Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 6 March 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 43 - Pumpkin Pie

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pumpkin Pie, Perennial Postage, Artistic Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Thank you cards, Stampin' Up, #stampinup,Art With Heart, #artwithheart


 Welcome to week 43 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2023-24. This week we will be looking at the colour Pumpkin Pie!
For you this week I have created a special background for my card using Pumpkin Pie, Gorgeous Grape and Blackberry Bliss.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Up Colour Combination, Pumpkin Pie, Blackberry Bliss, Gorgeous Grape, Basic White, Basic Black, Stampin' Up, #stampinup


Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pumpkin Pie, Perennial Postage, Artistic Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Thank you cards, Stampin' Up, #stampinup,Art With Heart, #artwithheart

For my project today I have used a couple of dies, some blending brushes and the sentiment from the Perennial Postage stamp set! So how did I create my card!
 

I started with a piece of Basic White and then using the blending brushes coloured in differing depths Pumpkin Pie, Blackberry Bliss, and Gorgeous Grape.

 I cut my bended background into 1 cm strips and turned each 2nd strip around and adhered them to a slightly smaller piece of Basic White than the size of a card front.
As you can see the lines are  bit pronounced in between each strip so.....
I took out the Pumpkin Pie blending brush and went over the whole card again trying to make sure the lines were less "white"
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pumpkin Pie, Perennial Postage, Artistic Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Thank you cards, Stampin' Up, #stampinup,Art With Heart, #artwithheart
To finish the card I used the leaf die from the Artistic Die set in Basic White. Guess what? I actually remembered to use the adhesive sheets this tie before die cutting! Wow! How easy it was to adhere the leaf to the front of my card. I then white heat embossed on Basic Black the sentiment from the Perennial Postage stamp set and used the little label die from Gorgeously Made to cut it out! I popped that on with dimensionals. Everything was then adhered with dimensionals onto a Thick Basic White card Base.

I had so much fun creating this back ground and it looks like a gorgeous sun set! I hope you give it a try with some of your favourite colours!

If you have any questions about today's project or would like to get your hands on the Jan-April Mini do not hesitate to contact me!


Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Pumpkin Pie and this week you will be heading to our host, the extremely talented Cathy Proctor. Just hit the next log button and you will go straight there. I can't wait to see her fabulous creation this week.

If for any reason the next blog buttons go somewhere they shouldn't while you are travelling around on your hop, please come back here and head to our host, the lovely Cathy Proctor and she will have  list of all those participating this week and you will be able to continue your hop from there: Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,


6 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, wow - what a fabulous and fun technique, for creating the striking background on your card, Sharon. Thanks for the step-by-step explanation. How good are the Adhesive Sheets?! LOL. Beautiful card, showing off the richness of Pumpkin Pie with some unexpected but beautifully complementary colours!

Rachel Woollard said...

Stunning card Sharon, I love the effect you got for the background by cutting and reassembling the strips. The white leaf sprig looks amazing on the stripy background.

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow, Sharon, this is such an amazing way to create a beautiful blended background background. Thank you for showing us how to do this - I will definately be giving this technique a go!

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon what a fabulous technique to create your background! Very striking colour palette that works very well.

theresa said...

Oh wow Sharon I really love your card and how you created it. Pumpkin Pie actually goes very well with Blackberry Bliss and Gorgeous grape to as you said create a background like a sunset. Fab idea to go back over with the Pumpkin Pie to eliminate the white lines.

Kate Morgan said...

Love, love, love this, Sharon. What a brilliant way to create such a fun background, cutting into strips and turning each alternate one around. A brilliant technique and I must put this into my list of things to try. The simple bold white die cut and heat embossed sentiment is all it needs, amazing.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...