Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 29 May 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 5 - 2024-2025 - Summer Splash

 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Summer Splash, #summersplash, Swing Card, Fancy Fold, Thoughtful Expressions, Thoughtful Expressions Dies, Thoughtful Expressions Bundle, InColor DSP, Incolor 2024-26, STampin Up!, #artwithhear, #loveitchopit, #friendshipcard, Friendship Card


Welcome to week 5 of the 2024-25 Colour Creation Blog hop. This week we are looking at the 5th New InColor for 2024-26 and we are celebrating all things Summer Splash! 

Today I created for you a swing fancy fold card! I have not made one of these in such a long time so I thought I would make one for you today.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Summer Splash, #summersplash, Swing Card, Fancy Fold, Thoughtful Expressions, Thoughtful Expressions Dies, Thoughtful Expressions Bundle, InColor DSP, Incolor 2024-26, STampin Up!, #artwithhear, #loveitchopit, #friendshipcard, Friendship Card
I used the Thoughtful Expressions Stamp set and Dies for the card as I really love the sentiments and you can use them for friendship cards or sympathy cards. Today I made a friendship card.

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Summer Splash, #summersplash, Swing Card, Fancy Fold, Thoughtful Expressions, Thoughtful Expressions Dies, Thoughtful Expressions Bundle, InColor DSP, Incolor 2024-26, STampin Up!, #artwithhear, #loveitchopit, #friendshipcard, Friendship Card

The card lays flat so you can decorate. I have a Crumb Cake Card Base and I have layered it with out colour of the day Summer Splash Card and then with the InColor DSP. I consulted my creative design team also known as my Daughter as to which of the designs I should use of the DSP and she decided that today the stripes would win as it would be like a picture frame around the focal point!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Summer Splash, #summersplash, Swing Card, Fancy Fold, Thoughtful Expressions, Thoughtful Expressions Dies, Thoughtful Expressions Bundle, InColor DSP, Incolor 2024-26, STampin Up!, #artwithhear, #loveitchopit, #friendshipcard, Friendship Card
The other side of the card I have stamped similar to the front but used a different sentiment. This is why I have called it a friendship card today as I have used enjoy your day instead of  perhaps leaving it blank but it there is still room for you to write to your recipient.

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Summer Splash, #summersplash, Swing Card, Fancy Fold, Thoughtful Expressions, Thoughtful Expressions Dies, Thoughtful Expressions Bundle, InColor DSP, Incolor 2024-26, STampin Up!, #artwithhear, #loveitchopit, #friendshipcard, Friendship Card

For the focal point of the card I have layered a piece of the Summer Splash card stock on the Crumb Cake base before stamping on the Basic White. I have used the large flower stamp from the set and stamped in crumb cake and then cut a mask and stamped again twice to create the corner before stamping the smaller flower and cutting it out with the dies. The bird is cut out with the dies and both, the flower and the bird are coloured with the Stampin' Blends. The colours I use are Light and Dark Summer Splash, Dark Soft Sea Foam, Light and Dark Pretty In Pink, Light and Dark Calypso Coral.

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Summer Splash, #summersplash, Swing Card, Fancy Fold, Thoughtful Expressions, Thoughtful Expressions Dies, Thoughtful Expressions Bundle, InColor DSP, Incolor 2024-26, STampin Up!, #artwithhear, #loveitchopit, #friendshipcard, Friendship Card

And when folded the card fits perfectly into our C6 envelopes.

Here is a short video of the card swinging, just so you can see how it works.


If you have any questions about my project today or would love to get your hands on the fabulous new Annual Catalogue or would like to know more about the products I used today please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next fantastic creative person on our Art with Heart team and this week you will be heading to the awesome Cathy Proctor , I can't wait to see what she has created for us today. Click on the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If for any reason the next blog button takes you somewhere you do not wish to go please head back here and go to our weekly host the amazing Cathy Proctor and there you will have a list of all those participating in this weeks challenge of  Summer Splash and you will be able to continue your hop from there: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,





11 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Wow! Stunning card Sharon, I think Sarah was spot on with the stripes for the background

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon this is a fabulous fancy fold, very eye-catching and your video showcases the card beautifully.

Andrea said...

Wow Sharon, I adore your Swinging Fancy Fold and love your videos to show the card morning. Very clever. Tell Sarah that her selection of stripes to frame the swinging section was brilliant. I love your stamping and colouring of elements on your swinging panel. I’m now heading off to research how the fold works. I’m keen to try it out too. xxx

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, your swing fancy fold card is amazing and you've inspired me to try this one too! Sarah made an excellent selection by choosing the striped DSP!

Tina said...

It was a great choice to pair the swinging fold with the hummingbird - always in motion! I agree with Sarah, the stripes were an excellent choice too.

theresa said...

I think your creative design team made the correct decision Sharon. Lol! Your swinging fancy fold card is lovely and the hummingbird has been beautifully coloured.

Kate Morgan said...

A wonderful card, Sharon. Sarah chose the perfect pinstripe DSP pattern for this fancy fold card. The hummingbird image looks fantastic and coloured beautifully.

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

Beautiful fancy fold card and I love the stripes it's so striking!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

What a superb fancy fold! I concur with the decision, in consultation with your creative design team, to use the striped paper to mimic a picture frame - perfect. I really like how you stamped the floral outlines in the corner of the centre panel, and coloured the hummingbird so brightly to catch the eye. Lovely, Sharon.

Judy May said...

This is such a great fancy fold, Sharon. I haven’t made one for ages either. Love the framing of the lovely hummingbird image.

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon your swinging fancy fold is stunning. Your choice to use the hummingbird was perfect. It really suits this type of fancy fold.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 22 - 2024 - 2025 - Daffodil Delight

  Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at the bright yellow colour of Daffodil Delight. I hav...