Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 2 December 2020

Week 27 = Colour Creations Showcase - "Mint Macaron"

 

I can't believe that we are in December already, can you? What a year it has been! I am sure all of us will look back on this year with very mixed emotions. Have you started putting up your Christmas decorations yet? I have started so that is good, but the Christmas shopping has not yet been completed but that has also started! How is your card writing going? Do you still need to make some and write in them? I still need to write in all of mine. I need to get my skates on!

Well this week we are looking at a beautiful colour Mint Macaron!

I was looking around the internet as you do and I came across a fancy fold card that I hadn't seen before and I thought I would try it tonight as you know I love a fancy fold card. It is called a Tent Fold Card. I saw it on a blog by the name of Alina on La-La-Land Crafts. You can also find the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. I thought well this is kind of interesting why don't I give it a try!

Rhapsody in craft, Mint Macaron, Here's a Card, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Prized Peony Bundle, Peony Garden Designer Series Paper, Stampin' Blends, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Tent Card Fold, Colour Creations Show case, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue


So today I have used the Prized Peony Stamp set and Peony Die bundle with the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. I have also used the Rectangle Stitched Dies.

The first thing I did to make the Tent base of the card before decorating it with the peonies is to cut the mint macaron card stock in half vertically at 10.5 cm and fold in half. Then I adhered a layer of the Peony Garden DSP. 


Then using the Stitched rectangle dies I opened out the card and just cut out the front of the card the rectangle.


No I have added a little hinge for the part that I have cut out at the same width. Adhere it to the back of the panel first.



This was a fun card to make and there are a couple of ways you could make it. I made it with the extra layer in the middle. You could leave it out and just adhere it straight to the back of your card.


Before adhering the insert to the back of your card it is easier to lay it back into the section that you have cut out and then close the back of the card down over the hinge so that you have it in the exact right position!


Now you will also need a piece of card 10.5 x 7 cm folded in a "W" I found it easier to fold it in half then back on itself than to think about measurements. This is where your bone folder comes in very handy. Make sure you line up the bottom of the card with the bottom of the W on both the front and the back before adhering and then you have your Tent Card Base ready to decorate!


So for my decorations I stamped the Peonies in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White card stock and cut them out using the Peony Dies then I used my Stampin' Blends in Dark and Light Mint Macaron and Petal Pink and a little Dark So Saffron. I added the single flowers on the inside flap to give that little bit of depth to the card.

Rhapsody in craft, Mint Macaron, Here's a Card, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Prized Peony Bundle, Peony Garden Designer Series Paper, Stampin' Blends, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Tent Card Fold, Colour Creations Show case, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

I really love the Here's a Card Stamp set and I thought this was the perfect sentiment for my gorgeous friend!

Rhapsody in craft, Mint Macaron, Here's a Card, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Prized Peony Bundle, Peony Garden Designer Series Paper, Stampin' Blends, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Tent Card Fold, Colour Creations Show case, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

As you can see I have stamped it in Basic Gray and then cut it out using the stitched rectangle dies and popped it up on some dimensionals. I have also added some Silver Metallic Edged Ribbon along with some Basic Jewel Rhinestones for that extra Bling!


Because this is such a 3D card I have added a layered some of the Peony Garden DPS and some Whisper White Card on the back of the card so that I can write a note to my friend.

Rhapsody in craft, Mint Macaron, Here's a Card, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, Prized Peony Bundle, Peony Garden Designer Series Paper, Stampin' Blends, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Tent Card Fold, Colour Creations Show case, Stampin' Up!, 2020-21 Annual Catalogue

Well I hope you liked this little look at a fancy, fun fold card. I certainly hadn't seen it, I must have missed it when looking for different fun folds to do and it is very easy and there are so many possibilities of designs. I hope you give one a try.

Please head over to my lovely friend Cathy's blog to see the list of the AWHT that are playing along this week for some more Mint Macaron colour inspiration: Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions about today's card or if you would like to purchase some craft supplies to make this card please do not hesitate to get in contact with me.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
Take Care,



7 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Petal Pink and Mint Macaron look so pretty together, and Peony Garden is a great suite to incorporate these colours with! Go you, making that fancy fold card (the complexity is beyond me!). Lovely.

Tina said...

Oooh, now that's an interesting new fold - I've never seen it before either! Your card is gorgeous.

Kate Morgan said...

Now that is a clever fancy fold card, Sharon. I love that you left the DSP plain and just coloured the flowers and leaves in front, in those lovely soft tones, beautiful.

Carussell Crafts said...

This is a really gorgeous 'fun fold' card, Sharon. Great choice of DSP which looks fabulous with this design. Just lovely.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon that is an amazing fancy fold - I've never seen it before but I love it! Thank you for inspiring us all with your Mint Macaron Creation this week xx

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Such a pretty card with those beautiful peony images. And Go You for trying a new fancy fold - that is a really special card!

Ros said...

Thanks for sharing a new fold I haven't seen before. Your card is very sweet and lovely.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...