Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 7 October 2020

Week 19- Colour Creations Showcase - "Granny Apple Green"


We have a bright and vibrant green for you this week and a very tasty apple too! It is a favourite eating apple in my house. My son will eat these rather than any other apple. I love to make apple crumble with these and when I make sausage rolls I grate one up and put it in the mix as well. Yum!

This week Granny Apple Green!

Rhapsody in craft, Granny Apple Green, Friendship Cards, Daisy Lane, To A Wild Rose, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase


When I saw that Granny Apple Green was the colour for this week I thought ok "Tasty." But what am I going to do with it and what colours go with this bright and lovely green? 💭 This is the colour combination I came up with then I looked and saw that it was a common combination. I thought it was good that I was getting over my fear of crushed curry!
Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black, Stampin' Up!, Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsshowcase

I was in a bit of a daisy mood so I stamped the daisies both big and medium in the magenta madness 2 each for each flower and layered them together and then once in crushed curry and cut out the centre.  The leaves I have stamped using To A Wild Rose stamp set and I have stamped them in Granny Apple Green and then the veins of the leaves are in mossy meadow over the top.

Rhapsody in craft, Granny Apple Green, Friendship Cards, Daisy Lane, To A Wild Rose, Daisy Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase

The sentiment is from To A Wild Rose and I have used the Tasteful Labels dies to cut it out and pop it up on dimensionals. The little bit of bling this week comes in the form of the Silver metallic edge ribbon which I have coloured using the Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends pen. I have put all of this on a card base of Basic Black and Granny Apple Green DSP from the Brights 6x6 DSP pack.

Please head over to the lovely Cathy Proctor's blog as she is our host for Colour Creations Showcase each week and there you will find the list of the ladies who played along this week to find more inspiration for our colour Granny Apple Green: Cathy's Blog

If you would like any information about my project or would like to buy the product so that you can make it yourself do not hesitate to contact me.

Here is my product list:
Product List


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today.
Take care,






 

13 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, snap on the stamps set, punch and colour choices! You obviously have amazing taste, he, he!!! Your card is beautiful and I also love your cooking tip for the sausage rolls. Thanks for inspiring us all with your Granny Apple Green card tonight!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Granny Apple Green looks beautiful with Magenta Madness ... this is such a pretty card, Sharon.

Ros said...

A very pretty card and lovely colours to compliment granny apple green.

theresa said...

Such a pretty card Sharon and Magenta Madness does go well with Granny Green Apple

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful spring inspired card Sharon, Magenta Madness looks great with GAG

Judy May said...

Love your pretty pink daisies with the Granny Apple Green leaves, Sharon. Great layout and composition, too.

Carussell Crafts said...

My friend, your friendship card is so lovely. I love the bright, fresh pink daisies and combined shades of green.

Kate Morgan said...

Yes, Magenta Madness is perfect with this green. Love your daisies too. My kids love Granny Smith apples as well, but I prefer them in a crumble, yum!!!

Tina said...

My favourite Granny Apple recipe is Bircher muesli for breakfast! I do love a good crumble though. Your card is very sweet, and the colours work perfectly together Go you, using Crushed Curry!

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon, your card is so very sweet. I love your colour palette and on the strength of it I have just ordered Magenta Madness. I was afraid it was a little too bright but it works perfectly with the Granny Apple Green/Mossy Meadow combination. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sujatha said...

Love your card - a very sweet colour palette and a lovely sentiment!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Beautiful colour combination and delightful friendship card. I love the elements you have selected for your card Sharon and how you have arranged them.

Diane Furniss said...

I love daisies, so sweet and cheerful, lovely card Sharon.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...