Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 17 June 2020

Week 3 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Bermuda Bay"


I am so loving our Colour Creations Showcase already and we are only in week 3 so many more gorgeous colours from Stampin' Up to go!

This week Bermuda Bay

Bermuda Bay is a beautiful bright aqua blue colour. You have a variety of things to choose from in the catalogue that is Bermuda bay
  • Card stock (A4, brights A4 assortment, brights 12x12 assortment)
  • ink pad and refill,
  • Stampin' Write marker in brights collection and Many Marvellous markers
  • Watercolour pencils
  • stampin blends
  • Brights 6x6 DSP
  • Artistry Blooms DSP

For my card tonight I have taken the Artistry Bloom DSP and used the colour blend in the paper as my colour combination tonight. Stampin' Up! has done all the work for us so all you have to do is look at what colour combination they have used and go with that.

Bermuda Bay Colour Combination, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Granny Apple Green, Stampin' Up!

You know if you have been following me for a while that I love a fancy fold so I thought I would so one for tonight and it is just so easy you have to try it. I chose to do a Double Open Joy Fold Card.
Rhapsody in craft, Fancy Fold,Double Open Joy Fold Card, Sailing Home, Bermuda Bay, Artistry Bloom DSP, Old World Paper 3D EF, Stampin' Up! 2020-21 Catalogue


Such a fun fold this Double Open Joy Fold and I thought this was just the perfect fold for this colour challenge this week. No, actually I wanted to do this fold so I made it work! 😂 I saw it on Jacque Williams blog and thought I would love to give it a go. What I did think was perfect was the Artistry Bloom DSP and the Sailing Home stamp set together. When I saw this particular piece of DSP in the pack I thought all the gorgeous shimmery colours of the water. Then, I thought about the rippling waves and the Old World Paper 3D Embossing folder was perfect. Gave just the effect I was looking for.

As you can see the Old Worlds Paper 3D Embossing folder up close on the  Artistry Bloom DSP is really good as a water effect!

Ok so how did I make this card? Well I am glad you asked! It is actually 2 cards in 1. A larger z-fold card - Cut an A4 piece of card stock vertically and then fold in half and then fold back the front flap in half. Easy there is your z-fold. Now make a smaller card just folded in half to adhere to the inside and back panel of the card and it closes over the front of the z-fold and you now have your card made.

Rhapsody in craft, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold, Sailing Home, Bermuda Bay, Old Worlds Paper 3D EF, Artistry Bloom DSP

Rhapsody in craft, Sailing Home, Double Open Joy Fold, Bermuda Bay, Old World Paper 3D EF, Stampin' Up

When you open the card you have a couple of places you can write on and I have decorated the left inside panel with basic gray ink rope and then using the Smooth sailing dies I have cut out the anchor once I had stamped it in Bermuda bay ink.

See that bakers twine wrapped around the front flap of the card? It is the new Misty moonlight/silver Bakers Twine from the Flowers for Every Season ribbon combo pack. It is not quite night of navy or Bermuda Bay but it works well on this card.

Rhapsody in craft, Sailing Home, Bermuda Bay, Artistry Bloom DSP, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold, Old World Paper 3D EF, Stampin' Up 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

This angle gives you a good look at the opening of the card. For the front sentiment panel of the card I used basic gray and stamped the birds and the 2 smaller yachts before using the Smooth sailing dies to cut out the larder stamped yacht and then colouring it with my Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends. Light on the sails with a few darker accents and a dark hull of the yacht. I popped her up on some dimensionals. 


Rhapsody in Craft, Sailing Home, Smooth sailing dies, Old World Paper 3D EF, Fancy Fold, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Artistry Bloom DSP,Stampin' Up 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

The sentiment is perfect for what we are all going through right now and I am ever so grateful for the friendships that I have made through being part of Stampin' Up and how they are so supportive and caring of me. I think this is just the perfect sentiment and I thank every single one of these gorgeous friends for being my anchor.

 I have stamped it in Bermuda Bay ink and used the Smooth Sailing dies to cut it out. I also cut the same die out in Bermuda Bay Card Stock then using my paper snips cut down the sentiment to fit just inside the stitching and popped them up on a dimensional and added some bling with Night of Navy rhinestones from the holiday rhinestones basic jewels back.  This card folds down nicely into our C6 envelopes.

Our Colour Creations Showcases are hosted each week by my lovely friend and the extremely creative Cathy Proctor. So Hop on over to her blog for the list of those participating this week and find some more inspiration for the colour Bermuda Bay: Cathy's Blog


Product List

If you have any questions on how to make this card or would like a paper copy of the new Annual catalogue in your hand please do not hesitate to contact me.


Thank you for spending some time with me tonight.
Take care,

14 comments:

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Wow!!! That's amazing Sharon - what a great fold. That's a really special card!

Kate Morgan said...

Wow, that is a great fancy fold card Sharon. I wasn't sure about that super bright designer paper, but it is perfect for this card!

Sharon said...

Thank you Kathryn, I loved this fold when I saw it.

Tina said...

Wowsers! What a card! it's amazing, and I agree that the embossing folder totally adds to the water effect of the DSP. Fabulous!

Sharon said...

Thank you Kate, I loved it when I saw it and just had to try it. I was not sure about the bright DSP either so I get what you mean 😁

Ros said...

Clever fancy fold and I love the look of water the embossing folder created.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon that DSP and embossing folder are just perfect for your card. I love your fancy fold too and totally agree about how this card is perfect for our times and especially this group of amazing women who we share our love of crafting with. Thank you so much for joining the AWH Colour Creations showcase to provide some Bermuda Bay colour inspiration xx

Christine Blain said...

Great card, Sharon! I love, love, love the paper, and embossing, you've used; it is an awesome backdrop for those stamps. Great thinking!

Michele Taylor said...

Great minds think alike Sharon. I love your inspiration and colour palette :) Great card. The Sailing Home stamp set certainly work well with Bermuda Bay.

Andrea said...

An amazing card Sharon. I love the Double Joy fancy fold - Hadn't seen this before, but really want to try it out. Also love your combination of the DSP with the Old World Paper embossing folder. A great card for Bermuda Bay. xxx

Diane Furniss said...

Wow what a lovely card Sharon, I love that fold and the DSP really works well with the Sail Away stamp Set.

Carussell Crafts said...

This really is a "wow" card, Sharon! That DSP pattern and the stamp set are a match made in heaven. I love a fun fold card, and I love your card!

Sujatha said...

I love the fancy folding, I love the DSP, I love the water effect with the embossing folder, and I love the sentiment! Beautiful card, Sharon, thanks for sharing!

Theresa Gerrard said...

Wow Sharon what a stunning card, so much work into it. I especially love the sea effect and the colour combo is great

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...