Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 27 September 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop - 2023-2024 - Week 22 - Early Espresso

 


Welcome to week 22 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2023-2024. This week we are looking at a Neutral colour - Early Espresso!


I know I have said the last couple of fancy folds that I have done have been easy well today this one is not as easy! It is a hexagon pop up box card! Well I think that is what we will call it.
Rhapsody in Craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Early Espresso, Fancy Fold, Hexagon Pop Up Box Card, Paper Florist Dies, Celebrate with Tags, Birthday Card, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Inked Botanical DSP Rose Gold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,#stampinup, Stampin Up!
Well you might be saying that doesn't look like a hexagon. Well no it is a circle but the bottom is. I have used the Happy Birthday from the Celebrate with Tags stamp set for the sentiment and it is stamped in Early Espresso. So how is this card put together, I hear you ask?
The base of the card is made up of 2 lengths joined together to form the hexagon. I have decorated 1 half with Rose Gold Specialty foil Paper and then used the gorgeous Inked Botanicals DSP over the top. On the second half some basic white so you can write your message.

In the centre of the of the hexagon I have made some paper springs so that after you have laid the card flat for packaging it will pop open. 
The middle section joins the hexagon together and is also where I attach the focal point.
Rhapsody in Craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Early Espresso, Fancy Fold, Hexagon Pop Up Box Card, Paper Florist Dies, Celebrate with Tags, Birthday Card, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Inked Botanical DSP Rose Gold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,#stampinup, Stampin Up!
For my focal point I have used the Deckled Circle Dies and layered the Early Espresso, Rose Gold and Inked Botanicals before getting out the Paper Florist Dies. I have chosen to make the flowers in Early  Espresso with Wild Wheat centre, Crumb Cake, and Pecan Pie, a flower out of the Inked Botanicals on the end of the Mossy Meadow and Soft Sea Foam I have Copper Clay flowers buds.

Rhapsody in Craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Early Espresso, Fancy Fold, Hexagon Pop Up Box Card, Paper Florist Dies, Celebrate with Tags, Birthday Card, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Inked Botanical DSP Rose Gold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,#stampinup, Stampin Up!
It was quite a fun card to make and the hardest part is the springs in the middle.
Rhapsody in Craft,#rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,Early Espresso, Fancy Fold, Hexagon Pop Up Box Card, Paper Florist Dies, Celebrate with Tags, Birthday Card, Deckled Circle Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Inked Botanical DSP Rose Gold, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,#stampinup, Stampin Up!

It does fold flat so you can make a box or envelope to go around it to give to that special someone.

If you have any questions about my card today, please contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next amazing person on our Early Espresso journey and this week we will be heading to the wonderful Cathy Proctor. She is also our host. I love her elegant work so can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If at any time the next blog buttons don't work come back here and head to Cathy's blog as she will have a list of all those participating from the Art with Heart team in this week's Early Espresso challenge: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







4 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

That Rose Gold paper is throwing all sorts of rainbow colours in your photos, Sharon! I love the colours you used for the flowers and foliage; lovely earthy colours that complement Early Espresso so well.

Rachel Woollard said...

OMG, what a card! I love your Early Espresso flowers on their own, but add them to that amazing fancy fold card and wow! Another beautiful card Sharon

Cathy Proctor said...

A hexagon pop up box card with paper springs???? Can you hear the thud of. my jaw hitting the ground? I'm speechless!! But seriously, Sharon, this is amazing!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh holy heck, that is outstanding, Sharon. Those flowers are so beautifully put together and great colour choices. The Rose Gold adds a beautiful shine. The springy mechanism looks rather challenging, but good on you for showing us how it works!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...