Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 2 August 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - 2023-2024 - Week 14 - Blueberry Bushel

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Blueberry Bushel, Fancy fold, Floating Panel Card, Father's day card, Gone Fishing, Gone Fishing Dies, Gone Fishing Bundle, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Pebbled Path Luster Specialty DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit




Welcome to the Art with heart team Colour Creations Blog Hop, this week we are looking at Blueberry Bushel.


So today I thought I had Blueberry Bushel card and went to find it but then couldn't so well that was a bit concerning so I then thought I know I have a pack of 12x12 of the new core colours that have returned and have been introduce with the colour refresh it will be in there so I had some card to make my card for you today! Yes I added a little bit of a fancy fold bent to my card this week too! I also thought I would get a start on Father's day cards so my Dad would get his card in time as I make the cards but never send it on time so I thought I would get in early!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Blueberry Bushel, Fancy fold, Floating Panel Card, Father's day card, Gone Fishing, Gone Fishing Dies, Gone Fishing Bundle, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Pebbled Path Luster Specialty DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

So today I have made a floating panel card for you! I saw the idea on an English crafter's page Sam Calcott and thought this was perfect. Well I thought it was the only thing I could make if I was making this card for my Dad! You see my Dad loves to fish, he even ties his own flies to go fly fishing but he also gets motion sick so a floating panel card is perfect for a fishing card! Here is how I put it together.

I started with this net looking piece of DSP from the Let's Go Fishing DSP and with the blending brush added some Blueberry Bushel around the outer edge. Then I layered it with the Pebbled Path Luster Specialty Paper on to the card base of Blueberry Bushel.
Now comes the floating panel part. See those 3 Blueberry Bushel sections they are springs that I have adhered to the centre of the card.

I have cut a piece of card 1 inch by 4.5 inches and scored at 1, 1.5,2,3,3.5,4 inches and then folded to look a little like this.
And when you glue them together and adhere them to the card front they look like this. Now don't burnish them with your bone folder you want then to be as springy as possible.

Then I had to put the focal point of the card on top of that.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Blueberry Bushel, Fancy fold, Floating Panel Card, Father's day card, Gone Fishing, Gone Fishing Dies, Gone Fishing Bundle, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Pebbled Path Luster Specialty DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

Here are all the elements of the card. The front and don't forget the inside too.
This section goes on the 3 springs on front of the card. Again I have layered the Blueberry Bushell and the Pebbled Path Luster Specialty Paper but on the Basic White I have used a couple of the Gone Fishing Dies and cut out the ripples in the water and then with the little bit of ink left on my blending brush from colouring the Net DSP I blended over the ripples.
Here is the card before I coloured it with the blending brush.

These are the dies I am talking about when you look for them in the catalogue and in your dies if you already have this cute set!
 
The fish that you see trying to escape from my Dad's clutches were fussy cut from the Let's Go Fishing DSP. Once I had that all sorted and let the fish get away I put some glue on the 3 springs and lined up that panel and adhered it to the springs.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Blueberry Bushel, Fancy fold, Floating Panel Card, Father's day card, Gone Fishing, Gone Fishing Dies, Gone Fishing Bundle, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Pebbled Path Luster Specialty DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
The sentiment I have stamped in Blueberry Bushel and cut out with the Deckled rectangle dies but made them to fit the size I wanted. I also made another spring to place the sentiment on. Now this little assortment of fish, fly, sinker and float I cut out using the dies. The fish are from the Let's Go Fishing DSP and they cut out perfectly with the dies. I cut the sinker out with the Pebbled Path Luster Paper and then added a little Wild Wheat blender pend to add a patina to the sinker. I stamped the float and fly in Smoky slate and coloured them with the Stampin' Blends. Wild Wheat for the fly and Calypso Coral for the float. My Dad likes coral colours so I think that will be a winner.
I joined them all together on some crumb cake bakers twine with a couple of knots and some mini glue dots which also helped adhere it to the underside of the sentiment. This was then adhered to the front of the card.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Blueberry Bushel, Fancy fold, Floating Panel Card, Father's day card, Gone Fishing, Gone Fishing Dies, Gone Fishing Bundle, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Pebbled Path Luster Specialty DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
To get the full effect of the springs this is what it looks like side on.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Blueberry Bushel, Fancy fold, Floating Panel Card, Father's day card, Gone Fishing, Gone Fishing Dies, Gone Fishing Bundle, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Pebbled Path Luster Specialty DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
Here is a little video of me squashing the front panels down so you can see that they do fold down so that you can put the card into an envelope to send.
I do hope you have enjoyed this floating panel card and you didn't get too motion sick!


If you have any questions about todays card please do not hesitate to contact me.
Now is the time to head to the next creative team member who is participating in the Blueberry Bushel challenge and this week we will be heading to the very talented Rachel Woollard. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.


If at any time the next blog button doesn't work just come back here and head to our weekly host Cathy Proctor and there you will find the complete list of those who are participating with this week's Blueberry Bushel challenge: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, and please make sure you come back Monday August 7 where the Art with Heart team will be starting our Heart of Christmas blog hop, hope to see you then, take care,


9 comments:

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

Wow! That is so cool! I love the fish leaping and the ripple effect, but I really liked the floating flies. My hubby is a fly fisherman too, so I know this card will be especially loved by your Dad.

Cathy Proctor said...

Just when I think I've seen every fancy fold, you continue to surprise me, Sharon! A floating panel card - well, I never! Your dad will love this and I love that you're including mini videos to show how your amazing Fancy Folds work.

Theresa Gerrard said...

Such a great card for your dad Sharon. I'm glad you used those dies as I had been wondering what they were for myself. The fish diving into the water on the inside is very effective.

Andrea said...

A brilliant card for your Dad. I love it Sharon - and he will too. Your floating panels are delightful. Thank you for your video - it is wonderful seeing the movement in your card. The ripples from the fish diving into the water are so clever. Love it all. xxx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

It looks like you had a HEAP of fun making this awesome creation for your Dad, Sharon! I love your use of Pebbled Path lustre paper (and adding Wild Wheat ink to age the sinker - very cool); a nice complement to Blueberry Bushel.

Tina said...

What a fun card! I'm sure that your dad will love it. The springy sections are fabulous.

Rosa Leyden said...

Another wonderful fancy fold Sharon using ‘springs’ to adhere, not one but two floating panels. Love the bunch of flies. Great card for your dad.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing, Sharon. I adore the embellishments on the twine hanging from the front of the card, perfection. Those springs sure are springy, watching your video, and it really shows how amazing it looks IRL. Your dad is going to love this one for sure!

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh wow Sharon, this is such an amazing fun-fold card! And it's a fabulous card that showcases the Gone Fishing bundle. Your dad is sure to just love this very special Fathers Day card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...