the front of the card, being all gingham-y ... and then you showed the inside! I echo Kate's sentiment - "wowser"!! Such a beautiful cascade of steps and flowers, Sharon. You don't make things easy for yourself, attempting this complicated a fold without listening to the instructions! I'm putting a lot of exclamation marks in my comment, but this card deserves them. Gorgeous.

Tina said...

Wow! I think I need to say it again - wow! Your card is so beautiful - it's an awesome fancy fold that you've made so wonderfully. And go you, not listening to the instructions! LOL. I have earphones that hook over my ear and just sit on the outside that I only use when I HAVE to use headphones - I don't like buds either.

Rachel Palmieri said...

I can't imagine how you were able to create such an involved card in company, let alone with no sound. The flowers seem to be tumbling forward to be noticed - absolutely gorgeous!

theresa said...

Wow just wow Sharon your card is amazing and you MUST take it to our team day! I love how Christine describes it as cascading flowers because it really does look like that. Just amazing.

Andrea said...

Wow, oh wow, oh wow. A delicious card Sharon. Pecan Pie has many memories for me as well - so delicious. It seems we were all trying to find the right superlatives to describe your card. The flowers cascading down the steps are gorgeous. You are amazing Sharon. xxx

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

This just blew my mind! What an incredible fun fold and it must look amazing IRL. Well done on creating such an impactful card and I love your colour choices.

Chris said...

Oh my goodness, Sharon, that is incredible. I love the colour choices and the gingham look, it is a sensational card.

Ros said...

Wow the outside is pretty and the inside is amazing!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 2 - 2024-25 - Petunia Pop

  Welcome to week 2 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at the second New InColor called Petunia Pop! If you ...