Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 3 February 2021

Week 34 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Petal Pink"



Week 34 and we are looking at Petal Pink!

Petal Pink is a subtle dusty pink and today I have a quick card design that you can make as I have had a busy week and no power or water at home to top things off, so needed to make something quick. It is a design that you can use for many different occasions! I think if you changed the flowers and colours up you can make it a masculine card too. Mind I know a few guys who love pink as the colour.

Rhapsody in craft, A Little Lace, Stitched so sweetly dies, In Good Taste DSP, Petal Pink, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin'  Up, stampinup

For this card I have used the  A Little Lace stamp set as I really love the sentiment which I have stamped in basic grey and cut out with the Stitched so sweetly dies. I love it because there is a part 2 of the sentiment that you can put it on the inside of  your card.
Rhapsody in craft, A Little Lace, Stitched so sweetly dies, In Good Taste DSP, Petal Pink, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin'  Up, stampinup

"You will always be my friend....you know too much!" Lol! I am sure you have a friend that you can use this sentiment for one of your closest BFF's!

You can see I have stamped the little flower on the inside of the card. I have used this stamp for the front of the card and fussy cut it out and with a sponge dauber I have coloured the flowers with Petal Pink ink.
Rhapsody in craft, A Little Lace, Stitched so sweetly dies, In Good Taste DSP, Petal Pink, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin'  Up, stampinup


The friendship sentiment is popped up on dimensionals on a Thick Whisper white card base layered with Petal Pink and then In Good Taste DSP. I particularly chose this piece for the wood grain and  just on the inside of the left plank the colour is slightly petal pink in colour. The DSP just pops off the page and is a perfect background and I just love the In Good Taste DSP and the way Stampin' Up! has photographed all these elements and made beautiful papers.

The banner in the corner is our colour from last week Pear Pizzazz 6x6 DSP and the braided linen trim bow is adhered with a mini glue dot.
Rhapsody in craft, A Little Lace, Stitched so sweetly dies, In Good Taste DSP, Petal Pink, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin'  Up, stampinup,

Please head on over to the blog of our host for the Colour Creations Showcase Cathy Proctor and there you will find the list of the Art With Heart team playing along this week with Petal Pink. Cathy's Blog

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to purchase these products to make this card or if you have any questions related to crafting at all.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,

 


7 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon that wood DSP is just perfect to showcase your Petal Pink flowers - it looks so beautiful. I'm amazed you managed to blog a card after all your dramas this week. Thanks for joining the CCS tonight!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

The woodgrain DSP was a great choice, to team with Petal Pink, and Pear Pizzazz, Sharon. Just lovely!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Beautiful card Sharon - I love that DSP with the Petal Pink flowers. You did so well to get a card done and blog about it this week!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

The wood grain looks amazing with Petal Pink, very happy you got power back on so you could join us

Andrea said...

I love your card Sharon. The use of the woodgrain DSP with Petal Pink flowers is just gorgeous. You are amazing to create this card and blog it after all the issues you have been facing. Thank you for your inspiration. xxx

Kate Morgan said...

I can't believe you got a card made this week with all the issues you had at home. Your card is lovely and that woodgrain dsp is perfect. I noticed your blog images are almost Petal Pink too ;)

Carussell Crafts said...

You certainly were challenged this week by more than our colour challenge. You have created such a lovely card. I love that woodgrain dsp and the banners in Pear Pizzazz. I love the layout. It would work for so many occasions.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...