Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 16 September 2020

Week 16 - AWH Colour Creations Showcase - "Flirty Flamingo"

 


Week 16 is here and the very Flirty Flamingo is our colour of the week! I have been rather busy this week with a birthday at my house and making a cake so I have been trying to get my head around what to make for you. I thought a birthday card would be perfect since we just had one. Plus maybe a fancy fold as well. I was doing a bit of searching to see if I could be inspired and I found an adaptation to the tri-fold shutter card that I think we are going to like. So lets get started.

This week Flirty Flamingo

Flirty Flamingo is a bright and vibrant colour and I had a loved making my cards this week.
Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Here's A Card, Stitched Triangles, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

Ok all my fellow Art With Heart family have influenced me and I just had to get the Stitched Triangles Dies. I just couldn't resist in the end! So I used them for my first card.
Rhapsody in Craft,  Here's A Card, Stitched Triangles, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

I was making this card as a birthday card so I just love the font in Here's a Card so I stamped that first on to Whisper white and then put that layer through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine with the Subtle 3D emboss folder and layered that on a base of Flirty Flamingo and Thick Whisper White card.
Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Here's A Card, Stitched Triangles, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

I had seen a few cards on Pinterest that had used just squares or hexagons in a random pattern on the front of the card so I thought it would look fantastic in our new Stitched Triangle dies. I used the Flirty Flamingo DSP from the Brights 6x6 DSP stack and repeated the same triangle. Next time I think I will try a few different sizes and see how it looks. 

Now you may be wondering where I got the sequence from? I got them from the Paper Pumpkin Share the Sunshine Kit. I had a few left over and thought they would look great. You can still order these kits while stocks last. So jump on it. They are fun to make.

For my second card I wanted to do a fancy fold so I found one that I hadn't tried before and it is called an Adjusted tri-fold Shutter Card.
Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card,  #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

Ok another confession. First time using the peony dies as well! I know I am breaking out all the stops tonight!

Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, fancy fold Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

So what makes this tri-fold shutter card so different is that you now have a bigger space to write on than the other versions so the adjusted part!

Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Fancy Fold, Creative Fold, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

I took a normal A4 card stock and cut it down to the 14.9 cm x 21 cm. Then I changed to inches for the scoring bit just to help myself  I scored at 2", 4", 6" and 8"  At the  2"  and  6" mark I only scored down 1.5 inches turned the card around and did it on the other side. Cut from the 2 inch line to the 6 inch line from where you have scored down to (1.5 inches) Now fold mountain /valley and you have the base of your card ready to decorate. (If you like you can use a 12x12 piece of card stock so the writing panel is evenly spaced.)

Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Fancy Fold, Creative Fold, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

I couldn't resisted using the gorgeous Peony Garden DSP to add interest to the card and I have used both sides of the same piece. The card base is Soft Suede and I have layered the DSP on the colour of the week Flirty Flamingo.

Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Fancy fold, Creative Fold, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

For the Peony that I have used on the front of the card I have paired the gorgeous Flirty flamingo with Poppy Parade. I quite like this colour combo. The leaves are Shaded Spruce and Just Jade. I have popped this Peony up on a large stitched shaped circle die of the the Peony Garden DSP and I backed it with a little Whisper white card stock to give it a bit of reinforcement.

Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence,Fancy Fold, Creative Fold, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit


Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Fancy Fold, Creative Fold, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

I really loved the sentiment in the Floral Essence stamp set and thought it was perfect for a Friendship card so I have stamped it in Gray Granite which is one of the colours from the Peony Garden DSP and I have also stamped one of the Peonies from the Prized Peony in the corner.

Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Fancy Fold, Creative Fold, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

As you can see the card folds nice and flat so it will fit into an envelope.

Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Fancy Fold, Creative FoldHere's A Card, Stitched Triangles, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

As you can see it is exactly the same width as a normal card when folded flat.

I hope you have enjoyed my run at Flirty Flamingo this week. My Product list will be at the end of the post.
Rhapsody in Craft, Flirty Flamingo, Prized Peony, Floral Essence, Friendship card, Fancy fold, Creative Fold,Here's A Card, Stitched Triangles, Subtles 3D Embossing Folder, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit

Please head on over to my dear friend's Cathy Proctor's Blog for this week's list of those participating in the Colour Creations Showcase. Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions on how I made my projects this week or would like a copy of the Annual Catalogue or the August-December Mini in your hands and would like to have some of the goodies in your hands to make your Christmas cards this year please do not hesitate to contact me.


Card 1:
Product List

Card 2:
Product List

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today.
Take Care,






12 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon you certainly have broken out all the stops tonight! love both of your cards but wow the tri-shutter fold is exceptional - I can't believe you had time with such a busy week. Thank you for inspiring us all with your Flirty flamingo cards tonight xx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Great ways to showcase Flirty Flamingo, Sharon. I particularly like your first card ... I'm a bit of a sucker for the stitched triangles (okay, any stitched dies!).

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Lovely cards Sharon, to two toned Peony looks beautiful

Kate Morgan said...

Wow great card Sharon, I love those triangles but what an awesome fancy fold design, so clever!

theresa said...

Sharon, you've created 2 completely different cards yet they are both lovely. My favourite though is definitely the Stitched Triangle one. Just lovely

Ros said...

Both cards are lovely and I adore the peek a boo peony on the inside of the tri fold shutter card.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Lovely cards my friend! I am always a sucker for a fancy fold - but you really got me with the triangles - how effective is that? <3

Sue Madex said...

What a great way to use those triangles and I LOVE your fancy fold card. Flower looks great on that narrow front panel.

Michele Taylor said...

Oh Diane I do love all your fun fold cards and this one is no exception. Your other card, while simple, is so very clever. It takes me back to school days and tangram puzzles. I always loved those.

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh my friend, I LOVE the crisp, fresh look of your triangle card - GORGEOUS! And a WOW is what popped into my head when I saw your beautiful 'fun fold' card. Just so beautiful. xx

Sujatha said...

Love your cards - especially the fancy fold card! Very impressive!!

Tina said...

Two wonderful cards! I love the triangles - the arrangement reminds me a little of origami. I will have to give the fancy fold a go when I am back at my craft desk, it looks fabulous!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...