Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 30 October 2019

Stampin' Up! - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 11


Toile Christmas, Christmas Cardinal dies, Christmas Cards, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Rhapsody in craft, Stampin' Up, Toile Tidings DSP, Heart of Christmas, #loveitchopit,



Welcome to week 11 of The Heart of Christmas. It is an absolutely gorgeous day in Melbourne, Australia today and we have started to think about putting up our Christmas decorations. I know a little early for some but for others it is never too early for Christmas decorations. This year we have splurged and bought and garland for the top of our mantle to give it a bit of Christmas bling!


 What is your new Christmas decoration purchase this year? I am still to make my advent countdown calendar that you can find on page 38 of the 2019 Holiday catalogue but my daughter has already planned different family activities for each night for us to do to add to our calendar when I finish it. I was wanting chocolate! LOL! What fun things do you do leading up to Christmas? So you can see Christmas is starting to be in full swing in our house. It really is my most favourite time of the year!
Tonight I have the next card in my mini suite of cards from Toile Christmas. I have made this one quite non-traditional in the colours for the background I suppose. I was just trying something a little different.

Toile Christmas, Christmas Cardinal Dies, Toile Tidings DSP, Christmas cards, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Rhapsody in craft, Heart of Christmas, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up
As you can see from my photo at the top of the blog it is very sunny in Melbourne today so I have taken another photo of my card inside with less sun shining on it so you can get a bit better look.

The base card is soft suede and I have tried to use a couple of different stamps in the set this time. There is the little swirl on the bottom right corner that is stamped in sort suede, The soft suede strip over the garden green strip has been stamped with the branch in soft suede. I have also stamped the brand on a piece of soft suede card stock in soft suede ink and used the Christmas Cardinal dies to cut it out using my die cutting machine.

For the panel behind the cardinal I used the little square of writing that you can see on the bottom left of the stamp set. I have stamped this on a panel of very vanilla card stock a few times in soft suede ink. I also have a couple of panels of Toile Tidings DSP and all these panels are layered with garden green card stock.

The gorgeous double stitched garden green ribbon just sets this card off nicely I think and the cardinal is coloured using the wonderful Stampin' Blends that colour so well.

Hope you like this non-traditional colouring for a Christmas card.

Please now grab a cuppa and hop on over to the lovely Tina Gillespie who is hosting our blog hop tonight to find the list of ladies participating tonight and to get more Christmas inspiration.

If you would like any information on how to create this card or the 2019 Holiday catalogue and some goodies to make your Christmas cards please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for spending some time with me today, take care,


5 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh Sharon your garland looks stunning and I cant wait to see what you do with your advent calendar! I love your card, especially the stamped panel behind your cardinal xx

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my, your mantle looks fantastic, just love that garland.
The layering on your card is super and the colouring of the cardinal is perfect and really stands out.

Michele Taylor said...

Firstly, your mantle looks fabulous Sharan and secondly, I love your card. I have this set but have only used the sentiments as I find the cardinal intimidating. Your cardinal is beautiful. I must give it a go........

Diane Furniss said...

Love the layering Sharon, it really is eye catching.

Carussell Crafts said...

A lovely card Sharon, with lots of layers and another beautifully coloured cardinal. Very special. x

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...