Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 22 May 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 4 - 2024-25 - Shy Shamrock

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop


Welcome to week 4 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop and this week we are looking at another of the new InColors called Shy Shamrock!


I was quite excited by the name of this colour having married a descendant of an Irish Convict but I found it a little hard to make it the hero of my project this week but I hope you will be ok with what I have created for you. Yes I have gone back to a fancy fold and maybe that was the issue! The fancy fold needed to be the hero!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop
For my card today I have used the Simply Zinnia bundle and the Zinnia 3D embossing folder that you can purchase as an Online Exclusive.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop
Ok my friends so I like to challenge myself. This is a card I found on Iced Images and she calls it a Pop Up Step Fold Card. I think I would call it a Pop Up Step Fold Box card. The reason it is a challenge is I was on a zoom call while I was watching the video to work out the measurements so I had the video on silent while I was trying to cut and score. But as you can see it worked out ok! My next trick to get one that fits in our envelope and I nearly got there but ran out of time to decorate so that will have to hold over for another day.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop
Here is the side on view so you know why I want to call it the Pop Up Step Box card!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop
I really liked this sentiment with the the Simply Zinnia stamp set so I wanted to make sure this card had lots of flowers as well. I cut the sentiment and the background with the Deckled Rectangle Dies.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop
For the base of the card I used Shy Shamrock cardstock to make the Pop Up Step Fold Box design and then on a piece of Basic White I used the blending brush with Shy Shamrock ink to blend a little bit of an oval shape in the middle of the card stock.  I then embossed that card with the Zinnia 3D embossing folded and  cut it into all the segments to go on the card but also layering them on a piece of Basic White as I wanted just a bit more white space and stability in the card.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop
As on the front I have coloured the Zinnias with the Stampin' Blends. I have coloured the stalks and leaves in light and dark Shy Shamrock and a little bit of light Mossy Meadow. The Flowers are light and Dark Petal Pink, Peach Pie and Bubble Bath with a dash of Petunia Pop, Pumpkin Pie and Calypso Coral!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop
As always you can fold these box cards flat and put them in an envelope or your own hand made box.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Shy Shamrock, #shyshamrock, Simply Zinnia, Simply Zinnia Bundle, Zinnia 3D Embossing folder, Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Card, Pop Up Step Fold Box Card, Iced Images, Friendship Card, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Incolors, Stampin' Up!, Stampin' Blends, Blending Brushes, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #colourcreationsbloghop

Of course I couldn't go without adding the bling to the card so I have used the Shy Shamrock Ribbon and the Classic Matte Dots I have coloured the white ones with my Shy Shamrock Stampin' Blends to add some colour.

If you would like to get your hands on these gorgeous products and the new Annual Catalogue or some more information about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next amazing Art With Heart team member who is participating in our Shy Shamrock Colour challenge this week and see there gorgeous creation. I can't wait to see what Rachel Palmieri has made, hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.


If at anytime the next blog button sends you to outer space instead of to the blog that you were intending to go to, head back here and you can go to our hosts Cathy Proctor's blog where you will be able to see a list of all those participating today: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







8 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, whether your call it a Pop Up Step Fold Card or a Pop Up Step Fold Box card, it's another fabulous fancy fold from you! I love the abundance of flowers and the beautiful sentiment from the the Simply Zinnia stamp set.

Rachel said...

Your card is amazing once again Sharon, and what a bright and happy colour combination you’ve chosen

theresa said...

And as always the fancy fold is the great feature of your cards Sharon. Such a lovely bunch of Zinnias popping out of it.

Kate Morgan said...

Goodness gracious, that is an amazing fancy fold design. So much to look at, but I'm glad you kept the background layers white. The flowers really pop is those beautiful colours.

Michele Taylor said...

Everything is back to normal!!! Sharon has created a fancy fold card. I love your Pop Up Step Fold Box card as it perfectly showcases not only Shy Shamrock but your beautifully coloured zinnias too.

Christine Blain said...

Oh, how pretty! The pinks and oranges you’ve used, to colour all the lovely flowers, go so well with Shy Shameock. Beautiful card, Sharon.

Rachel Palmieri said...

I do think you’ve taken multi-tasking to a whole new level Sharon!!! Your flower box is sensational, love the spill of flowers with just the right amount of shy shamrock.

Ros said...

That's a great pop up card! Wow!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 8 - 2024-2025 - Balmy Blue

  This week we are looking at Balmy Blue one lovely blue colours. I have made a Joy Fold card for you! It is a simple and quick fancy or fu...