Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 27 November 2019

Stampin' Up! - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 15


Just 2 weeks left of  the Heart of Christmas for 2019 and tonight so I hope you have been enjoying all the inspiration each week.

Tonight I needed to make a very quick card as I have been flat out at home. Do you have times when things are just so busy and you need to make something so quick? Well this might be the layout for you. Stampin' Up! products coordinate so well and the Designer series paper is just gorgeous that you don't have to make things complicated.

Greatest part of Christmas, Christmas card, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Night before Christmas DSP, Wrapped in Plaid, Rhapsody in craft, Stampin' Up! #loveitchopit

Now this is a simple layout where you cut a card base, a layer of silver foil in this case, a layer of designer series paper and cut it in half. Have one side flipped over so you can show both sides of the cute paper add some gorgeous ribbon. Stamp a sentiment  cut it out with the stitched shaped framelits and the die cutting machine, cut a silver scalloped oval with your die cutting machine pop them up on some dimensionals and you are done.  So quick I made 3. Now you may notice the one hiding in the back is not current designer series paper. I was so happy that they were such quick cards I just pulled out some DSP and went for it. So you can see this is such a quick card so if you are hording all that gorgeous DSP get to it and whip up some last minute Christmas card to send out.

Greatest part of Christmas, Christmas Cards, Rhapsody in craft, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Night before Christmas, Wrapped in Plaid, #loveitchopit

I was actually going with cherry cobbler as my colour choice this week as I wanted to use the Diagonal Stripe ribbon. I hadn't used it yet and it is just gorgeous! You can see that  it works even on a busy patterned paper. The other ribbon I have used is the Grey Granite textured weave ribbon.

Greatest Part of Christmas, 2019 holiday Catalogue, Christmas Cards, Night before Christmas, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!,

For this card I have used the Night before Christmas DSP. As you can see I am using the host stamp set Greatest Part of Christmas and it is a really good sentiment stamp set.

Greatest Part of Christmas, Christmas Cards, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Wrapped in Plaid, Rhapsody in craft, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit,

This card I have use the Wrapped in Plaid DSP but although it has gold foil in the DSP Gold and Silver go together at Christmas time so well! 

Greatest part of Christmas, Christmas cards, Rhapsody in craft, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!

Now this card is my ooops! I picked up a piece of retired DSP that got mixed up with all my current DSP as I had it left over and I must have just put it together in my little stack of Christmas papers, but hey it looks good. So if you have some sitting there get to it and make some cards so you can buy more gorgeous DSP. I just love it all, the pretty papers that Stampin' Up! has.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for supplies of these beautiful products to make your quick Christmas cards or any of your crafty goodness.


Now please grab a cuppa and go to Michele Taylor's Blog, Michele is hosting this week, there you will be able to find the list of ladies participating in week 15 of The Heart of Christmas.

Thanks for spending some time with me tonight,
Take Care,

3 comments:

Andrea Sargent said...

Great cards Sharon. Love your use of DSP, with the ribbons and oval sentiments. XXX

Kate Morgan said...

Fantastic Sharon, we all need to be able to create quickly, especially during the festive season, and your cards are wonderful!

Carussell Crafts said...

I love a quick and easy card Sharon - your's look great! x

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...