Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 21 April 2021

Week 45 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Seaside Spray"

 



This week for our Colour Creations showcase we are looking at the gorgeous colour Seaside Spray. It is a gorgeous blue. I have paired it with one of the new InColors Soft Succulent and you will be able to get your hands on this new colour starting in May.

I had made a card using these colours and a different stamp set in a collage way but I can't show you that yet so I thought I would give it a go with a few different stamp sets and see what it looked like. I don't do a lot of this kind of stamping but it is a fun technique.
Rhapsody in Craft, Seaside Spray, Lovely You, Free As A Bird, Butterfly Brilliance, Label Me Fancy, Collage STamping, Friendship Card, #colourcreationshowcase, Stampin' Up

So I have used 3 stamp sets for you just for fun. I have used the leaves and flowers of Lovely You. The sentiments and the bird from Free As A Bird and 1 little butterfly from Butterfly Brilliance which is new and an early release from the upcoming annual catalogue.

Rhapsody in Craft, Seaside Spray, Lovely You, Free As A Bird, Butterfly Brilliance, Label Me Fancy, Collage STamping, Friendship Card, #colourcreationshowcase, Stampin' Up

The background of the card front is created on basic white card using a water painter and I have done that with Seaside spray and Soft Succulent ink. When that dried I used the leaves and the flowers out of the Lovely You stamp set and stamped in  Soft succulent, Garden Green ( I stamped off once in this colour) and with my Stampin' Write Markers I coloured directly onto the flowers in Pumpkin Pie and Pale Papaya with a stem of Soft succulent. 

Rhapsody in Craft, Seaside Spray, Lovely You, Free As A Bird, Butterfly Brilliance, Label Me Fancy, Collage STamping, Friendship Card, #colourcreationshowcase, Stampin' Up

You may notice a couple of branches at the bottom of the leaves and flowers. I have used my crumb cake Stampin' Write marker to colour just the branch that the birds are sitting on in Free as a Bird and stamped that on. You can't even tell that some line are the birds feet. I then stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey once off before stamping in the Seaside Spray parts on the card. The bird was a little trickier to stamp on as he/she was facing the wrong direction so I got out my stamparatus and my silicon mat and stamped the bird in Basic Grey onto the silicon mat then placed the card down onto the mat to pick up the ink and the image and now I have my bird facing the way I want. I then gave him a bit of colour with some Pumpkin pie and crumb cake.

Rhapsody in Craft, Seaside Spray, Lovely You, Free As A Bird, Butterfly Brilliance, Label Me Fancy, Collage STamping, Friendship Card, #colourcreationshowcase, Stampin' Up

Now to get the butterfly on to have just one more piece of colour I inked just that top right had butterfly of the set of butterflies in cajun craze and stamped off once before stamping so that it would appear behind the words.

Rhapsody in Craft, Seaside Spray, Lovely You, Free As A Bird, Butterfly Brilliance, Label Me Fancy, Collage STamping, Friendship Card, #colourcreationshowcase, Stampin' Up

To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment onto some more Basic White card and then punched it out with the Label me Fancy Punch and with my blending bush I coloured the label with Seaside Spray and popped it on the card with dimensionals. You can also see some bling they are the new InColor  Jewels you are going to want to get those in the new catalogue that is for sure. I have also used my Stampin Write Marker in Seaside Spray to colour in the  Gold Metallic Edge ribbon to finish off the card before putting all this on a base of Seaside Spray. It was a fun card to make with some fun techniques.

If you have any questions about today's project or would like to get your hands on the new upcoming Annual Catalogue I will be happy to help so please do not hesitate to contact me.


Please head over to Catherine Proctor's Blog the host of our weekly Colour Creations Showcase to see her always amazing inspiration and the list of the AWHT so you can see their creations for this weeks colour of : Seaside Spray

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,


10 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

What a great vintage vibe you've got going on in this card Sharon - I love how you've combined parts of three different sets together so seamlessly! Thank you for inspiring us with your Seaside Spray creation tonight x

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

It sure looks like you had a lot of fun creating this beauty, Sharon! Lovely combination of stamp sets, and colours. Aren't those new In Color jewels divine? I will sorely miss Seaside Spray, but we do have beautiful new colours to look forward to. :)

Rachel Palmieri said...

What a great collage you've created Sharon, and clever to turn the bird the way you wanted.

Andrea said...

Wow, Sharon, what an amazing collage design. I love your use of techniques - ie your water colour background, the way you have used the marker to stamp technique and mirroring the bird so it points in the right direction - brilliant. xxx

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon you have put together such a pretty collage using different techniques such as watercolour and reverse stamping that will inspire me to try this too.

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely Collage design Sharon, I love the combination of stamps and colours they work so well together.

Tina said...

A really lovely card, Sharon. I love the effect of the secondary sentiment stamped several times - such a cool idea.

Kate Morgan said...

What a lovely mix of stamp sets together in a vintage style collage, Sharon. The bird is facing in the right direction now, well done. I too love the new in color jewels so much, I've already used half the pack!

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh My Goodness - such a beautiful card Sharon. I just love the combination of stamp sets and colours.

Ros said...

A great vintage/collage card. A style I struggle with.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...