Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 30 September 2020

Week 18 - Colour Creations Showcase - " Gorgeous Grape"

 


How are you going? This week we have the most gorgeous rich purple to show you!

This week Gorgeous Grape

I was wanting to do a spotlighting technique this week and  I saw this great card on Pinterest that combined both the triple layer card technique and the spotlight technique with the Sunflower stamp and I thought I would try it with the Prized Peony Stamp set as I couldn't quite see a Gorgeous Grape Sunflower. Can you?

rhapsodyincraft, gorgeous grape, prized peony, layered cards, spotlight cards, in my thought cards, Stampin' Up! #colourcreationsshowcase

In a triple layer card you could add an extra layer I have done a double layer. I thought that would be enough for my card.  I love the Prized Peony stamp set and although they are quite a soft colours I noticed when looking on Tesselaar gardens sales they have a new peony out this year called a purple hat and it is gorgeous.

I thought my peony could also be purple and I love the colour of Gorgeous Grape so I went for it!

I cut my 2 pieces of Whisper white card stock in the 2 sizes and stamped my sentiment in the middle of the smaller one. Then I laid the it on top of the larger one making adhering it in the middle with a mini glue dot that we can remove later to add our Gorgeous Grape Card layers. I then stamped the peony in memento black ink on each corner right up to the sentiment making sure I rubbed the back of the stamp so that the ink came of the stamp where the 2 pieces of whisper white joined.

rhapsodyincraft, gorgeous grape, prized peony, layered cards, spotlight cards, in my thought cards, Stampin' Up! #colourcreationsshowcase

Once I stamped the peonies I took the smaller piece off the larger white piece and  used my blender pen with the Gorgeous Grape ink and a little Mossy Meadow for the leaf. I then layered with Gorgeous Grape card stock to finish my card. It looks really lovely in person but if you wanted to you could also add some extra bling. So I did!


I added a bit of Wink of Stella on the peony and the Frosted and clear Epoxy Droplets

rhapsodyincraft, gorgeous grape, prized peony, layered cards, spotlight cards, in my thought cards, frosted and clear epoxy droplets, Stampin' Up! #colourcreationsshowcase



I hope you have enjoyed my play on a couple of common techniques and the little twist on them both.  Please now head over to the lovely Cathy Proctor's Blog as she hosts our Colour Creations Showcase each week and there you will find the list of creative ladies playing along with our colour this week of Gorgeous Grape: Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions about this project or would like the Annual Catalogue or the August-December Mini in your hands please do not hesitate to contact me.


Tomorrow is October 1st and Stampin' Up has a new sale starting 15% off selected Designer Series Paper. Contact me so you can stock up and save on your favourite DSP!


Here is my Gorgeous Grape
Product List
Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,






11 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Such a lovely way to show off those gorgeous big blooms, and the lovely colour, Sharon. I like your "blingy" touches ... just right!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Great choice for your card Sharon, your colouring of your GG peony is beautiful. I’m sure it looks amazing with the Wink of Stella in real life, it’s so hard to photograph

Cathy Proctor said...

This is such a great stamp to use for this technique Sharon - your colouring is amazing! Thank you for sharing your Gorgeous Grape inspiration with us this week xx

Rachel Palmieri said...

Love this layout and treatment for a card, and the peony is a good choice. So how hard are peonies to grow?

Kathryn Ruddick said...

This is a lovely card my friend. I love that you combined the two techniques and chose the beautiful peony stamp which was perfect for it . . . although, I do think you could have done a purple sunflower and called it a gerbera!! LOL

Kate Morgan said...

Great technique with these larger images, Sharon, and there is nothing wrong with extra bling ;)

Carussell Crafts said...

Ooh, just lovely my friend. This is a technique I haven't tried yet and I'm so inspired by your lovely example. xx

Sue Madex said...

That's a great stamp for combining those two techniques - must give that a go. It has come up so well. Very eye catching.

Michele Taylor said...

Such a clever idea Sharon. Your card is beautiful and the large peony was a perfect choice.

theresa said...

You're right Sharon a sunflower in Gorgeous Grape just doesn't work but your use of the Peonies is just perfect. I haven't seen this technique before but it really is effective and the addition of Wink of Stella is just beautiful.

Tina said...

What a wonderful card. The purple peonies look fabulous - it really is a great set for this technique.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...