Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 5 July 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 10 - 2023-2024 - Balmy Blue

 



Welcome to week 10 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2023-24. This week we are starting with the core colours that remained in our colour collections after the refresh. We will start with Balmy Blue and continue through the colours in alphabetical order.

This week as I am away visiting my brother in Queensland while my hubby has to attend a conference and present research etc. I had to have a simple card for you.
My card today uses all of these fun colours but is very simple.
It is all on a base of Thick Basic White.

Onto the base of Thick Basic White card I have embossed a layer of Balmy Blue Card with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder and wrapped it with some Linen thread and tied a bow.


For the main part of the card I have stamped flowers onto the Basic White layer in Crumb cake in the lower left corner from the Petal Park stamp set. Then I have stamped them again with Balmy Blue in the solid and over the top with Misty Moonlight and punched them out with the Petal Park Builder Punch. I did this again with Fresh Freesia and Highland Heather flowers. The Old Olive leaves I used a blender pen to add a little more colour to those. All of these were layered over the crumb cake flowers with some dimensionals for the Balmy Blue ones and and flat to the card for the Fresh Freesia flowers.

The sentiment is stamped in Smoky Slate from the Timeless Arrangements stamp set and I used a die from the Somethin Fancy Dies to cut it out!

Such a simple layout and something that could be replicated with any colour and any sentiment!

If you have any questions about today's project please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next talented person on our Balmy Blue journey and this week we are going to the lovely Theresa Gerrard. I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If for any reason there is a break in one of the links please head back her and go to our lovely weekly host Cathy Proctor, she will have the list of all those from the Art With Heart Team participating this week: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



9 comments:

Kate Morgan said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with simple, Sharon, but I'm not sure this is simple. I love the crumb cake stamping behind your beautiful flowers in blue and purple tones. All the crisp white area is lovely and draws the eyes down to your feature corner. So pretty!

Cathy Proctor said...

Your simple card is simply stunning, Sharon. It's such a great layout and mix of colours and I love the line thread and bow.

Tina said...

Your card is delightful! I love the peek of textured Balmy Blue card, and the flowers are arranged so beautifully. I hope that you had a lovely time visiting with your brother.

Andrea said...

Simply gorgeous Sharon. I love the expanse of white that draws attention to the beautiful flower arrangement. A lovely colour combo. x Hope you have a wonderful time away. x

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Such a pretty cluster of flowers, in lovely colour choices, Sharon. I really like the outline flowers stamped in Crumb Cake, to complement the linen thread. Beautifully done.

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

Such a pretty card with beautiful florals stamped and coloured!

Diane Furniss said...

Love your so called simple card. Plenty of interest with the flowers. I wouldn't call this simple though.

theresa said...

Sharon although you say your card is simple it really is lovely and the colours you have chosen are lovely and soft and feminine. Love the use of the Textured Paint folder too.

Ros said...

You've chosen lovely colours to complement balmy blue perfectly.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...