Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 10 May 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - 2023-2024 - Week 2 - Copper Clay - Wedding Card

Welcome to week 2 of the 2023-2024 Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at the new 2023-25 InColor Copper Clay.

 I need a wedding card this week as we have a wedding to go to on Friday and I thought that Copper Clay paired with Gold Foil and Mossy Meadow would be the perfect match in colouring! The Bride and Groom especially the groom was not into a lot of flowery so I thought the Artistic Dies in Gold foil would be just the ticket for this card! Especially for an autumn wedding!

Rhapsody in craft, Copper Clay, Wedding Cards, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Radiating Stitches Dies, Something Fancy, Artistic Dies, Gilded Leafing, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!

Now the colours and themes of the Wedding was Mossy Meadow and the leaves so I thought I hit the mark with those 2 elements for the card and the Copper Clay when you water wash it on the Basic White comes out a little pink tones!


So  I have used Copper Clay with the wide Water Painter and very watery and then added some mossy meadow as over it.

Then I thought  I would have some fun and get out the Gold gilded leafing.

I know this looks a little odd but under all this Gilded Leafing I have a little bit of liquid glue.
It turns out like this when it is dry and you rub off all the extra gold. Not a bad background!
I have layered the made background on some gold foil and then put it on the Copper Clay card base before layering over with gold the gold leaves. I cut one with the die face down so the leaves faced in from the right and then cut one face up on the underneath side of the gold foil so the leaves would face in from the left.

Rhapsody in craft, Copper Clay, Wedding Cards, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Radiating Stitches Dies, Something Fancy, Artistic Dies, Gilded Leafing, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!

I have stamped the sentiment in versamark and heat embossed in gold from the Something Fancy stamp set and cut it out with the Radiating Stitches Dies which is an online exclusive die set! I popped that on with some dimensionals before cutting out the hearts using the same dies and adding the bows from the Simply Elegant Trim set of gold and silver.
I couldn't let such a special card have an inside not dressed so I added some gold under the area to write my message to the happy couple and another gorgeous radiating stitched heart!

Bring on the wedding on Friday. 

If you have any questions about todays card or would like the new annual catalogue please get in contact with me.


Now is the time to head to the next extremely creative person, I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. I love seeing her creations every week. Cathy has the most divine projects each week plus she is our host every week! Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.


So if you have any issues with a broken link at anytime on your Copper Clay journey just come back here and click over to Cathy's clog and you will find a list of participants so you will be able to continue the hop from there!

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,





8 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Not a bad background at all Sharon, it's gorgeous! Perfect rich autumn colours for your Autumn wedding, I'm such the lucky couple will love it.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Isn't it special to be able to make cards to complement a theme, for a special occasion? The background you created, with the gold leaf veining, is superb, Sharon! This is a beautiful card. Enjoy the wedding!

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow, Sharon, your water coloured background with its rich gold leaf veining looks just incredible. What a very special and stunning card for a special occasion.

Tina said...

Your background is amazing, and makes me think of marble. You are very clever to get the leaves to go in different directions. A fabulous Autumn wedding card.

Andrea said...

A wonderful wedding card Sharon and perfect for an Autumn wedding. I adore your gold veining over the water-coloured background. Isn’t Copper Clay fun to water-colour. I am sure the couple with love their special card. xxx

theresa said...

Sharon I really love the background you have created. It's so effective. You have created a perfect card for an Autumnal wedding that I am sure the recipients will love.

Rachel Palmieri said...

That's an amazing background Sharon, and the card really does sound like it will suit the happy couple perfectly.

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

Stunning background and card Sharon! I just love the Gilded Leafing and the colours work well together.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...