Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 6 September 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 19 - Crumb Cake

 

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Crumb Cake,Quiet Meadow,Earthern Texture Dies,Gorgeously Made Dies,Bleach out images technique,Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder,Basics 3D EF, Earthern Elegance DSP, Natural Wavy Trim,Thinking of you,Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit

Welcome to Colour Creations Blog Hop Crumb Cake week!

I needed to do something really simple today or at least something that didn't require a lot construction. So no fancy fold today my friends. I have been in search of medication for my daughter that seems to be not in the country until the end of the year and she can't just stop this one and go cold turkey so I am not exactly sure how that works. Oh the joys of the supply chain!

So for my card to day I wanted texture and I thought I would then stamp a simple flower, heat emboss it and use bleach. So let's see if I managed any of that.

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Crumb Cake,Quiet Meadow,Earthern Texture Dies,Gorgeously Made Dies,Bleach out images technique,Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder,Basics 3D EF, Earthern Elegance DSP, Natural Wavy Trim,Thinking of you,Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit
Here is my colour combination, plus a little gold heat emboss added in.

Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Crumb Cake,Quiet Meadow,Earthern Texture Dies,Gorgeously Made Dies,Bleach out images technique,Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder,Basics 3D EF, Earthern Elegance DSP, Natural Wavy Trim,Thinking of you,Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit
I started with a crumb cake card base and sponged some crumb cake around the edge which I did for the DSP layer and the embossed layers and sentiment. The DSP layer is part of the Earther Elegance DSP
Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Crumb Cake,Quiet Meadow,Earthern Texture Dies,Gorgeously Made Dies,Bleach out images technique,Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder,Basics 3D EF, Earthern Elegance DSP, Natural Wavy Trim,Thinking of you,Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit
I layered that with a piece of Crumb Cake embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder then the strips are another layer of Crumb cake embossed with the crisscross embossing folder from the Basic 3D embossing folder set of 3 that is an online exclusive.
Rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsbloghop,Crumb Cake,Quiet Meadow,Earthern Texture Dies,Gorgeously Made Dies,Bleach out images technique,Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder,Basics 3D EF, Earthern Elegance DSP, Natural Wavy Trim,Thinking of you,Stampin' Up!, Art with Heart, #artwithheart,#loveitchopit
To create the flowers I have heat embossed in gold onto crumb cake cardstock the flowers from the Quiet Meadow stamp set and then with bleach I have painted over the flowers petals. This brings out a lovely yellow. I then fussy cut them and to compliment the flowers I added to leaf die cuts in Ombre Pretty Peacock from the Earther Elegance DSP and also die cut out the pot and wrapped it with the Natural Wavy Trim. Plus a couple of spiky sticks in Lemon Lolly and Soft Sea foam from the Earther Texture Dies. The Leaves were die cut from the Gorgeously Made Dies as was the sentiment which was heat embossed in gold.
 

If you have any questions about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next amazing creative in our team and this week you will be heading to our wonderful host Cathy Proctor. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If a next blog button goes somewhere it is not supposed to go come back here and head to Cathy's blog as she has the list of those participating this week and you will be able to continue your Crumb Cake Blog Hop from there: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







6 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Stunning card Sharon, I don't usually think of using Gold with Crumb Cake but it looks amazing. Great idea to bleach the flowers too

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, this bleach effect looks so good on your card! I love the colour you've achieved and your stunning vase of flowers. I hope you get that medication very soon, my friend xx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, what a pretty yellow you achieved by bleaching the Crumb Cake flowers, Sharon! I love the look of Crumb Cake with Pretty Peacock, and gold ... and the surprise inclusion of Lemon Lolly and Soft Sea Foam really works. Such a nice card!

Kate Morgan said...

Ooh the bleach technique looks amazing on your flower petals and I love that you heat embossed them in gold. Those criss cross embossed panels look like you have 4 wafer biscuits on your card, hehe. Love all your layers too.

Rachel Palmieri said...

Lots of layers and lots of embossing make for a very lovely card Sharon.

theresa said...

I'm going to stop referring to you as the fancy fold queen in future if I have to link to you cos every time I do, you don't lol!
Such a lovely array of colours to feature Crumb Cake and the bleach technique is very effective.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...