Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 3 June 2020

Week 1 - AWH Colour Creations Weekly Showcase - "Balmy Blue"


There are so many things to be excited about today. The new 2020-21 Annual Catalogue is live today and that means you can go and check it out and make a big wish list so exciting. Talking about wish lists. The new look Online Store launched today as well and you can go there and make a wish list as well just click on the little heart and add it to a wish list for when you are ready to purchase. So good!😊 I have already put things on my wish list. Just head to my Shop Online Now Button on the side bar to check it out.

But tonight, the next exciting thing is that our Colour Creations Showcase is back! Woo Hoo! 🙌So weekly the Art With Heart team will be bringing you 1 colour from all the amazing colours that Stampin' Up! have to offer and there are 40 gorgeous classic colours and 10 contemporary In Colors plus Basic Black, Whisper White and Very Vanilla, so get ready for some weekly fun and adventure. Each week the lovely Cathy Proctor will be hosting our Showcase and I will have a link at the end of my post so you can hop on over find the list of the team playing along this week and see all of their fantastic creations.

This week is Balmy Blue

Stampin' Up! Balmy Blue, Balmy Blue, Friendship Card, Hello Card, In Good Taste Suite, Tasteful Touches Stamp set, Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder, Colour Creations Showcase, Rhapsodyincraft, Blender pens, 2020-21 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, Stampin' Up!

Oh I do love this gorgeous pale, subtle blue, it is just exquisite!
For this card I have used the new Tasteful Touches stamp set and the new Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder. You can find them on page 122-124 of the new Annual Catalogue as part of the In Good Taste Suite. You are going to love this suite and the gorgeous colours in the Designer series paper and the real to life photo of tile and wood textures. Go check it out! You can see one in the background of this photo!

OK, I am getting too excited back to the card at hand tonight.

Stampin' Up! Balmy Blue, Balmy Blue, Friendship Card, Hello Card, In Good Taste Suite, Tasteful Touches Stamp set, Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder, Colour Creations Showcase, Rhapsodyincraft, Blender pens, 2020-21 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, Stampin' Up!

I have a card base of Thick Whisper white and the Balmy Blue card stock was run through with the gorgeous new Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. I made it just larger than the sentiment card and offset it so I could tie the  braided linen thread around the card and adhere that to the base of the card.  I stamped the flower in Memento black ink and fussy cut it with my paper snips and coloured it with my blender pen using the Balmy Blue ink and highlighted the darker parts with Night of Navy Ink. The centre of the flower is crushed curry. I cut the  Sentiment layer out using the Stitched rectangle dies and then with Sahara sand ink I stamped the flower 3 times in the bottom corner in a triangle so to give some depth behind the Balmy Blue and to make it pop off the page. I then masked those flowers and used both mossy meadow and pear pizzazz ink for the leaves before popping the Balmy Blue flower on a dimensional over the top. The Sentiment is stamped in Balmy blue and I popped the layer up on dimensionals to adhere to the card base. 

I really loved how this card turned out and the layout so I may have to make a few more in different colours. Ok here is my colour combination and the product list can be found at the end of the post. 

My colour combination for this card is:
Stampin' Up Colour Combination, Balmy Blue, Night of navy, Whisper white, Crushed curry, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara sand

Each week as I mentioned my lovely friend and the extremely creative Cathy Proctor will be hosting our Colour Creation Showcase so please hop on over to her blog for the list  of those who are participating this week to find some more inspiration for the colour of Balmy Blue! Cathy's Blog


If you would like anymore information about this card or would like information on how to get the new Annual catalogue into your hands please do not hesitate to contact me, you are going to love this new catalogue. There are some fabulous special on at the moment for June so get in touch, you don't want to miss out.





Product List


Thank you for spending some time with me today.




20 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful use of one of my new favourite suites of products, Sharon! Your colour choices are divine, and I really love the sentiment stamped in Balmy Blue.

Diane Furniss said...

Beautiful Card Sharon,
I love Balmy Blue and so far there has been so many lovely card I couldn't pick a favourite.

Fiona Ryan said...

A really nice card Sharon. I’m so glad I have ordered this stamp set and DSP.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon what a stunning card you've made tonight. I love your fresh take on fresh texture but I have to admit I'm shocked to see you use Crushed Curry. It works so well on this card but I thought it was your least favourite colour? So super well done to make such a beautiful card that includes a colour you don't really like!

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

I love your card Sharon, your colour combination goes nicely together and beautiful layering of the flowers.

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Lovely card Sharon, I love your balmy blue rose

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Lovely card Sharon, and I love the way you tell the story - I can hear you saying it xx

Kate Morgan said...

Lovely card, Sharon. Aren't these gorgeous products to work with? I do like how you have offset the card to the left of the base card and stamped in the bottom corner for balance, beautiful.

Sharon said...

Thank you Christine, I am really loving this suite as well.

Sharon said...

Thank you Diane it really is a lovely colour.

Sharon said...

Thank you Fiona, I know I just had to get it and the DSP too gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Ha Ha, too funny Cathy, I know I have used Crushed curry a bit in the last couple of weeks, what has come over me? LOL! Yes it is not my favourite colour so I am looking forward to the new Bumblebee! Sometimes we have to go with what works.

Sharon said...

Thank you Vicki, I am loving this flower and suite!

Sharon said...

Thank you Rachel I really love this rose and colour.

Sharon said...

Thank you Kathryn xx

Sharon said...

Thank you Kate, these really are gorgeous products. Yes I was just trying a little bit different layout tonight. Glad it worked :) xx

theresa said...

Beautiful card Sharon. I hadn't thought to use this stamp set with Balmy blue but you have done it beautifully.

Tina said...

I agree - the subtle flowers under the BB flower gives the card real depth. It's a beautiful card, and I love the embossed layer.

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card Sharon. We were on a similar wavelength - using the same stamp set with Balmy Blue & Night of Navy. Love your addition of Sahara Sand and the linen trim, with the card centre placed off-centre (hmm not sure if that makes sense). xxx

Carussell Crafts said...

Sharon, this card is just gorgeous! I love the layout, aligning to the left hand side and you are right - Balmy Blue is exquisite! I really like it combined with the other colours on your card too. I can't wait to get this embossing folder!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...