Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 14 April 2021

Week 44 - Colour Creations Showcase - " Sahara Sand"


Well I don't know about you but I can't believe we are almost all the way through the colours but the exciting thing is we will be getting 5 new InColors very soon and we will be able to keep going for 5 more weeks.  But for this week we have the neutral colour of:

SAHARA SAND

I was going to say it is quite a sandy colour, well of course it it that is the name of it. I think I am a bit tired and anything can come out of my brain at the moment. So let's just get on with my project.
Rhapsody in craft, Sahara sand, Free as a bird, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Lovely Label Pick a Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up

I have played a lot with blending and colouring in my card this week and used these beautiful blending brushes which I just can't get enough of.

Rhapsody in craft, Sahara sand, Free as a bird, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Lovely Label Pick a Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up

I started my card off with a piece of Basic White and chose the 3 colours with Sahara sand having to be one of them and Garden green and Seaside Spray as the third. I started with the Sahara sand in the middle and blended an area large enough for the bird from Free as a bird to sit in then I added the green and the blue blending then into the Sahara Sand.
Rhapsody in craft, Sahara sand, Free as a bird, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Lovely Label Pick a Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up

I stamped the birds and flowers in Sahara sand and then coloured them in using a variety of the Stampin' Blends and then fussy cut them out and  popped them up on dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in Sahara sand and I have used a bit of the residual ink on the blending brush to just take some of the white from the Basic White so that it is not so white against the garden green. I have punched that out with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Now the twine that I have wrapped around the bottom of the card is a sneak peak from the New Annual Catalogue and it comes from the Baker's Twine Essentials Pack. That is going to be a very sort out essentials pack.

Rhapsody in craft, Sahara sand, Free as a bird, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Lovely Label Pick a Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up

On the inside of the card I stamped the large bird and the friendship greeting and coloured the bird like I did with the birds on the front of the card. To make the Basic White not so white I blended just the edges with the Sahara Sand and the blending brushes.

Rhapsody in craft, Sahara sand, Free as a bird, Blending Brushes, Friendship Cards, Lovely Label Pick a Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up

I added just a little layer of Rococo Rose behind the blended layer just to add a little bit of extra lift and tie it into the flowers.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today and that you will try it. The blending brushes are so much fun and the rest is simple stamping and a bit of fussy cutting.

The very talented Cathy Proctor is our host for Colour Creations Showcase and if you head over to her blog you will find her wonderful creations and the list of the ladies playing along this week from the AWHT and see their wonderful creations for Sahara Sand: Cathy's Blog


If you need anymore information about today's project on how to get your hands on these gorgeous products including the blending brushes and the New Annual Catalogue coming soon. You don't want to miss that! Just contact me and I will be happy to help you out.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,
 


7 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, Sharon, this is just so pretty. The gorgeous colours immediately lifted my spirits. Beautifully done.

Tina said...

Your blended background is gorgeous! I love how you've matched it to where the beautiful birds sit on your gorgeous card.

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh so sweet and pretty, Sharon. The colour combination is just lovely. x

Diane Furniss said...

What a lovely card Sharon, I love the background and how pretty your little birds look.

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love how you’ve used this set

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, all that fussy cutting, wow. Your card has a very pretty colour palette and it is such a happy card. Beautiful xxx

Ros said...

WOW! Your blending and fussy cutting, well done. A fabulous card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...