Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 15 May 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 3 - 2024-25 - Pretty In Pink

 

Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pretty in Pink, Thoughtful Wishes, InColor DSP, Lilly Pond Lane DSP, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,frienship cards

Welcome to week 3 of Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2024 - 25! This week we are bringing back a lovely pink colour - Pretty In Pink!

I have gone super simple this week! I know you would have thought after all that busy and craziness of the last few weeks I would keep it going with the fancy folds but no this week I am going simple!

Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pretty in Pink, Thoughtful Wishes, InColor DSP, Lilly Pond Lane DSP, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,frienship cards

We all need a quick card to make and this one is as quick as they come. So quick I made 6! You can make them as a set and give away or keep them for yourself to use when you need a card!

Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pretty in Pink, Thoughtful Wishes, InColor DSP, Lilly Pond Lane DSP, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,frienship cards

Ok, you are asking "Why, Sharon, why did you make 6?" Well there are 6 sentiments with the Thoughtful Wishes stamp set of course so I just had to. The card design is a quick CASE (copy and share everything) of a 2020 poppy card by Brian King)
Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pretty in Pink, Thoughtful Wishes, InColor DSP, Lilly Pond Lane DSP, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,frienship cards

My card base is Pretty In Pink card base and then unlike Brian I have a layer of Designer Series Paper. I have used the 4 designs of the InColor 2024-26 DSP and then as I needed another 2 to complete my 6 because of the 6 sentiments I went looking and I found 2 more with the Lilly Pond Lane DSP. 

Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pretty in Pink, Thoughtful Wishes, InColor DSP, Lilly Pond Lane DSP, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,frienship cards
Here are the 4 InColor designs and the sentiments I used and of course the piece of DSP left over I adhered to the envelope flap so each card has their own envelope.
Rhapsody in craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Pretty in Pink, Thoughtful Wishes, InColor DSP, Lilly Pond Lane DSP, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,frienship cards

Here are the 2 Lilly Pond Lane designs that are on the back of the some really cute duck and pond scenes. For the sentiments I have stamped them in Basic Gray and cut them out using either the Deckled Rectangle or Circle Dies.
For the focal point of the card I have stamped the little stamp of 5 flowers over and over again in a row and coloured them using the Stampin' Blends. I have used Light and Dark Pretty In Pink on the flower petals and Light Pretty Peacock and Light Lost Lagoon on the leaves. Then the strip of flowers was layered on a piece of Basic Black and adhered to the center of the card front before adhering the sentiments on dimensionals.

There you have it 6 super quick cards that can be given as a gift set or kept to be used when you need to let someone know you are thinking of them.

If you would like to play with some of these new products and have a look at the new Annual Catalogue please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next wonderful team member participating in our Pretty in Pink challenge and this week you will be heading to our host Cathy Proctor, I can't wait to see her gorgeous project this week. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.


If for any reason one of the next blog buttons goes somewhere unexpected please head back here and go to our amazing hosts blog Cathy Proctor and she will have the list of all those participating this week in Pretty In Pink: Cathy's Blog!

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,






6 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

When you're onto a good thing...! Such a great idea, Sharon, to make not one but six of these sweet cards. I love the combination of Pretty In Pink, Pretty Peacock and Lost Lagoon!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I love that you even thought to make six cards, to use every sentiment in the stamp set! They are all so pretty; Pretty in Pink really is a gorgeous colour. Perfect for delicate flowers, and showcasing all those beautiful patterned papers.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, these are adorable, Sharon. So, so pretty in Pretty in Pink and I love how you had to make six, one for each sentiment in the set - I so get you!!!

Ros said...

I love how each card is a tiny bit different. They are very sweet and the colour is perfect for these cards.

Michele Taylor said...

Firstly I wanted to scream ,"What no fancy fold!" and then I see that while it might be a 'simple' design, you made SIX of them!!! Your cards are beautiful Sharon and I love that they are all slightly different.

Rachel Palmieri said...

These are simply lovely Sharon, and such a good idea to make a set with all the sentiments.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 9 - 2024 -2025 - Basic Gray

Today we are highlighting one of our Neutral colours for week 9 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog hop and that colour is Basic Gray! Toda...