Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 24 May 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 4 - 2023-2024 - Pebbled Path - Flower card and Gift Box

 

rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,



Welcome to week 4 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog Hop, this week we are looking the 4th new In Color and it is Pebbled Path. It is a fantastic Neutral and I have used it as a base for all the other lovely colours to go from.
Pebbled Path, Rhapsody in Craft, Stampin' Up! InColors
So for you today I have made a card full of flowers and a lovely box for it to go in as you just can't give this Birthday card in anything but a gift box.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,
I have fallen in love with making flowers and then Stampin' Up! came out with the Paper Florist Dies and I just had to get them.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,

So for my card and box I have used many of the dies from the Paper Florist Dies as you can see but it is so much fun. Then I had the Seasonal Branches Bundle so I added a couple of branches from the dies. Then of course as I was in the die mode so I used the Wanted to say dies to put the Happy Birthday on my card. Ok just because, well not just because I started with it actually the Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,
So you might be asking what are all these gorgeous colours that I have made this card in. Well the card base and the Exposed brick layer is in our Colour of the week Pebbled Path. Plus you might be able to see some beautiful Pebble Path ribbon hiding behind the large Bubble Bath flower. The flower at the top is the new Lemon Lolly and isn't that a gorgeous yellow! The bottom flower as well as the Happy Birthday is in Moody Mauve with a Wild Wheat centre. I have added some Berry Burst flowers at the end of Mossy Meadow stems and Old Olive leaves just lifts everything. Oh Don't forget the branches they are in crumb cake.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,
I realised that my whole project had not one bit of stamping so I took out the Seasonal Branches stamp set and used the 2 stamps to make my inside greeting! I have stamped the greeting with Pebbled Path ink.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,
Well a card like we have made needed a gift box and I have a made a belly band to go around it.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,

I have used the same flowers again for the belly band and attached them to a small strip of Pebbled Path card.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,
Once the box was made and I had added a layer of card that had been embossed with the Exposed brick I added the Pebbled Path ribbon and tied it with bow at the top of the box. I then added some Tear 'N' Tape on the  ribbon to add the little flower band to the ribbon.
rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,
Now this box is fantastic so how did I manage to work out how big I needed it! Well I made the card and put the flowers on to the card all decorated up. Then I measured how tall the flower was. It was just under 4 cm tall so I made a 4 cm tall box. So I got a piece of copy paper and scored 1 side at 4 cm and 1 end at 4cm. Then I placed the card flat on to the copy paper against the score edge. I then marked where the card finished and then scored both those 2 remaining ends. Those 2 remaining ends I cut from the score line 4 cm away. Now I had the size of the card stock base I needed to cut and then you can score at 4 cm all round. Snip up to the score lines on 2 corners on both ends and adhere together. Now for the top to fit perfectly you just have to add 2 mm or 1/16th to the long side and the short side of your measurements for the base and then score at 4 cm all round and you will have the top of your box fit perfectly.

rhapsody in craftPebbled Path,gift box,Birthday Card,Incolors,Moody Mauve,Bubble Bath,Berry Burst,Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Seasonal Branches,Wanted to say dies,Paper Florist Dies, Exposed Brick 3Dembossing Folder, old olive, mossy meadow, Stampin' Up!, #artwithheart, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,

I hope you have enjoyed this fun Pebbled Path creation and if you have any questions please let me know

Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Pebbled path and this week we are going to the amazing Di Furniss, I can't wait to see her gorgeous projects. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If at anytime there is a break and something has gone wrong with the next blog button just head back here and you can go to our lovely hosts blog Cathy Proctor and there she will have the list of all those participating in this weeks Pebbled Path challenge: Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,









10 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Gosh, what a lush creation, Sharon! All the pinks and purples look so beautiful with Pebbled Path ... well, ALL the colours you've used do. So much time and love has gone into this project; it is a very special gift for someone.

Tina said...

Wow, you certainly did have a wonderful time with the floristry dies! Your card is fantastic - the colours of the blooms really pop against the grey.

Cathy Proctor said...

This is totally amazing, Sharon!!! I love all the elements and your colour choices. I hope this incredible work of art is going to someone very special who will appreciate your creativity!

Andrea said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful - beautiful flowers, beautiful card & beautiful box, Sharon. I love your gorgeous flowers - lovely colours. They sit so delightfully against the pebbled path embossed background. Your box for the card is amazing too. xxx

Rachel Woollard said...

Stunning card Sharon, great combination of colours you've used for your flowers. Very clever idea to make a co ordinating box to hold your beautiful card.

Handstampedbyrachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Morgan said...

Wow, what a special gift you have made. Your card is a work of art in its self. I adore how you created that belly band with the ribbon and those luscious flowers for the box. An absolutely stunning project, Sharon!

Rosa Leyden said...

Absolutely beautiful handiwork there Sharon, Loving the colours and floral arrangements and this set will be a must have when ordering next.

Rachel Palmieri said...

So much work in your card and box this week Sharon, but well worth it, I'd say. You've used Pebbled Path to really show off those other colours to perfection.

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow, just wow! Gorgeous card, gorgeous presentation box, and a gorgeous arrangement of blooms. Your projects are so beautiful my friend.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...