Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 10 September 2020

AWHT - Creative Showcase September 2020 - Masculine Cards

 

Tonight the Art With Heart Team are showcasing Masculine cards. I think it is a great time to be looking at masculine cards as there are so many things in the current Stampin' Up catalogue that you can use for masculine cards so I am looking forward to seeing what the team has come up with.

I have made 2 cards for you tonight using totally different products to give you a couple of ideas.

Well Said, World of Good, Memories and More, Tasteful textures, Love of leaves, Rhapsody in craft, STampin' Up, Male cards, Masculine Cards.

I have gone in a couple of different directions with these cards. 

The first card I have used one of my favourite suites of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. World of Good. 

Well Said, World of Good, Memories and More, Tasteful textures, Love of leaves, Rhapsody in craft, STampin' Up, Male cards, Masculine Cards.

For this card I have paired it with the Well Said stamp set for my sentiment!

The sentiment is heat embossed in white on a sticker from the World of Good Memories and More pack. It fits perfectly!

So my card base is Early Espresso, layered with the green land DSP from the World of Good Specialty DSP then I have a layer that is a card from the World of Good Memories and More pack and the Telescope is from there too!
Well Said, World of Good, Memories and More, Tasteful textures, Love of leaves, Rhapsody in craft, STampin' Up, Male cards, Masculine Cards.

I have cut out the world dies in brass foil to add some weight to the sentiment. I love the telescope and a few years ago I bought my husband a telescope so he could see the moon and some of the planets. It was not a very expensive telescope but not a bad first one. So I just had to have these Memory and more cards and this suite! Plus having lived in both the northern and southern hemisphere now I couldn't resist these dies!
Because I liked the look of the DSP on the front just for something a little different I added a layer on the inside. It is a special card after all.

My second card tonight I really wanted to use the In Good Taste DSP another part of a suite and the whole suite In Good Taste that I just had to have when the Annual Catalogue came out! Ok so there are many things I just had to have. Crafting is a no judgement safe space!!!

Well Said, World of Good, Memories and More, Tasteful textures, Love of leaves, Rhapsody in craft, STampin' Up, Male cards, Masculine Cards.

So for this card I wanted to use the gorgeous designer series paper with all its beautiful textures and designs and use that as the backdrop for a simple card on the front.


I used the die from the Tasteful Labels dies part of the Tasteful Touches bundle and cut out 12 different pieces and glued them onto a piece of Misty Moonlight card base. I used both sides of the DSP to give you all the gorgeous colour and textures. I then layered it again on another piece of Misty Moonlight card before adhering it to the card base. I found using our Tombow Multi purpose glue was really good to give just enough wiggle room to help position all the pieces.
On the front of the card I wanted it to be quite simple so the texture and design of the paper could shine through so I thought why not play with these beautiful leaves. Did you know they were designed so that you could emboss  with the veins and cut out at the same time? You can just cut them out with out the dotty veins too if you want for other effects and if you are cutting out stamped images. How cool is that?
Well Said, World of Good, Memories and More, Tasteful textures, Love of leaves, Rhapsody in craft, STampin' Up, Male cards, Masculine Cards.


I really loved this saying from the Love of leaves stamp set so I stamped it in Misty Moonlight and cut it out with a different label from the Tasteful labels dies.
Well Said, World of Good, Memories and More, Tasteful textures, Love of leaves, Rhapsody in craft, STampin' Up, Male cards, Masculine Cards.


I had a bit of fun making these masculine cards I hope you don't find male cards too daunting now either. I am sure if you hit the next but or clink on the link to Rachel's blog you will see the list of the team who have put together more inspiration on masculine cards for you. My dear friend Rachel is hosting our monthly team showcases so head on over to her blog: Masculine Cards 

If you have any questions about today's project please do not hesitate to contact me or if you would like any help with your crafty needs, I would be happy to help you.

Thank you for spending some time with me today, take care,






6 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Both your cards are beautiful Sharon and they have inspired me to try my hand at making more masculine cards.

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, there’s a lot of detailed work there and lots of die cutting!

Kate Morgan said...

Great cards Sharon, both wonderful masculine styles. Those leaves are very versatile!

Tina said...

Fabulous cards! You've picked the most perfect sentiment for the first card, and I love how well the die tessellates on the second.

Sue Madex said...

Love your mix and match background with those gorgeous papers. What a great idea.

Carussell Crafts said...

Two great masculine cards, Sharon. I love your World of Good card with all the gorgeous elements and then all the fantastic DSP patterns that feature in your second card - love it!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...