Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 26 July 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - 20223-2024 - Week 13 - Blackberry Bliss

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Blackberry Bliss, Birthday Card, Fancy Fold, Slide and Lock Fancy Fold, Water Colour, Quiet Meadow, Quiet Meadow Dies, Something Fancy, Countryside Corner Dies, Stargazer DSP, Shimmer Paper, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart,



Welcome to week 13 of the 2023-24 colour creations blog hop. This week we are look at my favourite colour Blackberry Bliss! 

Now the team have told me that they expect big things from me so no pressure there at all!

So I thought I would try a slide and lock card as I have never tried one of those before! It is a gatefold card with a different locking mechanism. I quite like this one!

So let's look at the base of the card. and the slide and lock mechanism before we look at the decoration.

I cut the A4 piece of Blackberry Bliss card to 20.5 cm by 14.9 and then scored and burnished in from each side 5 cm to make the gate fold

The slide and locking mechanism I cut 4 pieces of Blackberry Bliss card exactly the same at 9 x 9 cm. I then folded 2 in half and used the Tear 'N' Tape to adhere them to the other two pieced of card to create the mechanism.


Once you have folded the 2 pieces and put the tear 'n' tape or strong adhesive adhere the 4 pieces together.

This is one side on and then you put the other on creating 2 grooves in your card that you slide onto the front of your gate fold.

So what did I do to decorate my card. Well here is my colour combination for you.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghopBlackberry Bliss Colour Combination Stampin' Up!
Well you are saying I am sure that is a crazy amount of colours to go with Blackberry bliss. I would agree but I have channelled my good friend Andrea Sargent and brought out the Fluid 100 Warercolor Paper and gone to town! Here is my card then I will walk you through my process.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Blackberry Bliss, Birthday Card, Fancy Fold, Slide and Lock Fancy Fold, Water Colour, Quiet Meadow, Quiet Meadow Dies, Something Fancy, Countryside Corner Dies, Stargazer DSP, Shimmer Paper, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart,
So I took the Stargazing DSP and put that on the 2 fold of the gate fold card base and then started some water colouring.


I coloured part in Blackberry bliss and some in Berry Burst and then with the larger flower from the Quiet meadow stamp set I  heat embossed in white and on the non coloured side I heat embossed in white the sprig of flowers and then water coloured in Blackberry Bliss, Lemon Lolly and Lost Lagoon.


Then I thought I would cut out the Meadow dies in the 100 Fluid Watercolor Paper and water colour those in the same colours but this time I added Pretty Peacock on the butterfly and a sprig of Crumb cake.
Using the Countryside corner dies I cut out another piece of water colour paper and washed that in Boho Blue to give me a background for the flower bouquet. Well Now came the time to work out what would work and what wouldn't.
I stamped the words from the Quiet meadow stamp in Smokey slate and then the dots in Blackberry bliss after stamping off once and backed it in the Soft Shimmer Bubble Bath paper and a layer of Blackberry Bliss. I attached that to my slide and lock mechanism.
It fit almost perfect you just had to cut off the little angle at the corners! Wonderful I would say as I didn't actually work out the measurements before hand! PHEW!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Blackberry Bliss, Birthday Card, Fancy Fold, Slide and Lock Fancy Fold, Water Colour, Quiet Meadow, Quiet Meadow Dies, Something Fancy, Countryside Corner Dies, Stargazer DSP, Shimmer Paper, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart,
So then I threw, no I placed all the flowers and butterflies on the front of the card to see which would work and in the end I loved the more subtle watercolour washed die cut elements so they won out on their own. To finish off I added White Bakers twine from the essentials pack that I had coloured with the Dark Blackberry bliss Blends pen. You may even notice a couple of brushed metallic butterflies as you need bling. Oh the happy birthday is from Something Fancy stamp set and I cut that out using the Countryside Corner dies too!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Blackberry Bliss, Birthday Card, Fancy Fold, Slide and Lock Fancy Fold, Water Colour, Quiet Meadow, Quiet Meadow Dies, Something Fancy, Countryside Corner Dies, Stargazer DSP, Shimmer Paper, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart,

On the inside I had to pop the other little butterfly!

Here is a video of how the card opens and closes.



I hope you have enjoyed my favourite colour and I hope my mother will enjoy her birthday card next week!

If you have any questions about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next amazing project in Blackberry bliss and I can't wait to see what Rosa Leyden has created so just hit the next blog button and you will be taken straight there!
If for any reason the next blog button doesn't work just come back here and head to our host the lovely Cathy Proctor as she will have the list of all those participating today: Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



10 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Another stunning card Sharon and another fancy fold I have never seen before. All of your elements from the Watercolouring, the colouring of the die cut flowers and the clever use of the Stargazing paper look wonderful together.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Wow, what a clever fold! Your Mum will love this card, I'm sure, Sharon. Such a lovely collection of "bits" to decorate the front of the card. It looks like you had a lot of fun, watercolouring all the pieces, and I love how you put them together. So pretty!

Diane Furniss said...

Love your Slide and lock card Sharon. very elegant.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, you certainly didn't disappoint with your amazing slide and lock card! I know your mother will love this card with your beautiful watercolouring.

Andrea said...

Wow, I’m so impressed Sharon. Love your watercolouring and the delightful arrangement of your flowers on the centre panel. The slide and lock fun fold is wonderful. xxx

Rosa Leyden said...

A very elegant fancy fold card Sharon where the pretty water-coloured flowers are lovely against the darker coloured DSP panels.

Tina said...

Spectacular card, Sharon! You certainly lived up to expectations, LOL. Your floral panel os absolutely gorgeous.

Theresa Gerrard said...

Wow Sharon another fabulous fancy fold card that I am sure your mother will love and in your favorite colour whats more. All the elements work so well together and I love the background you have created.

Carussell Crafts said...

Your mum will undoubtedly love her very special card, my friend. It's another gorgeous fun fold from our queen of fun folds! That flower bouquet is just exquisite and so pretty.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon, this is so pretty and you have rocked Blackberry Bliss out of the park! Those flowers are divine and another great fancy fold design! Love it.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...