Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 18 September 2023

Heart Of Christmas - Week 7

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Fancy Fold, #heartofchristmas, Christmas, Christmas cards, Heart of Christmas, Night Divine, Night Divine Dies, Night Divine Bundle, O Holy Night DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stars at night, Stars at Night Dies, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!,#stampinup, #loveitchopit

Welcome to the Heart of Christmas Week 7 for 2023. Each Monday until the end of November the Art with Heart team will be bringing you some gorgeous Christmas inspiration for you so that you will be ready for Christmas.

This week I have been quite busy out and about with my son at the Sandown 500 car racing and of course making my daughter's birthday cake so I have not had a lot of time to make a card. My card today I found the inspiration for from Carol Buckalew a Demonstrator from the US and thought I would CASE that and put my own spin on it for my card today!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Fancy Fold, #heartofchristmas, Christmas, Christmas cards, Heart of Christmas, Night Divine, Night Divine Dies, Night Divine Bundle, O Holy Night DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stars at night, Stars at Night Dies, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!,#stampinup, #loveitchopit

I have chosen to use the O Holy Night Suite again this week. I just love this suite and I couldn't resist it again. I love that Carol had used it as a luminary so I had to give it a go as well.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Fancy Fold, #heartofchristmas, Christmas, Christmas cards, Heart of Christmas, Night Divine, Night Divine Dies, Night Divine Bundle, O Holy Night DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stars at night, Stars at Night Dies, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
I have tried to take a photo of it as it was getting dark so you could see the battery votive candle shine through! Now for the details!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Fancy Fold, #heartofchristmas, Christmas, Christmas cards, Heart of Christmas, Night Divine, Night Divine Dies, Night Divine Bundle, O Holy Night DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stars at night, Stars at Night Dies, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
I have used Night at Navy for the card base and cut 2 pieces on for the flat back panel and one for the box on the front. The box is 3 sides plus 2 edges to adhere it to the panel at the back.  I cut the gorgeous O Holy Night DSP in such a way that it wrapped around the edges of the box. Plus on the front and inside of the box I added some starry DSP. 
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Fancy Fold, #heartofchristmas, Christmas, Christmas cards, Heart of Christmas, Night Divine, Night Divine Dies, Night Divine Bundle, O Holy Night DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stars at night, Stars at Night Dies, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
Before adhering the box to the panel I cut adhered the DSP and cut out the front centre panel with the Deckled Rectangle Die and adhere a layer of Vellum to the inside then adhered the box to the panel and I couldn't leave the inside without a layer of DSP so I added the extra piece to finish it off.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Fancy Fold, #heartofchristmas, Christmas, Christmas cards, Heart of Christmas, Night Divine, Night Divine Dies, Night Divine Bundle, O Holy Night DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stars at night, Stars at Night Dies, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
Now of course comes the decorations. I cut the stars in Gold Foil from the Stars at night Dies there are 2 layered on top of each other. The Nativity is also in Gold foil and cut to separate the shepherd and Wise Man. I couldn't help myself I had to cut lots of animals and the Camel was just walking into the scene. The stable was cut down and the legs cut off and turned upside down to fill in the gaps to make it look a little bit more stable so to speak!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Fancy Fold, #heartofchristmas, Christmas, Christmas cards, Heart of Christmas, Night Divine, Night Divine Dies, Night Divine Bundle, O Holy Night DSP, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stars at night, Stars at Night Dies, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, Stampin' Up!,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
I have stamped on the back panel the stars from the Stars at Night stamp set in Misty Moonlight stamped off and then the sentiment from the Night Divine stamp set in Night of Navy.

I so hope you have enjoyed this luminary it will be a great card to give and a lovely decoration for Christmas time.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next very talented Art With Heart Team Member and this week you will be heading to Theresa Gerrard. I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Just hit the next blog button and you will head straight there.
If for any reason one of the next blog buttons do not work you can continue your Heart of Christmas journey below from the list of talented Art with Heart team members participating this week.


Thank you for spending some Christmas Crafty Time with me today, take care, 


12 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I love that you made the stable more stable, Sharon! Let's hope none of your blog readers have English as a second language.
This is a wonderfully creative card/centerpiece/decoration. Beautiful use of that lovely suite again.

Rachel Woollard said...

Another beautiful card with this bundle Sharon. Your interpretation of this card is delightful and the addition of the volt I’ve candle looks amazing as a center piece

Andrea said...

Another wow fancy fold Sharon. I love, love, love it. Creating the card as a votive turns it into a decorative piece as well as a wonderful Christmas card sharing the meaning of Christmas. I’d love to CASE your card, if that’s OK? Would you mind sharing the dimensions too? Did I say - I love your card. xxx

theresa said...

Another beautiful card, actually it's more than a card, Sharon. You have created a beautiful scene and the votive candle is a great idea and feature.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh, what a gorgeous scene you have created, Sharon. Especially with the bonus that it can be light up with a votive candle. Absolutely stunning!

Sharon said...

Thank you Andrea I will send you the measurements ❤️

Sharon said...

Hehe, I thought you might like the Stable Stable after I wrote that 😁

Judy May said...

Fabulous card, Sharon. It looks super with the continuous DSP going around and I love it lit up. I hope to make something like this for my Mum this year.

Carussell Crafts said...

An absolutely beautiful card, Sharon. The fact it is a luminary makes it just a bit more special. I can see why you love this suite of products so much because your creations are just stunning. This is definitely your signature suite!

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon, a card that is also a decoration. Stunning!!! I particularly like the way you have used the DSP as a continuous piece around the outside. Anyone would be proud to display your lovely card for years to come.

Anonymous said...

Do you possibly have dimensions you could share on the cardstock and DSP? This is a beautiful card, I’d love to make one! 💜

smr92102@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card. I would love to CASE this. Can you provide the dimensions please? Greatly appreciated
Sue

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...