Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 15 June 2009

A Colour Challenge and a Male Card

Well I have been a bit busy the last few days. We are having some renovations done hopefully the construction phase will start in about 6 weeks. We have been busily trying to sort out stuff and find places to put them so that the work can start. However I have taken a couple of minutes to make a couple of cards that I needed.

This card was for a colour challenge over at Alisa Tilner on her new site Stamp with Alisa. I thought I would give it a go. The colours were Old Olive, Whisper White, Rose Red and Perfect Plum. Well I don't have all those colours in card stock or in ink pads so I had to go a different way. I used the lovely 5th Ave. Floral set and used markers straight on the stamp in both the Rose red and Perfect Plum. With Sympathy is from the set Warmest Regards. I also used Old Olive DSP under the whisper white which I sponge inked the in Old Olive and layered this all on Old Olive textured card stock from the simply scrappin' secret garden kit (retired). The ribbon is striped grosgrain old olive.

This Male Card I cased from the Lovely Claire Daly from her male cards section I didn't have the colours that Claire used so I improvised with what I had. I think it came out o.k.
I had a piece of close to cocoa card stock already cut to size so I used that. I stamped the background image in chocolate chip using the Seeing Spots stamp set. The Thank you is also from that set. Also used was close to cocoa DSP, chocolate chip card and whisper white card stock. The lovely striped DSP is from the new Urban Garden DSP. And of course a couple of antique brads.
That's all I have time for today. Thanks for stopping by and having a look.
Take Care.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Hi Sharon, Welcome, we will have some fun....

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...