Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 12 July 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 11 - 2023-2024 - Basic Gray

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Friendship card, Basic Gray, Zany Zoo, Crafting With You, Twisted Rope 3D, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Crafting with You Dies, Zany Zoo Dies, Stampin Blends, Vellum Basics Card, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart,



Welcome to week 11 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop and this week we are looking at one of our Neutral colours, Basic Gray.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Basic Gray
Today my card is all about Daffy. Daffy is a Alpaca who loves to craft with others but she definitely has a mind of her own and really didn't want to knit what the others were knitting she only wanted to knit with Basic Gray. 
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Friendship card, Basic Gray, Zany Zoo, Crafting With You, Twisted Rope 3D, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Crafting with You Dies, Zany Zoo Dies, Stampin Blends, Vellum Basics Card, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart,

Now Daffy is a fun Alpaca and she loves to spin a yarn or two so she is sitting in the centre with the circle of  Vellum Basics Specialty DSP behind her head. 
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Friendship card, Basic Gray, Zany Zoo, Crafting With You, Twisted Rope 3D, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Crafting with You Dies, Zany Zoo Dies, Stampin Blends, Vellum Basics Card, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart,
As you can see these Alpacas have decided they didn't want to knit in Alpaca wool as shown on the Zany Zoo stamp set so they are knitting in cotton from the Crafting with you Bundle. For some reason Daffy didn't get the memo to knit a coloured scarf she is knitting in all Basic Gray!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Basic Gray Colour Combination, Stampin' Up!
These are all the fun colours  that I used in this project.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Friendship card, Basic Gray, Zany Zoo, Crafting With You, Twisted Rope 3D, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Crafting with You Dies, Zany Zoo Dies, Stampin Blends, Vellum Basics Card, Stampin' Up! #artwithheart,
Now I have placed all our lovely knitting friends and their baskets of cotton yarn on a blanket of Basic Gray that has been embossed with the Twisted Rope 3D embossing folder. Yes I know it is from the suite with all the fishing tackle and might be used for male cards but I saw it as a knitted blanket! I also stamped the sentiment from the Crafting with you stamp set in Basic Gray and cut it out with the Deckled rectangle dies and popped it up with some dimensionals after curling some Silver Elegant trim back and forth underneath.

If you would like to purchase any of these cute products or have any questions about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.
Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Basic Gray and today you will be heading to the fabulous Ros Davidson. I can't wait to see what she has come up with today. She uses the colour couch each week and if you follow her she will ask you to guess which of the 3 colour combinations she is going to use. I can't wait to see which one she picked this week and if I guessed correctly! Just hit the next blog button and you will go directly there!
If for any reason there is a break in one of the links please head back here and go to our blog hop host, the lovely Cathy Proctor and there she will have the list of all those participating this week in the Basic Gray colour challenge! Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







8 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Love your Daffy knitting card Sharon, great idea to use the yarn basket from the Crafting With You set

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, you totally crack me up with the yarn you've spun about Daffy!! What a fabulous idea to use the bobbins from the crafting bundle - I love this card so much!!!

Tina said...

OMG, your card is so funny! I love it! I've recently started going to a knitting for charity group, and this card makes me think of my two new friends, Paul and Rhonda. We sit and knit and chat and have a marvellous time together. I think it's extra special when a card evokes lovely thoughts, and your gorgeous card certainly does that for me x

Kate Morgan said...

Oh em gee, you are hilarious, Sharon. I didn't want the story to end! I love everything about this card, it made me smile the moment I laid eyes on it, and your little puns, just love it. You are so creative in more ways than one!!!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

The Twisted Rope embossing folder is PERFECT as the background for your knitting-themed card, Sharon. Love that Daffy is an individual, and unfazed by her friends' use of colour, when she just wants to create something in Basic Gray!

theresa said...

Oh Sharon what a great "yarn" about Daffy to brighten my day.You had me laughing from the first paragraph! Very imaginative to use the tackle basket to hold the wool for all of your characters.

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

Oh my goodness, this is just adorable!

Ros said...

Love the baskets at the feet of the alpacas (and your story!)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...