Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 11 March 2021

AWHT - Creative Showcase - March 2021 - Sketch Challenge

 

Welcome to the March Creative Showcase, I am so happy to be able to finally be taking part this year in the monthly showcase. I have had life get in the way and I was determined not to let it this month.

This month the team are working on a sketch challenge that has been set by our lovely host Rachel. 

I actually love a good sketch challenge and I have taken this one very literal! 

I do have a confession, one of the first stamp set bundles from the Jan-June Mini that I purchased was the Hydrangea Haven Bundle. This was the first time I have used it! I know shock horror! Well this is the card I came up with.

Rhapsody in craft, Hydrangea Hill, Hydrangea Haven, Hydrangea Dies, Sketch Challenge, #creativeshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Friendship card

 I have taken the colours from the Hydrangea Hill DSP and used them as my guide. I don't know what took me so long to get this bundle out as it is so much fun.

As you can see I have started with a Thick Basic White card base and layered with an embossed Dainty Diamonds piece of Gorgeous Grape card stock and then leaving a little border I have layered 2 of the more muted and less busy sides of the Hydrangea Hill DSP with a piece of Basic Black to make it pop.

Rhapsody in craft, Hydrangea Hill, Hydrangea Haven, Hydrangea Dies, Sketch Challenge, #creativeshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Friendship card

For the stamped image of the hydrangea I have stamped it in Basic Grey and then filled it in with mossy meadow and the blue is misty moonlight but I have stamped off once so it is not quite so dark. Then I put it through the die cut not only cut it out but also to cut the flowers.

Rhapsody in craft, Hydrangea Hill, Hydrangea Haven, Hydrangea Dies, Sketch Challenge, #creativeshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Friendship card

You can see here in this photo that there is an extra die that you can put your flower through and it will add this great pop ups on your hydrangea for extra texture. The little flowers are also die cut out and then I stamped Seaside Spray on after on the Basic White Card. 

Rhapsody in craft, Hydrangea Hill, Hydrangea Haven, Hydrangea Dies, Sketch Challenge, #creativeshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Friendship card

To finish off my card I have stamped the fabulous sentiment in gorgeous grape and layered that under the popped up hydrangea and used the great Mossy Meadow braided linen trim from the Dandy Garden suite in the Jan-June Mini and you always need a little bling and I have opted for the elegant faceted gems but you could also use the pastel pearls that come with the Hydrangea Hill suite.

I am so glad that I was able to be back for the month Creative showcase and I can wait to see who else played along today from the team and how they interpreted the sketch so please head over to our host with me Rachel to see some fabulous creations from the team: Rachel's Blog

If you have any questions about my card today or would like to get your hands on these gorgeous products and have a go yourself please do not hesitate to contact me.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,



6 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Stunning card Sharon, your hydrangea is lovely and your colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining in.

Cathy Proctor said...

I'm so glad you've finally cracked open that set Sharon because your card is just gorgeous!

Kate Morgan said...

Sharon, this is just beautiful. I love blues and purples together and you have used a gorgeous colour scheme. I'm glad you used this bundle for the first time!

Tina said...

Yay, good to see you back! Your card is gorgeous, the colours are amazing, and that hydrangea is beautiful.

Claire said...

Sooo pretty. The colours you have chosen are perfect.

Michele Taylor said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. I love your choice of DSP and I particularly love all the texture that you were able to your design. Stunning!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...