Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 6 November 2019

Stampin' Up! - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 12


It is week 12 of the Heart of Christmas, how much fun we have been having these past 3 months leading up to Christmas show casing fun cards and gift tags and other ideas for Christmas for you as a team.

Tonight I will show you the Christmas countdown advent calendar that I spoke about last week plus  the next card in my series from the Toile Christmas cards that I have been making.

My daughter was so excited about all the ideas and activities that she had put together for us to do as a family during advent, things like picnics in the park, design our own Christmas T-shirts, bake and decorate a gingerbread house, see the Christmas lights, making our own baubles, Christmas party with friends has been organised and games night just to name a few of the things in store for us.

So because she was so excited about all her ideas we had to decorate our advent calendar this week. It is very easy for beginners and my daughter didn't want to change what the suggestions were from Stampin' Up! so it was very easy to follow. The only thing I wanted to do was to have all the numbers in the centre. As you can see by the picture in the kit provided by Stampin' Up they have them in different locations on the box depending on the images that you use and stamp or if you are ok with things being a bit unregimented go for it!

Advent Calendar Kit, Christmas Countdown, 2019 holiday Catalogue, Stampin' Up

Now the sides of the box is all white so I did decide that it needed some decorating and The Christmastime is here suite available in November as a limited time release was perfect.


 I first used the wood grain pattern from the Pressed Petal DSP then got out the beautiful DSP from the Christmastime is here suite. I cut the thin strips and added them to the middle of the wood grain and then adhered them to the sides of the advent calendar. 

One of the other gorgeous DSP's has beautiful roses and I have cut them out with my paper snips and adhered the bottom layer with snail and the top layer with mini dimensionals. 


For the sentiment in the middle I have used one that comes in the suite in the stamp set Christmas Rose and stamped it in Delicata Metalic Golden Glitz Ink. I have cut it out with the die that comes with the suite and the gold foil that is either side is also a die that comes with the suite. 


 You are going to want this suite so get it now before supplies run out and make some cards, decorate your advent calendar and so much more it is just beautiful!


So I used the Christmas Coundown Stamp set which is found on page 38 of your 2019 Holiday Catalogue with your Advent calendar kit. Plus if you wanted the little extra that I added you can add the Christmas Rose Stamp set and papers which is part of the Christmastime is here suite which is a limited time, while stocks last offering in November so make sure you ask me about it.


Just as an aside my roses in my garden are still looking quite good after a lot of wind and rain. I thought they might look a bit worse for wear after they had been battered around a bit.


My Toile Christmas card tonight I have put together a few elements that are really quick and easy to do.
Toile Christmas, Christmas Cardinal dies, Toile Tidings DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Christmas Cards, Hammered Metal 3d


Firstly stamp on a piece of very vanilla in memento black ink the cardinal so that you can then cut him out with the Christmas cardinal dies and colour him with the Stampin’ Blends. I am loving colouring him with the blends. 

Stamp the sentiment and the large branch with soft suede ink and cut them out using the dies from the Christmas cardinal dies. Cut a piece of very vanilla as the first layer to go on your soft suede card base and run it through your die cutting and embossing machine using the hammered metal 3D embossing folder. Now comes all the layering fun!

I cut 2 contrasting pieces of the Toile tidings DSP and placed them on the angle after adhering the embossed very vanilla piece to the soft suede card base. I really love the Hammered metal embossing folder as you can use it with the impression raised up like this to look like cobble stones or with the impression indented to look like hammered metal. Such a cool embossing folder!

So, after layering the fun papers diagonally for a little play on our visual senses I added a thin strip of crumb cake, the scalloped lace trim and the double stitched garden green ribbon before putting our gorgeous cardinal on his branch popped up on some dimensionals.
To finish off the sentiment was also popped up on some dimensionals.

Toile Christmas, Christmas Cardinal dies, Hammered 3D embossing folder, Christmas cards, Rhapsody in craft, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit, Toile Tidings DSP, Heart of Christmas

Hope you have a go at this card if not with the cardinal at least give the layout a try and don’t forget to get your advent calendar kit and Christmas countdown stamp set to put together your advent calendar ready for the start of December.

Please now grab a cuppa and head over to my friend Claire and our Art with Heart Team leader who is hosting our Heart of Christmas blog hop tonight to see some more Christmas inspiration and the list of the team who played along and their wonderful creations.

Contact me for help with these 2 projects or any of your crafting needs.

Thanks for spending some time with me tonight.
Take Care



10 comments:

Claire said...

Gorgeous. I love your advent calendar decoration. Really love that Toile Christmas card though - the lace and all those other textures and layers look amazing. Thanks for playing along in week 12 Heart of Christmas.

Claire said...

PS - Your roses look amazing!!

Sharon said...

Thank you Claire, they are doing really well this year!

Sharon said...

Thank you Claire, I love the layers on this card too!

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely Advent calendar and beautiful card Sharon, I love the layout and I will have to give it a try, Thanks for Sharing.

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow Sharon you have been super busy! I love your additions to the advent calendar and your Toile card is stunning too (as are your rose, just wow)!!!

Kate Morgan said...

Wowsers, you have been busy this week. The advent calendar looks fab and I agree with you on the placing the numbers in the centre LOL. I love all those roses along your driveway. I can't believe with all the wind, they still have their petals!

Judy May said...

Love the extra touches you added to the Advent Calendar, Sharon. I'm a symmetrical person too so I think the numbers look great in the centre. Love the vintage look of your Toile Christmas card. Your pink rose is absolutely stunning!

Michele Taylor said...

What a lovely project to do with your daughter Sharon. Your advent calendar is lovely and I do like the way you finished it with elements from the Christmastime is Here Suite. Your Toile card is also gorgeous.

Carussell Crafts said...

I just love the extra bits that you've added to the Advent Calendar Sharon, it looks great. And another lovely Toile card too. Your roses are so beautiful - thank you for sharing the lovely photos. x

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...