Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 9 December 2020

Week 28 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Misty Moonlight"


Tonight I am bringing to you a card inspired by a Windmill! A Windmill?! Yes, a windmill. When we lived in Minneapolis, many moons ago, my Husband had to travel to The Netherlands for work and he bought back a Delft Pottery Musical Windmill as he knows I love music boxes as I am a music teacher. So today I have made a card inspired by his visit to the Netherlands in December 1995.
 
This week Misty Moonlight

Misty Moonlight, Rhapsody in Craft, Bloom & Grow, Stampin' Blends, #colourcreationsshowcase, Delft Pottery, Friendship card, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

I have gone for a simple stamping card today and the wonderful Stampin' Blends with the added bling of the Silver Metallic-edge ribbon.

Misty Moonlight, Rhapsody in Craft, Bloom & Grow, Stampin' Blends, #colourcreationsshowcase, Delft Pottery, Friendship card, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

What I have done for you today is used this gorgeous Bloom and Grow stamps set and stamped multiple time on a piece of whisper white card stock the one large image and then snuck in the edge of another to fill in one little spot that I wanted to fill in with just the rose. I stamped these in Basic Gray ink. 

Misty Moonlight, Rhapsody in Craft, Bloom & Grow, Stampin' Blends, #colourcreationsshowcase, Delft Pottery, Friendship card, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

To Colour the roses I have used the Misty Moonlight Dark and Light Stampin' Blends in contrast with Light Pool Party. The leaves and branches are coloured in light Smoky Slate. I wanted to keep them neutral to go along with my Delft Pottery theme.

Misty Moonlight, Rhapsody in Craft, Bloom & Grow, Stampin' Blends, #colourcreationsshowcase, Delft Pottery, Friendship card, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

I have stamped sentiment in Misty Moonlight and fussy cut this and popped it up on mini dimensionals  after adding the Silver Metallic-Edged ribbon and backing it with Misty Moonlight card stock and adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Base.

Colouring is such a relaxing thing to do and this is an easy card to make with limited supplies so you could take a few card fronts cut and ready to go with you  to colour when you go away on your summer holidays for those of us here in Australia or for your winter break in the the Northern hemisphere!

Please now head over to the blog of my friend and our host for Colour Creations Showcase, the always inspiring Cathy Proctor: Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions about today's card or would like information about ordering product do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,



11 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

I love your windmill Caroline and story behind it. How lovely of Michael to bring it home for you. Your card is gorgeous and really reflects the lovely Delft pottery. Thank you for inspiring us with your Misty Moonlight creation this week.

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Wonderful card Sharon, I love how you used the windmill as inspiration

theresa said...

Being part Dutch myself I really love the inspiration you have used for your card Sharon. Like you I also have many Delft pieces but had never thought to use them as inspiration for a card.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Lovely! I really like the greys with the blues; you've put this card together beautifully, Sharon. Nice inspiration piece, with sentimental meaning. It makes your creation extra-special. x

Tina said...

The greys and blues are perfect together, and very reminiscent of the Delft windmill. A gorgeous card with a wonderful story.

Andrea said...

A lovely card Sharon. Thank you for sharing the story of your Delft windmill and its inspiration of tonight's card. I love your floral design and your colouring. xxx

Carussell Crafts said...

Sharon, I just love the inspiration behind your oh-so-pretty card. I too love music boxes and your windmill is gorgeous, as is your card. Well done to Michael - such a beautiful gift. xx

Kate Morgan said...

Aww, what a gorgeous story behind your card, with that stunning musical windmill. Such a great inspiration piece and you have done an amazing job colouring those blooms!

Diane Furniss said...

I Love Love Love this card Sharon, I just can't think of any other words to say.

Ros said...

The inspiration for your card reminds me of so many family pieces. I love the story behind your card and your card.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Nawwww this is so lovely Sharon. A beautiful card that tells a lovely story of a sweet gift and fond memories. Just love it! xox

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...