Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 17 May 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 3 - 2023-2024 - Moody Mauve

 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24





Welcome to Week 3 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at the gorgeous InColor Moody Mauve! 

Moody Mauve, InColor 2023-2025, Stampin' Up!
Now I quite like the colour but I am not so sure it is a favourite of others. So I thought I would go all out and just throw lots of it on my card to help you fall in love of it. Plus make a fancy fold just because!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24


So for my card I have used the Something Fancy stamp set and also the Something Fancy Dies to cut out the sentiments! I have also used the Peta Park builder punch for my flowers.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24


In the first photo you may notice that the flowers didn't have the iridescent pearls. I think it just needed a little bit of bling! Now you may be saying this doesn't look like a fancy fold card Sharon! Well no that is because it is an Internal Shadow Box Card!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24

So on the inside of the card base I have created  a pop up shadow box and behind the basic white card I have added some InColor Moody Mauve Heart DSP.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24
Then I had to decorate the base that was created so I took the Moody Mauve piece of DSP from Fresh As A Daisy and added that to the inside and the front cover then I got happy punching flower with the Petal Park Builder Punch. The Sentiment in the middle is stamped in Moody Mauve and cut out with the Something Fancy dies and just adhered on the right hand side so that it can move freely
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24

All these gorgeous flowers in the middle of the card are glued together with the multipurpose glue and on the front I have layered them with dimensionals. I also used my bone fold to bend the flower a little. The colours I have used is Moody Mauve, Bubble Bath, Basic White and Mossy Meadow Leaves.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24

I didn't forget the back of the card. It is a panel to write your message on and I also decorated it with some of the flowers.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Moody Mauve,InColors 2023-25,Thank You Card, Fancy Fold Card, Something Fancy, Something Fancy Dies, Petal Park Builder Punch, InColor DSP, Fresh As A Daisy DSP, Bubble Bath, Internal Shadow Box Card, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, Annual Catalogue 2023-24

I almost forgot I used some of the gorgeous InColor Moody Mauve Ribbon under the Thank You on the Front of the card!

If you have any questions about my card today do not hesitate to contact me and if you would like to get your hands on the new Annual Catalogue just ask me how.



Now is the time to head to the next creative person on our Moody Mauve journey and this week we are heading to Theresa Gerrard. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us this week, I love seeing what she has for us so just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.


If for any reason the next blog buttons have a problem on your journey just come back here and got to our host Cathy Proctor's Blog and you will find the list of all those participating this week in Moody Mauve and you will be able to continue your journey there. Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,


10 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, your an Internal Shadow Box Card is amazing. You've have certainly embraced Moody Mauve and I'm sure your beautiful fancy fold card will help others fall in love with it too.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, I laughed at your comment that you decided to just throw a whole lot of Moody Mauve at your card, Sharon! What a lush floral card, showcasing this beautiful colour so well!

theresa said...

Another fabulous card from the fancy fold queen! Love how you have "thrown"everything at it yet allowed the beautiful paper to shine through. I unlike others are a fan of the Moody Mauve.

Tina said...

Wow, what a fantastic card! All the blooms look amazing - I especially like the addition of the pearls on the flowers on the front. Your internal fancy fold is fabulous!

Kate Morgan said...

You certainly threw lots of Moody Mauve at this one, Sharon. How beautiful are these patterned papers?! What a neat fancy fold, I love it! I found by using this colour, I started to like it more and more, maybe that will happen for you. Have you tried it with your favourite colour?

Andrea said...

A beautiful Moody Mauve card Sharon. I love your circle of flowers around the sentiment on the card front and then … your internal shadow box that was beautifully decorated with more flowers. All so gorgeous. xxx

Rachel Palmieri said...

You amaze me with all these fancy folds Sharon, and here is another fantastic example.

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon so many facets in your card that are fabulous. I love the wreath on the front and the internal fancy fold structure that frames the DSP and inside sentiment.

Carussell Crafts said...

My beautiful friend, this is such a pretty card. You can never have too many flowers. The pearl centres were the perfect finishing touch to this lovely fun fold card.

Christina Barnes said...

Such a great fancy fold card and a heap of gorgeous texture and interest. A lovely showcase for Moody Mauve.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...