Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 3 May 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2023-2024 - Boho Blue - Celebrate With Tags Birthday!


 Welcome to the Art With Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2023-2024. Today we start with the New InColors for 2023-25 and the first colour is Boho Blue!

I have been away from my paper crafting table for  a little while and have been doing a bit of sewing of late but I am back as my latest sewing project will be completed by next week and I wanted to start the year of colour creations blog hop off. I have been sewing 50 Japanese Knot Bags with the help of some friends to place some pamper pack toiletry goodies in them for women who live in homeless and battered women shelters to give them in the coming weeks.

Japanese Knot Bag
This is what they look like and they have been fun to make with one short handle and then the long handle looping through the short to create the knot and closure to the bag.

But back to our project for this week. This week I need a male birthday card so Boho Blue is perfect! Not saying you can't use this for a female but male cards are not normally pink and flowery!

So I pulled out the Celebrate with tags stamp set and then realised that the dies that coordinate had retired BUT don't fear starting now with the New Annual Catalogue there is a great Birthday bundle called Beautiful Balloons with stamps and dies to match so they would be a perfect complement to this set if you already have this one and the Bright and Beautiful suite and all the papers are just fantastic for all your Birthday card and celebration needs. I can't wait top order them now the catalogue is live.

#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Celebrate with tags, Birthday Card, Male Birthday Card, Boho Blue, InColor, InColor 2023-25, Fancy Fold, Dots & Spots Die, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up!, In Color DSP, #artwithheart

I couldn't help myself I went for a fancy fold as well. I used along with our start colour of Boho Blue, Night of Navy as the card base and then to add a little contrast on the balloons I stamped them in Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive! I think they go very nice with the Boho Blue! 
#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Celebrate with tags, Birthday Card, Male Birthday Card, Boho Blue, InColor, InColor 2023-25, Fancy Fold, Dots & Spots Die, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up!, In Color DSP, #artwithheart


To make this card I have cut the A4 Night of Navy in half vertically at 10.5 cm then scored from both ends 5 cm and 9.5 cm and that gives you the fold in the middle of the card. The back that you will adhere this fold onto is again 10.5 cm wide and 14 cm long. Before adhering the folded card to the base I used the InColor DSP and I thought this particular design could double as the candles! I cut those at 10 x 3.8 cm and adhered to the back card before adhering the folded card.
#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Celebrate with tags, Birthday Card, Male Birthday Card, Boho Blue, InColor, InColor 2023-25, Fancy Fold, Dots & Spots Die, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up!, In Color DSP, #artwithheart

The way the card is folded means it stands very well and is a great peak-a-boo card to what is on the inside which I have stamped the Let's Celebrate you stamp and a balloon on Basic White and layered it on the InColor Boho Blue DSP.
#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Celebrate with tags, Birthday Card, Male Birthday Card, Boho Blue, InColor, InColor 2023-25, Fancy Fold, Dots & Spots Die, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up!, In Color DSP, #artwithheart
I didn't want the other sections to feel unloved so I added some more DSP so they all looked like they were going to the Birthday party as well! 
#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Celebrate with tags, Birthday Card, Male Birthday Card, Boho Blue, InColor, InColor 2023-25, Fancy Fold, Dots & Spots Die, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up!, In Color DSP, #artwithheart
Well we had to have a party on the front of the card so there is a layer of Boho Blue card then Basic White and for this I use the Dots & Spots Die to cut the top half. It needed some confetti! Plus it matched the balloons! Then the Balloons in all the colours! Not sure you can tell from this angle but some are on dimensionals and some are flat.
#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Celebrate with tags, Birthday Card, Male Birthday Card, Boho Blue, InColor, InColor 2023-25, Fancy Fold, Dots & Spots Die, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up!, In Color DSP, #artwithheart

I have stamped the Happy Birthday in Boho Blue and cut is out with the Deckled Rectangle dies then to back this I used the next size up on the deckled rectangles but I wanted it to be a little smaller of a border so I used the same die and just cut off one end to bring it in a little and it was perfect. I then popped it up on dimensionals over the balloons.
#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Celebrate with tags, Birthday Card, Male Birthday Card, Boho Blue, InColor, InColor 2023-25, Fancy Fold, Dots & Spots Die, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up!, In Color DSP, #artwithheart

When folded up the card fits nicely into our C6 envelopes.
Now I saw this fun fold over on Lee Greff's page so I hade to give it a go and it is so easy and fun. I do hope you give it a go but if you have any questions please let me know by clicking on my contact Sharon button.


Now is the time to head to the next amazing team member and you will be heading the Vicki Boucher and I just love her amazing deigns and use of colours so I can't wait to see what she has for us today so pleas just hit the next blog button to go straight there.

If at any time you find a link that isn't working please come back here and clink on this link to go to our lovely host Cathy Proctor. She will have a list of all those participating and you will be able to continue your journey from there in Boho Blue!

Don't forget the New Annual Catalogue is out now and you can get all the wonderful products from it starting now!
Stampin' Up! 2023-24 Annual Catalogue

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,





11 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Fantastic card Sharon, I love your tip on making the Deckled Rectangle smaller. Very unique colour scheme too, looks great.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

What a fun card! I love the detail you added with the Dots & Spots Die, Sharon - very cool. Boho Blue is a great complement to so many colours, isn't it? A great addition to Stampin' Up!'s range.
PS: The bags you've made are really beautiful, and I know will be so appreciated. x

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon l love your detail using DSP with candle-like images to complement the party of balloons that look like they’re escaping from a box!

Cathy Proctor said...

Welcome back Sharon! you've really arrived with a bang with your wonderful fancy fold card. I love your card, your colour combo and your tip on making the Deckled Rectangle smaller. The Japanese Knot Bags are so thoughtful and beautiful too.

Tina said...

Your card is fabulous! The balloons look wonderful, and I agree that the DSP looks like candles. Your bags are such a thoughtful, generous thing to do x

Kathryn Ruddick said...

You've put so much work into this card Sharon!! AND . . . I love that the butterflies on your blog all colour coordinate with it too! xx

Rachel Palmieri said...

Such an interesting bunch of balloons and nearly enough to float away with! So much work with the fancy fold card and all that stamping and die cutting, but worth it.

theresa said...

Ah our fancy fold queen is back again! and with a bang like the bunch of balloons. What a fab colour combo and by memory Blackberry Bliss is one of your fave colours? Such a generous effort to make 50 bags for the pamper packs too.

Chris said...

Another fancy fold for me to try out! :) I love your colour combination, such a fun card.

Kate Morgan said...

Wow, the dots & spots die looks fabulous at the top half of the layer, Sharon. I love how you have used your favourite, Blackberry Bliss in this combination and a great fancy fold. We've missed you, but now realise why... those bags look amazing and for a great cause. Go you!

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

Amazing fun fold balloon card! I love how you've used the Dots & Spots tool for the background.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...