Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 28 April 2021

Week 46 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Shaded Spruce"

 


This week we are looking at one of our green colours for week 46 of Colour Creations Showcase. The first thing that came to mind was to make a birthday card for a lovely young man that missed out on his 21st birthday last year and who is studying to be a primary school teacher. We need great young men in to go into teaching and I thought a shirt and bow tie would be perfect for his card!

Rhapsody in craft, Shaded Spruce, Handsomely Suited, Suit & Tie Dies, Label Me Lovely Punch, Story Label Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Birthday Card, Male Card, Fancy Fold, Easel Card, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsshowcase,#loveitchopit

I have used the Handsomely Suited Stamp set and the Suite & Tie Dies from the Well Suited Suite and they come in a bundle for 10% off so always good to bundle things together. I made an easel card  to show this shirt off and to pretend that the braces are holding up the card HEHE! Lol! 😂 

Rhapsody in craft, Shaded Spruce, Handsomely Suited, Suit & Tie Dies, Label Me Lovely Punch, Story Label Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Birthday Card, Male Card, Fancy Fold, Easel Card, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsshowcase,#loveitchopit

The lovely striped shirt material can be found in the DSP of the Forever Greenery pack. That gorgeous paper has an array of our greens including the Shaded Spruce so I thought it would be perfect for my shirt for my young friend.

Rhapsody in craft, Shaded Spruce, Handsomely Suited, Suit & Tie Dies, Label Me Lovely Punch, Story Label Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Birthday Card, Male Card, Fancy Fold, Easel Card, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsshowcase,#loveitchopit

So how did I put this cut shirt together. I started with using the dies to cut out the collar and the sleeves in the DSP. Now the sleeves are the pocket dies from the set of dies. Cute I know right! I have to give credit to Frenchie Stamps for the pocket sleeves idea! And I also cut one of the suspender of braces in the DSP for the shirt to go under the buttons. The main bod of the shirt is a rectangle the size of the front of your card. I put a little bit of Basic White under the top of the collar before adhering it to the op of the card and just flipping up the ends.
Rhapsody in craft, Shaded Spruce, Handsomely Suited, Suit & Tie Dies, Label Me Lovely Punch, Story Label Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Birthday Card, Male Card, Fancy Fold, Easel Card, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsshowcase,#loveitchopit

The braces I have cut out with the dies in Shaded Spruce and then put though the Cut & Emboss machine with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder and while I was cutting out the braces I cut out the buttons and I also stamped the bow tie in Shaded Spruce and cut that out with the bow tie die!

Rhapsody in craft, Shaded Spruce, Handsomely Suited, Suit & Tie Dies, Label Me Lovely Punch, Story Label Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Birthday Card, Male Card, Fancy Fold, Easel Card, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsshowcase,#loveitchopit

I have used the Champagne Foil as the adjustment and clasps of the braces so that gives just a little bit of class to this card. The Happy Birthday sentiment is stamped in Shaded Spruce and I have punched it out using the Story Label punch and then layered that on a Shaded Spruce punch of Label Me Lovely. and I popped them up on dimensionals so that the shirt had a place to lean against for the easel card design.
Rhapsody in craft, Shaded Spruce, Handsomely Suited, Suit & Tie Dies, Label Me Lovely Punch, Story Label Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Birthday Card, Male Card, Fancy Fold, Easel Card, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsshowcase,#loveitchopit

This was a fun card to make and I am always in the mood for fancy fold card. Now don't forget to head over to Cathy's Blog for more inspiration of Shaded Spruce as she is the host of our weekly Colour Creations Showcase and you will find her wonderful creations and the list of the AWHT who are playing along this week.

If you have any questions about my card this week and want to get your hands on the stamp set and die bundle that is in the Jan-June Mini before it is no longer a bundle and you can only purchase them separately please contact me. We all love a discount!


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,



8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh my goodness, this is AWESOME, Sharon! I laughed out loud at how darn cute it is (well, cool, for a young man). Beautifully done!

Rosa Leyden said...

This is such a cute and fun card Sharon and it just makes me happy! Love all the elements a great easel card.

Diane Furniss said...

Great card Sharon, it's always great to see male cards they are the hardest to make.

Cathy Proctor said...

I love everything about this card Sharon - what a great idea! Thank you for participating in the Colour Creations Showcase!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, that is adorable and the perfect card for the young man! Love it!

Ros said...

Great easel card for a young man.

Carussell Crafts said...

Love it, love it, love it! Oh Sharon, this is such a great, fun card. I’m sure the recipient will absolutely love it too.

Tina said...

oh, so cool - very hipster, so perfect for a young man! Fab card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...