Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 23 September 2020

Week 17 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Garden Green"

 


Welcome to week 17 of our Colour Creations Showcase. Tonight we are showcasing one of the gorgeous green colours that Stampin' Up! has for you to choose from when making your projects.


This Week Garden Green

Well for my card this week I wanted to try something different. I googled..... yes I googled green flowers and actually found quite a few. I knew there were some other than succulents but I wanted to check to see if stamping my daisy was too far out there! No not really.


Granted this is more Granny Apple Green in colour but I went for it anyway.

Rhapsody in craft, Garden Green, Daisy Lane, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Artistry Bloom DSP, Stitched Shape Framelit dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Well Written Dies, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up! #loveitchopit

I chose to do quite a monochromatic card with just a hint of colour to represent the sunset! 

When I had finished I almost thought ok now the colours are reminding me of some of the houses that my hubby and I looked at when we were trying to buy our house and the kitchens were stuck in the 70's and 80's. You know what I mean! 😂😂

Rhapsody in craft, Garden Green, Daisy Lane, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Artistry Bloom DSP, Stitched Shape Framelit dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Well Written Dies, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up! #loveitchopit

Apart from the colour that you can't not see now! This card has lots of fun elements. Beautiful Garden Green stamped daisies that have been punched out with the Daisy Punch and the Medium Daisy Punch. I decided to do 3 of each size to make it a lush and full bloom. I adhered them together with Stampin' Seal and then added a mini dimensional between the smaller daisy and the larger daisy!

Rhapsody in craft, Garden Green, Daisy Lane, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Artistry Bloom DSP, Stitched Shape Framelit dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Well Written Dies, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up! #loveitchopit

Hans Christian Anderson is quoted as saying "Living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower" I think my flower needed a little bling with the gold glitter enamel dots and Wink of Stella as well!

Rhapsody in craft, Garden Green, Daisy Lane, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Artistry Bloom DSP, Stitched Shape Framelit dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Well Written Dies, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up! #loveitchopit


I have used the Subtles 3D embossing folder to add some texture and interest to the white space of the card and do you see the circle that I have cut out. I have used the largest of the Stitched shaped Dies and even though you can't see the stitching here I will have a stitched circle ready to go for another project.

Rhapsody in craft, Garden Green, Daisy Lane, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Artistry Bloom DSP, Stitched Shape Framelit dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Well Written Dies, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up! #loveitchopit


I have added the gorgeous leaves cut from Forever Flourishing dies in Garden Green card stock behind the daisy and over lapping my sunset that can be made by popping a piece of Artistry Blooms DSP behind my peekaboo window! It almost reminds me of a scene in the Roger's and Hammerstein Musical South Pacific! Not sure why maybe the cover of the movie. I have been singing "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" all afternoon! 😂 

Our beautiful Brass foil was just perfect for this card and I have used the Well Written dies for the word "Friend" and the "butterfly" I first adhered the foil onto the adhesive sheet before putting them through the Emboss & Cut machine and it is just perfect for this thing. You need to get some of those sheets if you haven't already!

Well my time is up for living in the 60's, 70's and 80's so if you have any Stampin' Up! needs or would like to purchase the products to make this card. It is really quick to make. Please contact me.  Don't forget the 24hr Stamp sale has just under 2 hours to go so be quick if you still need to get something on your wish list.


Please head over to my friend and always creative Catherine Proctor's blog as she is the host of our Colour Creations Showcase each week. I love what Catherine creates each week and I look forward to seeing her creations and the rest of the Art With Heart team that participate so I can be inspired: Cathy's Blog When you are there and see the list just right click on each name to open them in a new window or tab so that you don't have to go back to Cathy's page to find the next name on the list. Happy Showcase everyone!

My Product list:

Product List


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today.

Take Care,



13 comments:

Tina said...

Your green daisy is wonderful! The sunset is fabulous, and I didn't think of kitchens until you mentioned it! I love the butterfly nestled in amongst the foliage.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

My first thought when I saw your lovely, full, Garden Green daisy was how elegant it looked. Then I saw the close-up with the gold details - wow! Gorgeous, Sharon.

Michele Taylor said...

Diane your card is so lovely. I love all the layers and the gold elements add a real touch of elegance.

Claire said...

Wow this is really cool! I love the simple layout, but the layering and texture really add wow to this card. It's just gorgeous.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I'm quite convinced that the flower image you found on google is photoshopped and in no way is it that green in real life, however, it doesn't matter in the least because your daisy is spectacular with all those layers and the Wink of Stella and gold centre.
And I adore your layout - so well balanced with the bulk of the flower below and to the side of the sunset window, the beautiful contrasting colours and the swathe of foliage. Very nicely put together my friend - and I'm glad it made you sing while you were making it - you were obviously happy and that makes me smile!

Sujatha said...

Love your creative use of Garden Green, the quote from Hans Christian Anderson, and all the allusions to times past!! You had a lot of fun making this card, Sharon - thanks for your inspiration!!

Sue Madex said...

That background circle really shows the flowers off well. Love it.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon you are so funny - I love reading your blogs! This card is very Japanese in some ways - I love it! Thank you so much for joining the Colour Creations Showcase this week and inspiring us all with your creations xx

Kate Morgan said...

Oh you make me laugh with your story telling, I just love it :)
That circle behind your green daisies is fantastic and the fern die cuts add a lovely softness. Great card!

Andrea said...

What a lovely card Sharon. So love the layout with the sun recessed though the die cut circle. All the layers and textures with the touches of gold is gorgeous. xxx

Carussell Crafts said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, and SNAP back at ya for the little butterfly. I love the colours and the design of your card.

Diane Furniss said...

I so much love daisies and yours in green are just beautiful.

theresa said...

Another beautiful card Sharon. That sunset looks so inviting. I'm glad you did the close up of the daisy or else I wouldn't have seen the gold shimmer to it. Lots of lovely elements

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...