Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 10 February 2021

Week 35 - Colour Creations Shoowcase - "Pool Party"

 


Welcome to week 35 of our Colour Creations Showcase and this week we are all about Pool Party!

I will be featuring the Sale-A-Bration stamp set A Touch of Ink. I just love it! It is such a beautiful stamp set so if you are wanting to get it don't put it off any longer. Sale-A-Bration finishes at the end of February so ask me how you can get this stamp set for free!

Here is my card for tonight.

Rhapsody in craft, Pool Party, Double Slider Card, Fancy Fold Card, Friendship Card, Thinking of you card, A Touch of Ink, Saleabration 2021, Colour Creations Showcase, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up,  Stampin' Blends, Lovely Labels Pick a punch


You might say that is a bit simple Sharon. Just a bit of stamping and colouring!  Did you notice the 2 little tabs on the top and bottom of the card? I have made a double slider card for you tonight so wanted to keep the stamping simple.

Rhapsody in craft, Pool Party, Double Slider Card, Fancy Fold Card, Friendship Card, Thinking of you card, A Touch of Ink, Saleabration 2021, Colour Creations Showcase, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up,  Stampin' Blends, Lovely Labels Pick a punch

If you pull on both the tabs you will reveal 2 more panels on the inside of the card that have been stamped.

Rhapsody in craft, Pool Party, Double Slider Card, Fancy Fold Card, Friendship Card, Thinking of you card, A Touch of Ink, Saleabration 2021, Colour Creations Showcase, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up,  Stampin' Blends, Lovely Labels Pick a punch

For this card I have used Pool Party as the card base and crumb cake as the mat and then very vanilla to stamp my images from the Touch of Ink stamp set.  The DSP that you can see I have made my pulls out of and the layer behind my top card is from the Subtles DSP 6x6 pack.

So how did I make this card.
1. Cut a card base of 5 1/2 x 11 inches or 14 x 28 cm


2. Score at 3 12., 7 & 10 1/2 inches of 8.9, 17.8 and 26.7 cm
3. Cut a piece of plastic bag ( I have used a freezer bag) 2 1/2 x 12 inches 6.3 x 30.5 cm


4. Adhere the plastic strip using tear and tap around the end/ flap of the card, making sure it is tight but not so that it bends the card.


5. Make sure the join is towards the bottom of the card


6. Now to make the layers of the cards
    The Layers are 3 1/4 x 5 1/5 inches , 7x14 cm in Pool Party
    5 3/8 x  3 1/8 inches, 13.7 x 7.9 cm in Crumb cake
    5 1/4 x  3 inches, 13.3 x 7.6 cm in Very Vanilla
7. Stamp the images that you would like on the Very Vanilla card I have used a combination of Soft Sea Foam and Shaded spruce for the leaves and the Butterfly is a stamped of Pool Party then I did the likes in full Pool Party ink. I have added a little flirty flamingo for a pop of colour.


8. Now we have to add our pull tabs. I have don this by using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, I punch it twice cut it to a length of about an inch and then adhered it with Stampin Seal+ to make sure it is stuck solid and won't come off. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you put a tab at the TOP of on of your pieces and the BOTTOM of the other.


9. Place a piece of tear n tape to the bottom of the plastic bag strip on the card. 


10. Now adhere your picture with the tab that is at the top to this piece of plastic slider mechanism.
 Making sure that you centre your image and that it lines up exactly with the bottom of the card.


11. As you can see the tab is at the top of the card and is centred. You can fold the card base up at this time to make sure the sliding mechanism works but it is not necessary.


12. NOW this is the tricky part. Fold in the layer that has the picture on it.
13. As you can see the picture has now been folded in and the tab is at the top on the right of the card and you can now see the rest of the plastic bag slider.

14. Place some tear n' tape on the plastic bag at the top right where you see the tab in the picture in #11


15. Now get your second layered image and TURN IT FACE DOWN with the tab to the left or the bottom of the card.



16.Now it is time to close up the card you can use tear n' tape or Stampin' Seal+ on the small fold and  tuck it in under making sure not to catch your cards and sliding mechanism.
Rhapsody in craft, Pool Party, Double Slider Card, Fancy Fold Card, Friendship Card, Thinking of you card, A Touch of Ink, Saleabration 2021, Colour Creations Showcase, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up,  Stampin' Blends, Lovely Labels Pick a punch


17. Time to decorate the front. Make sure your layers a just slightly smaller than the ones in the for the inside and stamp away. When you adhere it to the front pull out your tabs to make sure that you get it up the correct way. 

Rhapsody in craft, Pool Party, Double Slider Card, Fancy Fold Card, Friendship Card, Thinking of you card, A Touch of Ink, Saleabration 2021, Colour Creations Showcase, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up,  Stampin' Blends, Lovely Labels Pick a punch

I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial on how to make a double slider card. They are really fun to make.

Now please head on over to the host of our Colour Creations Showcase for each week the lovely Cathy Proctor to see who else is playing along with Pool Party this week. Cathy's Blog

If you would like any of the products that I used in tonight's card and would like to find out how to earn the Touch of Ink stamp set for free please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, I do like Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla together ... and they look extra pretty with all those gorgeous stamped images, Sharon. This card fold is a little too intricate for my brain, but you have done a lovely job with it!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I have been putting off making one of these cards forever Sharon, but your clear photos and simple explanation make me think that maybe I CAN do it LOL!
Great surprise card!

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, just wow!!! this is an amazing card -I'm off to follow your instructions and make onn this weekend!!! Thank you for sharing your Pool Party ideas on the Colour Creations Showcase!

Kate Morgan said...

Holy moley, you must have amazing patience. I have seen this fancy fold so many times and it blows my mind at all the steps. Your card is gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Wow Sharon, your card is amazing. Thank you so much for the step by step instructions. I am going to give it a go. You may hear my muttering over the boarder if I miss something. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card. xxx

Carussell Crafts said...

Beautiful card, Sharon - simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the step by step instructions as well. xx

Michele Taylor said...

Stunning card Sharon. I haven't seen a double slider card before. Thanks for sharing such comprehensive instructions.

Ros said...

Your double slider card is fabulous and thanks for sharing the steps.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...