Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 24 June 2020

Week 4 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Blackberry Bliss"


This week Blackberry Bliss

Ask anyone what is Sharon's favourite Stampin' Up! colour?  Blackberry Bliss would have to be the one that they would say before any other colour, so I was so happy that when the colour revamp was done a couple of years ago it was back in and here to stay!

Here are the products from the catalogue that are this gorgeous rich, yummy, delicious colour!

So tonight I have combined some of these products with others and made you a  Double "Z" Fold card.

I have paired my card with the Flowers for Every Season DSP as it just so gorgeous and you just want to put it on all your cards and projects!
The colours that are used in this gorgeous paper are all the new In Colors  plus Poppy Parade and Whisper White. They are so lovely this new lot of In Colors you really should try them in all their forms.


Once I had chosen just the right piece of paper from the Flowers for Every Season I then stamped the focal point of my card using the Butterfly Wishes Stamp set using these colours and with our colour of the week Blackberry Bliss as the star!
Rhapsody in craft, Butterfly Wishes, Fancy Fold, Double Z Fold, Friendship Card, Blackberry Bliss, Flowers for Every Season, 2020-21 Stampin' Up Catalogue, #loveitchopit


For the base of the card I have cut the A4 Blackberry bliss in half folded it and then folded the front back in half to form the "Z" Then I have cut the 6x6 inch piece of Flowers for every season down to have just shy of the 2 inches on the front and the rest on the inside. It is the perfect size for this kind of card and then you just have to adjust the length slightly. There is minimum wastage of a 6x6 piece of designer series paper with this Double "Z" fold card. I didn't double layer the gorgeous paper I wanted both the Blackberry Bliss and the paper to stand out.

Rhapsody in craft, Butterfly Wishes, Fancy Fold, Double Z Fold, Friendship Card, Blackberry Bliss, Flowers for Every Season, 2020-21 Stampin' Up Catalogue, #loveitchopit

To make the Double "Z" I cut an 8 cm x 14.9 cm piece of Whisper White and folded it into a "Z" in equal parts. I adhered the back part down first making sure it was centred before folding up the card and just adhering the little bit to the front. This piece of Whisper White allows you to write on your card.
Rhapsody in craft, Butterfly Wishes, Fancy Fold, Double Z Fold, Friendship Card, Blackberry Bliss, Flowers for Every Season, 2020-21 Stampin' Up Catalogue, #loveitchopit

For the Front of the card I stamped the branch in Cinnamon Cider and then the larger flowers in Blackberry bliss and fussy cut them out with the paper snips and the larger butterfly was also fussy cut. I altered the height of the flowers with a couple down and 1 up with the butterfly with dimensionals to give some added depth and interest to the panel.

The leaves were stamped in Just Jade to match the green in the gorgeous paper. I have also used the Dark Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blend to colour in the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding. I love colouring the seam binding this way to match my projects. The sentiment is also stamped in Blackberry bliss before fussy cut and popped up on mini dimensionals. Of course you can't have a finished project without some bling and this called for some pearls.

I think this would be a perfect card for a friend who loves gardening or butterflies!

Our Colour Creations Showcases are hosted each week by my lovely friend and the extremely creative Cathy Proctor. So hop on over to her blog for the list of those participating this week and find some more inspiration for the colour Blackberry Bliss: Cathy's Blog

If you would like to get your hands on the new annual catalogue please do not hesitate to contact me. The list of products used in my card tonight are at the end of the post so you can check them out.

Thanks for spending some time with me tonight,
Take Care


Product List

16 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Ooh, I like Blackberry Bliss with Cinnamon Cider and Just Jade ... not a colour combo I would have thought of! Lovely, Sharon.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh wow, that is stunning Sharon. How good does Blackberry Bliss look with Cinnamon Cider, and that designer paper sure does add some gorgeous vibrant colour to your card.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Wow, I love that you always have a fancy fold card Sharon - doing justice and showing off even more of the beautiful products. I love that you selected the butterfly set to go with the Flower for Every Season DSP.

theresa said...

What a lovely colour combo Sharon.
so much work in your fancy fold card too, just beautiful.

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh wow Sharon I've been wondering all week what you would do with this colour and you haven't disappointed. This DSP goes so well with the butterfly set. Your card is a riot of gorgeous colour that showcases your love of Blackberry Bliss. Thank you for sharing your project tonight and providing Blackberry Bliss inspiration with us all!

Ros said...

I didn't want butterfly wishes stamp set till I saw your fabulous card! Job well done!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful card Sharon, the Butterfly Wishes stamp set and Floral paper look terrific together

Andrea said...

I love your card Sharon. The combination of the Flower for Every Season DSP with Blackberry Bliss is gorgeous, especially with the Butterfly Wishes stamp set. Also, really love that fancy fold - must give it a go. Great card xxx

Sharon said...

Thanks Christine, I kind of just went for it and it worked. Experimentation pays off sometimes 😊

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, yes it really loojs good together a happy experiment! ❤️

Rachel Palmieri said...

Oooh! I do like that fancy fold with Butterfly Wishes on the front! so pretty!

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon, I have never been a fun fold type of card maker but you sure are encouraging me to start. Your choice of colours is fantastic. Such a bright happy card.

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely Spring card Sharon, So bright and cheery.

Sujatha said...

I love your Z-fold card, Sharon! I have recently been introduced to fancy fold cards, and I must try this one out! Thanks for sharing!

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh Sharon, such a gorgeous, bright and happy card! I love this Fun Fold too.

Tina said...

Wow, your stamped panel is so pretty, and the DSP compliments it perfectly. Fabulous card!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...