Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 16 December 2020

Week 29 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Mossy Meadow"


Well it is nearly Christmas and that means this is the last Colour Creations Showcase just for a couple of weeks while we have a little break and have Christmas and New Year's festivities! Are you looking forward to them? This year I am sure they look a little different or a little at least to how you would normally spend them.

However before all of that we have 1 more week of Colour Creations Showcase and then we will be back on January 6th so don't forget to come on back then for the second half of the Stampin' Up! Colours.

This week  Mossy Meadow!

I  have 1 more Christmas Card inspiration using product that you can still purchase in the Giant End of Year Sale when I made this card so be quick and get on to these stamp sets and bundle. 
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Nativity, Peaceful Nativity Bundle, Nativity Dies, For Unto Us, Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder, Stable Door, Christmas Card, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Salvation Army International Staff Band, Stampin' Up, stampinup, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, #colourcreationsshowcase


My parents were the inspiration for this card. We have a carol in our church that is one of my Dad's favourites and we don't sing it very often but I thought I would make this card for them and remind them of this carol. I have added the words at the end of the post so you can read them and a YouTube link to listen to a verse of the music if you would like to. The carol is called Stable Door!
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Nativity, Peaceful Nativity Bundle, Nativity Dies, For Unto Us, Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder, Stable Door, Christmas Card, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Salvation Army International Staff Band, Stampin' Up, stampinup, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, #colourcreationsshowcase

For this card I started with stamping the the stable in crumb Cake on the wood grain Crumb Cake Neutral DSP and although I really liked the effect when I cut it out with the Nativity Dies. I  thought it was a bit busy for the card and that it needed to be a bit simpler. So I got out the Brushed Metallic card and settled on this gorgeous brass and cut it out and it looks so gorgeous over the Old World 3D embossing of the Mossy Meadow Card Stock.
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Nativity, Peaceful Nativity Bundle, Nativity Dies, For Unto Us, Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder, Stable Door, Christmas Card, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Salvation Army International Staff Band, Stampin' Up, stampinup, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, #colourcreationsshowcase

I love how the dies have embossed the wood grain on the stable. I have adhered the stable and the palm trees and star with Tombow Multipurpose glue onto the embossed Mossy Meadow Card. A little trick is to let it dry a little and get tacky before adhering it to the card front so that you don't have glue running out from under you dies. Alternatively you can adhere the adhesive sheets first before putting the dies through the Cut & Emboss machine.

Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Nativity, Peaceful Nativity Bundle, Nativity Dies, For Unto Us, Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder, Stable Door, Christmas Card, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Salvation Army International Staff Band, Stampin' Up, stampinup, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, #colourcreationsshowcase

On the front I used the sentiment from the stamp set For Unto Us and stamped that in Mossy Meadow on Very Vanilla Card stock and backed it with the Brushed metallic card. On the inside of the card I have again used Very vanilla and have used the dies again with Brass Brushed Metallic Card and stamped the Sentiments from the Peaceful Nativity stamp set.
Rhapsody in craft, Peaceful Nativity, Peaceful Nativity Bundle, Nativity Dies, For Unto Us, Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder, Stable Door, Christmas Card, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, Salvation Army International Staff Band, Stampin' Up, stampinup, Aug-Dec Mini 2020, #colourcreationsshowcase

I think Mum and Dad will like their card and I might just have to make a couple more now that I have this design as it is very quick and very effective.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and see you in January for some more fun with our Colour Creations Showcase.

Please head over to the blog of the very creative Cathy and our host each week for Colour Creations Showcase to see who is playing along this week for Mossy Meadow: Cathy's Blog


If you would like any help with the Giant End of Year Sale or would like the New Jan-June Mini in your hands ready for next year please do not hesitate to contact me.

Here are the words and video to the carol Stable Door

Open wide the stable door,
Monarchs rich and shepherds poor
Wait to tread the holy floor
Where lies the Son of God.

See, they bring Him gifts of gold,
Tender lambs from Judah's fold,
As with awe their eyes behold
The infant Son of God.

I am not a wealthy King,
Naught have I for offering.
E'en a lamb I cannot bring
To give Thee, Son of God.

Yet I would be at Thy side
And the door is open wide!
What can empty hands provide,
Oh, what, Thou Son of God?

Not without can I remain,
Not my heart's deep urge restrain,
Trembling 'neath my love and pain,
I come, dear Son of God.

Now I bow me at Thy stall,
Giftless, yet I give Thee all;
Thou art the Lord, and I am thrall
To Thee, O Son of God!



Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,

Take Care,


9 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon this is such a beautiful card but even more precious is the story of the carol and your dad. Thank you for sharing your stunning card and the words to the carol, and thank you for creativity, inspiration and participation in the colour creations blog hop in 2020 x

Tina said...

Aww! Don't you love it when you can use our products to make such a personalised card? It's a wonderful card, and an even more wonderful story! I'm sure your parents will love it.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

The embossed background is a lovely backdrop to the simple, elegant, metallic die cut design, Sharon. I enjoyed your story about this carol, that I've never heard of. I'm sure your parents will love this special card!

Michele Taylor said...

Oh what a wonderful inspiration for your card Sharon. Your parents will love it. Thanks so much for sharing both your story and card.

Diane Furniss said...

Love you card Sharon and using the Olde world paper embossing folder really give so much depth.

Kate Morgan said...

A beautiful story to go with a gorgeous card. The MM with the brass is so rich and adds a gorgeous shine. The embossed background looks great too!

Carussell Crafts said...

A beautiful card and story. I know your parents will love their card, how could they not. Made with love from love. Beautiful!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Lovely my friend! I am sure your mum & dad loved their card - how nice to share such a memory xx

Ros said...

What a lovely card for your parents.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...