Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 30 October 2023

Heart Of Christmas - Week 13 - 2023

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Night Divine, Faux side step card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Stars at night dies, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitvhopit, Stampin' Up, #stampinup


Welcome to Week 13 of the Heart of Christmas. I hope you are excited to see all the wonderful project of the Art with Heart team this week. I know I am. I sure am excited to see what I come up with in less than 2 hours. Yes we are at that stage again this week and I have not made a thing. So here we go. Buckle up everyone for a wild ride! Ok so it will only be me on the wild ride. You sit back and enjoy the project! 
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Night Divine, Faux side step card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Stars at night dies, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitvhopit, Stampin' Up, #stampinup

I went for a quick and easy FAUX Side Step Card. Yes I know I had to keep the fancy/fun folds going. This Bundle makes making cards so easy. So what did I do. I took out the gorgeous O Holy Night DSP after cutting the base of the card in Night of Navy. The card is 8 x 5 1/2 inches and I scored it at 3,6 and 7 inches to create the step part of the card and cut the DSP to follow along the step and valleys.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Night Divine, Faux side step card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Stars at night dies, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitvhopit, Stampin' Up, #stampinup

The FAUX side step I have cut a piece of Night of Navy at 3 x 6 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches to fold over to attach on the back of the card. 
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Night Divine, Faux side step card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Stars at night dies, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitvhopit, Stampin' Up, #stampinup
To decorate the card I have added another piece of the gorgeous DSP and heat embossed the largest sentiment in Gold. I have cut out the nativity in gold from the Night Divine Dies and some of the animals too. The start is from the Stars at Night Dies.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2023, Night Divine, Faux side step card, Night Divine Bundle, Night Divine Dies, O Holy Night DSP, Stars at night dies, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitvhopit, Stampin' Up, #stampinup
On the back of the card I have layered another piece of  O Holy Night DSP and a piece of Basic White so you can write your greeting to the card recipient.

If you have any questions about my project tonight please do not hesitate to contact me

Now is the time to head to the next amazing Art with Heart team member participating in the Heart of Christmas this week. This week you will be heading to the most creative Andrea Sargent, I love all the wonderful water colouring she does so I can't wait to see how she might apply that to her creation this week. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If any of the next blog buttons don't go where you expect, you can continue your Christmas inspiration from the list of the Art With Heart team participating below:
Michele Taylor
Kate Morgan
Rosa Leyden
Rachel Woollard











7 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Great card Sharon, you never cease to amaze me with your gorgeous cards, even if they are made under a time pressure. I love your faux side step card.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Talk about creating under pressure! The result is a beautiful card, Sharon. The lovely big sentiment is perfect for the side (main?) panel. Another lovely card with these beautiful papers and dies.

Andrea said...

Oh Sharon - another gorgeous fancy fold card - and under time pressure to. You are certainly amazing. I adore your gorgeous card. Thank you for even more inspiration. xxx

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon I love the holy scene you have created in your faux stepped card. The very large embossed sentiment really catches the eye.

Wendie Waldman said...

Absolutely precious.

Kate Morgan said...

What a brilliant design for that huge sentiment and the animals on that bottom panel. Cleverly thought out and paper selection too!

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon your faux step card is wonderful and works so well with that large greeting and those gorgeous nativity dies. You sure do work well under pressure.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...