Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 10 June 2020

Week 2- AWH Colour Creations Weekly Showcase - "Basic Gray"


My wish list is getting longer, how about you? Have you had fun looking through the new 2020-21 Annual Catalogue? There is something new each time I look. If you don't have a paper copy let me know, there is nothing like a paper copy in your hands to look through.  Did you enjoy last weeks Colour Creations Showcase? Wasn't it fantastic! Let's go and have a look at this week's highlighted colour.

This week Basic Gray

For my first card I have really highlighted the colour of Basic Gray  but have added this combination ever such a little. I used the Ornate Garden suite products as my starting point.
Basic Gray, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Rhapsody in craft

Basic Gray, Ornate Style, Ornate Thanks, Ornate Floral 3D embossing Folder, Rhapsody in Craft, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase

I have used the Ornate Style, Ornate Thanks and Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder from the suite for this card. As I wanted the embossing folder to also shine I paired it with the rectangle stitched dies instead of the Ornate Border die.

Basic Gray, Ornate Style, Ornate Thanks, Ornate Floral 3D embossing Folder, Rhapsody in Craft, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase

You might think : "I haven't seen a rectangle stitched die that small, Sharon". Well you would be correct. I used the same die for both the "Thanks" and "For all you do" I just partially cut out the rectangle each time very carefully until I got it down to the right size. 

For the ribbon I used the Smoky Slate Stampin' Blend on the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding and it is just perfect for this card.

To add a little shimmer to the daisy after colouring with the Stampin Blends I used wink of Stella. All the stamping was done in Basic Gray as well.

Oh and don't forget to decorate the inside of your card.

I decided that I would try another card and saw something similar done with poppies and I thought I might give it a go with the Tasteful touches stamp set and see if it would work. 

I have used these colours for my card and used water colouring for it.
Basic Gray, Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Rhapsody in craft
Basic Gray, Rhapsody in Craft, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Textile 3D EF,  Stampin' Up 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase

I first stamped the leaves and the sentiment in Basic Gray before embossing it with the Tasteful Textiles 3D embossing folder and layering it on the Basic Gray card base.

I then embossed the roses from the Tasteful touches Stamp set in white emboss powder on the Fluid 100 Watercolour paper before using the 3 colours Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride and Flirty flamingo with my aqua painter which is now retired. Stampin' Up have new Water Painters that I have linked in the products below in 3 different brush tip sizes and I am looking forward to getting some to have a play with those. The feathers are also embossed in white on vellum.

Basic Gray, Rhapsody in Craft, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing, Stampin' Up 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase

I think I might need a couple of pearls to balance the card out and add some bling! What do you think? I thank Wendy Lee for the inspiration of her poppy card and I might give that a go as well some time.

So as you know our Colour Creations Showcases are hosted each week by my lovely friend and the extremely creative Cathy Proctor. So hop on over to her blog for the list of those participating this week and find some more inspiration for the colour Basic Gray! Cathy's Blog!


If you would like anymore information about these cards, like to purchase some of these gorgeous products, or would like the new Annual Catalogue in your hands please don't hesitate to contact me. I would love to hear from you.


Basic Gray, Ornate Style, Ornate Thanks, Ornate Floral 3D embossing Folder, Rhapsody in Craft, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Textile 3d Embossing, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up 2020-21 Annual Catalogue, Colour Creations Showcase

Here is the list of products that I used for both of the cards tonight.

Product List

Thank you for spending some time with me tonight, take care,



12 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Lovely cards Sharon, I especially like the daisy card

Fiona Ryan said...

Very nice Sharon. I too especially like the daisy card. I have just added that embossing folder to my wish list!

Carussell Crafts said...

I'm loving the featured embossing on both of your cards, Sharon. Especially on your second card, it's so effective, and the tone on tone stamping works so well too. Gorgeous!

Cathy Proctor said...

Your dry embossing and heat embossing are fabulous on both these cards Sharon and i love the gorgeous colour palette you've chosen for both your cards. Clever tip with the stitched rectangle too - I must try that. Thank you so much for your inspiring project and for joining week 2 of the the AWH Colour Creations Showcase tonight xx

Sujatha said...

Love your cards Sharon, well done!

Christine Blain said...

I like your use of three different-sized stitched rectangles on your first card, Sharon. The Ornate Floral embossing folder is always a winner, and I love that you've custom-coloured the crinkled seam binding (a favourite technique of mine!). Your second card is lovely, too. I do think some pearls, or even rhinestones, in the flower centres, would look really nice. :)

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Snap Sharon, we were on the same wave length with that first card! How beautiful does Basic Gray work with the Ornamental Garden suite? xx

Diane Furniss said...

Love your cards Sharon, I think the daisy one is my favourite. But then I love daisies.

Theresa Gerrard said...

A couple of lovely cards Sharon and love how you have coloured the ribbon to match

Tina said...

Your cards are beautiful, Sharon! I especially love the elegant simplicity of the day card. Just lovely!

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

I love your embossed background on both cards and beautiful colours you've chosen for your cards.

Kate Morgan said...

Great cards Sharon, but I particularly like the Ornate Style one and very clever of you to colour the ribbon with the Blends!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...