Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 22 June 2009

Some Scrapbooking Layouts for you to see

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you are all doing well. I have had a busy week scrapping and I have a few layouts to show you today. I have joined the forum ad Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia (SBT50) and I decided to try the challenges for this month. You know in the spare time that we all have to do stuff for ourselves. My son actually asked me what happened to do my albums. This is of course meaning not just his album but his sisters and fathers of course. I have been doing those albums sequentially. I wanted to mix things up a bit and so I am actually doing an album it just happens to be one of courses or challenges that I am doing. So I have the Soulology, Journaling 101 courses that I have done one line with Erika and now I am doing these challenges. A change is as good as a holiday and it is always good to try and learn new things.

Well on to the pages.

This page I absolutely love. It is of my Darling Daughter and it is from the sketch challenge for June at SBT50. It is a very simple page and I took the sketch literally. Why reinvent the wheel I say.

For the title and the swirl at the bottom of the page I used my Craft Robo to cut them out. Craft Robo is lots of fun as I can use it for what ever font I would like for the lettering and it will let me scan and then cut out different designs and shapes that I might like to add to my page. I did these ones in card stock from Stampin’ Up in purely pomegranate. I am a fan of this colour I must admit. Also the rhinestones came in the strip like that so I didn’t have to put one on at a time which was great saves a lot of time.


This very strange layout is for the Cyber Crop at SBT50. The challenge was to use colours you wouldn’t normally use and they nominated the colours purple, lime, and red to be used. Also we were to use the crowns that were given to us by the sponsoring store My2Angels in this layout. The cyber crop was all about Tiaras and Crowns and we had to do something about a drama queen. So it could be about our drama prince or princess if we chose to do so. Well I struggled with this one as you will see. It isn’t my favourite layout at all but it did use all the elements of the challenge. I really am a more simplistic layout person and I just get my head around all the different embellishment so when I try it doesn’t always work. The photo however of Sarah is rather cute. She had to wear an eye patch for 24 hours as she had scratched the front of her eye with a piece of dirt had gotten in under her eyelid that I just couldn’t find to get out. So we had to take a trip to the doctor for that one. It was really stinging and she was very brave. She decided that she was a good pirate as the patch was white and not black which would have made her a bad pirate.


O.k back to being more me in a layout. This challenge we had to answer some questions about what we did in May.
The Questions were: For the month of May...I travelled to....My child/children surprised me with this...We celebrated this...My favourite outing was to...As a family we did this...My scrapbooking achievement this month was...The best thing that happened this month was...My favourite food at the moment is...Right now I am obsessed with...My favourite store right now is...

These questions had to be on the layout, we had to use at least 3 photos, we had to use items from our favourite store and make sure we indicated which ones they were. We also had to have May in the title and do a double page if we could. Well as you know Jonathan had to do an assignment for school for Food Tech so I had those photos already so that made this a little easier to do. The embellishments I used for dot points which I thought wasn’t to bad a way to get all the answers on the page. I used the football to cover up other spectators. On the football and the wonderchef chipboard I used ink from Stampin’ Up, ink soaks into the chipboard so dries a lot faster than using paint. I also like the way the photos of Jonathan tell a story without having to write much down about what is going on.


Double page


Left hand side




Right hand side.

Now for the grunge page. We had to do a grunge page which is so not me. So this is about as grungy as I can get. I asked Michael and he said it was as grungy as I would get. We had a colour pallet to chose from with the browns, blues, greens etc. I found this great piece of patterned paper which had the brown and green on it plus pink so I went for that instead of orange etc. The patterned paper was double sided so the main pink paper behind is just the other side of the paper to the torn strips that you see. We also had to use our avatar which we have up on the site. I kind of like it just because of the patterned paper.




Well that is all from me today. Hope that you have a great week. Thanks for stopping by my little part of the world.


1 comment:

Kathie said...

Hi there lovely lady!! Love your take on that sketch!! is great
Will pop back soon
Kathie
xoxo

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...