Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 10 March 2021

Week 39 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Purple Posy"

 

 

Week 39 of Colour Creations Showcase and in some ways it feels like just yesterday and on the other hand a life time ago we started this fabulous weekly sharing of colour inspiration. I think I am feeling a little nostalgic today as we got the keys to the house for my son yesterday and we are all systems go at cleaning and getting appliances and moving him in to his new place. EEEK! My baby is leaving home!

So with all this excitement I have made one card for you this week and when I thought of Purple Posy I couldn't help but continue with the alliteration on a card of a Purple Posy Prized Peony! Phew!

Well that was a mouthful! HEHE!

Here is the card that I made for you.

Rhapsody in Craft, Purple Posy, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Tasteful Textiles EF, Subtle 3D EF, Dainty Diamonds EF,  Friendship Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart

I have focused on the gorgeous large  peony stamp of the Prized Peony stamp set and added layers of texture with 3 different embossing folders.

Rhapsody in Craft, Purple Posy, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Tasteful Textiles EF, Subtle 3D EF, Dainty Diamonds EF,  Friendship Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart

Firstly I coloured the gorgeous peony with the Stampin' Blends after stamping the image in Smokey Slate. I used Light and Dark Purple Posy and Old Olive and Light So Saffron as my colours. I love the way Stampin' Up gives us help with our colouring and shading with their stamped images as all you have to do is add the darker Purple posy to the shaded areas of the image and then blend in the light over the top and work your way out. I left a little white as well for the a 3 toned rose.

Rhapsody in Craft, Purple Posy, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Tasteful Textiles EF, Subtle 3D EF, Dainty Diamonds EF,  Friendship Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart

For the layers of the card under the Prized Peony I have a Sahara Sand embossed in Dainty Diamonds, Purple Posy embossed twice with the Subtle 3D folder and the In Good Taste DSP has been embossed Tasteful Textiles 3D folder. I have popped everything on a card base of Thick Basic White.

Rhapsody in Craft, Purple Posy, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Tasteful Textiles EF, Subtle 3D EF, Dainty Diamonds EF,  Friendship Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart

Now I don't know if you can spot one more thing on the In Good Taste DSP? I have used the Purple Posy Stampin' Write Marker and sprinkled or splattered depending on your definition some ink all over the layer before I embossed it.

Rhapsody in Craft, Purple Posy, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Tasteful Textiles EF, Subtle 3D EF, Dainty Diamonds EF,  Friendship Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart

The final couple of elements you might have noticed are the gorgeous scalloped purple posy linen ribbon and the whisper white bakers twine from the Snail Mail twine combo pack page 55 of the Jan-June Mini. I have also cut the peony out using the Peony Dies and popped it up on dimensionals.
Rhapsody in Craft, Purple Posy, Prized Peony, Peony Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Tasteful Textiles EF, Subtle 3D EF, Dainty Diamonds EF,  Friendship Card, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Jan-June Mini 2021, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart

Ok 1 final element is the sentiment and as we don't have an ink pad I used the Stampin' Write marker on the "Love & Thanks to a dear friend" stamp from the Prized Peony stamp set and just inked the "To a dear friend" and then punched it out with the Classic Label Punch.

A quick fun card to make using some of your embossing folders and a little bit of colouring.

Now make sure you head on over to our host Cathy Proctor so you can see her always inspiring creations and get the list of the ladies participating today with Purple Posy. I love to see what they have created we have a talented group of ladies so you don't want to miss their creations. Cathy's Blog


If you would like any more information on my card today or you would like to have a little bit of a play with some product please don't hesitate to contact me.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,





10 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, you've really outdone yourself this week - not one but three embossing folders that look fabulous stacked on an angle. Thanks also for the laughs with the alliteration - you always make me smile. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Purple Posy project with us all tonight x

Tina said...

Your flower looks gorgeous, and I absolutely love the decadence of three embossed layers!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh-so-pretty, Sharon! Purple Posy is a beautiful colour for those glorious peonies, and the texture you've added to your card is sumptuous. Just beautiful!

Diane Furniss said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love the 3 embossed layers, it really pops.

Rachel Palmieri said...

The layering is amazing, a great background for such a pretty flower.

Rosa Leyden said...

Lovely card Sharon and the use of several embossed layers to make the wonderfully coloured peony flower stand out.

Kate Morgan said...

I love all your layers, Sharon and they are the perfect backdrop for your beautifully coloured flower.

Carussell Crafts said...

Ooh, I just love this big bloom Sharon. And all those fabulous embossed layers - I love this card!

Sujatha said...

Sharon, your card is a tribute to the handmade genre! I love the layers, the colours,the style! Thanks for sharing.

Ros said...

I love the trio of embossing folders! Three wow!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...