Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 4 September 2023

Heart of Christmas - 2023 - Week 5

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#hertofchristmas2023,Christmas card, Fancy fold, Triple Bridge Fold Card, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, A Walk in the forest Joy of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Up, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

Welcome to week 5 of The Heart of Christmas for 2023. This week I have for you a fancy fold as I know you hold out for one each week. I thought I would continue to use up some of the gorgeous DSP that I had started with over the past couple of weeks that was still sitting on my desk. Believe it or not I just used the same pieces I had already started with and continued with those. This one is supper fun and easy to make.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#hertofchristmas2023,Christmas card, Fancy fold, Triple Bridge Fold Card, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, A Walk in the forest Joy of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Up, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
I am not sure if you would call this an inverted Triple Bridge fold card or a Triple column card. Either way it folds down flat and fits perfectly into our C6 envelopes. I am a bit obsessed with the collapsing panels at the moment as you can see.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#hertofchristmas2023,Christmas card, Fancy fold, Triple Bridge Fold Card, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, A Walk in the forest Joy of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Up, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

Well for this card I started with the colours to the A Walk in the Forest DSP and had the card base in Pretty Peacock. I cut it as half a card base as this card doesn't actually open it just stands. 10.5 cm x 14.9 cm. Then I had the 3 Bridge Folds or columns or what ever you would like to call them. I cut them Ok I am going to go between inches and cm's in this card but as the Stampin' Up trimmer does as well it makes life so much easier I say! So the bridges are 5 inches by 1 3/4 and I  scored at 1/2, 1, 4, 4 1/2 inches. The beautiful Joy of Christmas DSP leafy pattern I had some left over from my last project so I cut that into strips of 4.1 x 1 cm and the Beautiful Music DSP from the Joy of Christmas DSP is also cut at 4.1 cm x 7.3 cm. 
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#hertofchristmas2023,Christmas card, Fancy fold, Triple Bridge Fold Card, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, A Walk in the forest Joy of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Up, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
I Adhered all of that to the bridges before burnishing with the bone folder.To adhere the bridges down you add the Liquid glue to the one side of the bridge and do the top and bottom first so they are both touching the top and bottom of the base card. Especially the bottom so the card stands up the place the middle bridge. Then fold the bridge all the way to the left and flatten out the right part of the bridge to adhere the right side. This will ensure that your card will fold flat into the envelope without having a bend. 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#hertofchristmas2023,Christmas card, Fancy fold, Triple Bridge Fold Card, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, A Walk in the forest Joy of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Up, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
The decorations for the front of the card are just perfect I think. I still had that piece of A walk in the Forest DSP that I cut our the tree from for my Trucking Along card so I got out the Dies from the Merriest Tree and cut out the tree and then in gold cut out the garland and the star. The tree skirt/basket I cut in Crumb Cake. I stamped the ornaments in Cherry Cobbler and die cut those before stamping and cutting out the presents. Now I can't put too many under the tree as in my house they are not wrapped until the last minute when the kids have finally gone to bed on Christmas Eve. How about your house?! The sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock and I have used the Gorgeously Made Dies to cut it out.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#hertofchristmas2023,Christmas card, Fancy fold, Triple Bridge Fold Card, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, A Walk in the forest Joy of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Up, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
On the back I have cut another tree and basket/skirt  and added another layer of Pretty Peacock for stability. Now there is somewhere to write your greeting.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas,#hertofchristmas2023,Christmas card, Fancy fold, Triple Bridge Fold Card, Merriest Trees, Merriest Trees Dies, Gorgeously Made Dies, A Walk in the forest Joy of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Up, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
And just to prove to you it does actually fit in the envelope there you go.
If you have any questions about this card please let me know and I will be happy to help. I know going back and forth from cm to inches is a bit crazy but I am definitely crazy!

Now is the time to head to the next amazing and talented team member participating this week in the Heart of Christmas for some more Christmas inspiration and this week you will be heading to Michele Taylor, I can't wait to see what she has for us. Just hit the next blog button and it will take you right there.

If the next blog buttons don't work for any reason you can continue your journey from the list of amazing Art With Heart team members participating in Week 5 of the Heart of Christmas below:
Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,





9 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Ooh, this is an interesting fold! Beautifully put-together, as always, Sharon. I love your choices of papers and stamps used to decorate it. Lovely and festive. If I have Christmas presents wrapped, they go under the tree some weeks before Christmas. :)

Kate Morgan said...

Sharon, this is another beautiful design from you. I love a tree with presents underneath, and this tree adorned with loads of baubles and tinsel and of course the star on top, is fantastic!

Rachel Woollard said...

What ever you call your card Sharon, I think it looks amazing. I love that it still folds down into a standard envelope

Judy May said...

What an amazing fancy fold, Sharon. It really makes your tree pop.

Wendie Waldman said...

Such an absolutely delightful blog hop. Thank you all so much for sharing your beautiful creations.

theresa said...

Another great fancy fold Sharon and also a great way to feature the beautiful papers. Our presents go under the tree once they are wrapped but then we don't have any young ones.

Rosa Leyden said...

A fabulous fancy fold bridge card Sharon that enhances your Christmas tree as the focal point with room for pressies too! Love the choice of DSP and decorated tree.

Cathy Proctor said...

Your inverted Triple Bridge fold card or a Triple column card is sensational, Sharon. I love all the little details, such as the decorations on the tree.

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon your beautiful fancy fold will look magnificent standing on display in the recipients house. A really great way to showcase your decorated tree.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...