Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 6 January 2021

Week 30 - Colour Creations Showcase - " Night Of Navy"

 

Night of Navy,  A Touch of Ink, Paper Blooms DSP,  Saleabration, Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Butterflies, Flowers, Friendship Cards, #loveitchopit, #colourcreationsshowcase


Welcome back to the Colour Creations Showcase for 2021, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years holiday time.

This week we are looking at Night of Navy for our Colour Creations Showcase.

There are so many products at the moment that have this gorgeous blue so you have lots of choice. I have kept it to a couple of options for you today but I can't wait to see what the rest of the Art With Heart Team have come up with.

 Here is the list of products that you can choose from in Night of Navy:

Card stock (A4, Neutrals A4 assortment, Neutrals 12x12 assortment)
Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad and Stampin' Ink Refill
Stampin' Write Markers Neutrals collection and Many Marvellous Markers
Neutrals 6x6 DSP paper assortment
Night of Navy Stampin' Blend Combo pack
Blue Adhesive backed gems
Well Suited Twine combo pack
Holiday Rhinestones Basic Jewels
Boho Indigo Product Medley
Boho Indigo Product Medley Refill
Playing With Patterns Ribbon Combo pack
Playing With Patterns DSP
Watercolour Pencils Assortment 2
Simply Citrus Card Kit
Paper Blooms DSP
Fine Art Floral DSP
In Good Taste DSP
Well Suited DSP
Artistry Blooms DSP

Now on to my Card

Night of Navy,  A Touch of Ink, Paper Blooms DSP,  Saleabration, Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Butterflies, Flowers, Friendship Cards, #loveitchopit, #colourcreationsshowcase

I have brought a card to you today using a couple of the the products from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure.  The Paper Blooms DSP and A Touch of Ink Stamp set. 


Both of these products are free with a qualifying purchase from the Annual Catalogue or the new January - June Mini catalogue.


You will love the  Mini and Saleabration catalogues so if you want one in your hands asks me how to get one.

Now back to the card.

Night of Navy,  A Touch of Ink, Paper Blooms DSP,  Saleabration, Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Butterflies, Flowers, Friendship Cards, #loveitchopit, #colourcreationsshowcase

I decided I wanted to show off the gorgeous DSP so I have cut one of the beautiful papers and used as the background and layered that onto the Night of Navy Card base. I took all the colour choices from the Paper Blooms Designer series paper, Stampin' Up is great that way. They have done all the colour coordinating for you so you don't have to work out what colours go with which colours.  So then it was just a matter of getting those colours and going for it.  

Night of Navy,  A Touch of Ink, Paper Blooms DSP,  Saleabration, Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Butterflies, Flowers, Friendship Cards, #loveitchopit, #colourcreationsshowcase

As you can see from this photo there are a few layers but but I only used 2 different pieces of DSP. Firstly I have a small circle of Rococo Rose card stock that I have embossed in the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder and that was adhered first. Then the Night of Navy square which I used the layered square dies was adhered before I adhered the strip of darker Paper Blooms DSP.  Leafy looking DSP is the back of the Darker Night of Navy DSP and was just the look I was going for and I actually chose that piece for  that layer and it went down next. Before Adhering the Whisper white square that was cut out with the layering square dies I stamped the Hello Friend from the A Touch of Ink stamp set. Now all your layers are complete.

Night of Navy,  A Touch of Ink, Paper Blooms DSP,  Saleabration, Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Butterflies, Flowers, Friendship Cards, #loveitchopit, #colourcreationsshowcase

I fussy cut out the flower from the Night of Navy piece of Paper Blooms DSP so that my Butterfly that I first stamped in Seaside Spray and then in Night of Navy before fussy cutting would have somewhere to land. I popped him up on some dimensionals. To finish off my card you have to have a little bling so I coloured some basic pearls with my dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends. I do like blue butterflies as you might be able to tell so I think this little guy is going to get a lot of use.


If you will now please head over to the blog of my friend and the host of the our Colour Creations Showcase Cathy Proctor to see who else is creating along with Night of Navy this week: Cathy's Blog

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any information on making this card or for getting your hands on the new Jan-Jun Mini and the new Saleabration brochure

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,




9 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon I love the way your card showcases 3 of the patterns in this beautiful DSP and the fussy cut flower and butterfly just finish it off perfectly! Thank you for sharing your Night of Navy inspiration with us all.

Tina said...

Such a pretty card, Sharon! I love the DSP, especially the way you have laid them over the Night Of Navy sentiment mat. A very cool look!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

This scrumptious flavour is certainly "flavour" of the day today! It is just beautiful, isn't it? The butterfly, and Night of Navy stamped sentiment, are lovely touches, Sharon.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I love the DSP and its so great to see a few of the patterns together on one card. They work so well together. Such a great product choice for highlighting Night of Navy xx

Diane Furniss said...

Lovely Card Sharon, so many layers and they all go together so well.

Ros said...

I love how you've used a few patterns of the DSP on your card. I struggle with that and yours looks fabulous.

Kate Morgan said...

Great use of this paper, Sharon, showcasing so many layers. I love that you added the Rose embossed circle for extra interest. The butterfly looks great landing on your fussy cut flower.

Carussell Crafts said...

I love the bright and fresh look to your gorgeous card Sharon. Flowers and butterflies, a perfect combination. Happy New Year my friend. xx

Michele Taylor said...

Such a pretty Card Sharon. Love the addition of the fussy cut butterfly.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...