Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 21 February 2024

Colour Creation Blog Hop - Week 41 - Poppy Parade

 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Poppy Parade, Birthday Card, Birthday, Stampin' Blends, Stampin Blends,Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stippled Rose Dies, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, Art With Heart

Welcome to the Art With Heart Colour Creation Blog Hop for Week 41. This week the team is looking at the red colour of Poppy Parade!

 I have had quite a few weeks off from the blog hop but I am going to try and get back to sharing with you.

Today I have broken out my stamping blends and the Stipple Rose, I know I am a bit late to the party but I have not been crafting much over the past couple of months so I am now back at it and I thought I would start slowly and not do a fancy fold and get my mojo back by doing a bit of colouring!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Poppy Parade, Birthday Card, Birthday, Stampin' Blends, Stampin Blends,Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stippled Rose Dies, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, Art With Heart
This is the colour combinations that I have used in my colouring of this gorgeous Stippled Rose stamp!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Stampin' Up Poppy Parade Colour Combination,Poppy Parade, Petal Pink, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Poppy Parade, Birthday Card, Birthday, Stampin' Blends, Stampin Blends,Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stippled Rose Dies, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, Art With Heart

I started by stamping the large Stippled Rose in Memento Black ink as I was using the Poppy Parade Blends, if I was using a lighter and less vibrant colour I might have stamped the rose in Smokey Slate. I then took the Dark Poppy Parade Blends and coloured around the base of the petals and where the darker ink is of the rose has been stamped. I then used the Light Poppy Parade to colour over the dark and our a little further. Finally I used the Dark Petal Pink to add a light to the petals on the roses!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Poppy Parade, Birthday Card, Birthday, Stampin' Blends, Stampin Blends,Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stippled Rose Dies, #colourcreationsbloghop, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, Art With Heart
Similarly to the flowers I have coloured the leaves the same by using Dark and Light Mossy Meadow and Dark and Light Old Olive. 

I had stamped the image on Basic White card stock but I thought to make it look a little bit more "Antique" I would layer it on a the base of Very Vanilla that I have embossed with the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder. I have then cut out some leaves using the Stippled Rose dies to go under the die cut out focal point of the coloured Rose. The Sentiment from the Stippled Rose is cut out using the Deckled Rectangle dies!

If you have any questions about my project today or about the Jan-June Mini please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Poppy Parade and this week you will be heading to the very talented Theresa Gerrard, I can't wait to see what she has created for us this week. Just hit the next blog button to go straight there.

If at anytime the next blog button doesn't work please head to our wonderful host Cathy Proctor and on her log she will have a list of those participating and you will be able to continue your blog hop from there: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,




8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

This is a beautiful bundle, and you've used it to make a really striking card, Sharon. I like how you added Petal Pink to the roses. Lovely, elegant, card.

Rachel Woollard said...

Stunning card Sharon, beautiful colouring. I love Poppy Parade with Petal Pink.

Tina said...

oh wow, so pretty! I love how you've coloured the rose, and also how you've extended the image with the die cut leaves. Gorgeous!

Rachel Palmieri said...

Beautiful colouring on the roses Sharon.

Diane Furniss said...

Beautiful Sharon, and your colouring is perfect. such a lovely card.

theresa said...

Such a lovely card Sharon and a nice break away from all of the Trusty Tools cards. Yet this stamp set is the perfect choice to feature Poppy Parade.

Kate Morgan said...

Glorious red roses, Sharon, so beautiful with the touches of Petal Pink. The embossed background is perfect too!

Cathy Proctor said...

This is such a classically beautiful card, Sharon, Your colouring is stunning!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...