Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 17 February 2021

Week 36 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Poppy Parade"

 

 

This week we are showcasing Poppy Parade!

Last week I brought to you a  double slider card, I had so much fun making it I thought I would I would bring you a quadruple slider card. Yes that is right 4 sliders. It is a small and cute card and I have used the Daisy Lane stamp set and the Flowers and Field DSP from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure which has Poppy Parade as one of its colours.

Rhapsody In Craft, Poppy Parade, quadruple slider card, slider card, friendship card, fancy fold card, Well Written Dies, Medium Daisy Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Saleabration 2021, Stampin' Up!

I love how compact this little card is

Rhapsody In Craft, Poppy Parade, quadruple slider card, slider card, friendship card, fancy fold card, Well Written Dies, Medium Daisy Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Saleabration 2021, Stampin' Up!

On the front of this card I have stamped  the small daisy from the Daisy Lane stamp set in Sahara sand 6 times and then using a little bit of light and dark Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends and Dark Daffodil Delight. The leaves are in mossy meadow cut from the Dandy Garden dies and I have used the Well Written dies to cut out our friend and butterfly in Silver Card stock and some Glittered Organdy Ribbon.


Rhapsody In Craft, Poppy Parade, quadruple slider card, slider card, friendship card, fancy fold card, Well Written Dies, Medium Daisy Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Saleabration 2021, Stampin' Up!

On the 4 sliders you can add stamped messages. I have used 2 from the Daisy Lane stamp set here and left 2 blank but you can add more.


Rhapsody In Craft, Poppy Parade, quadruple slider card, slider card, friendship card, fancy fold card, Well Written Dies, Medium Daisy Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Saleabration 2021, Stampin' Up!

When you  you turn the card over you have more opportunity to decorate your card. I have left it plain this time just leaving a space for you to write a message.

Rhapsody In Craft, Poppy Parade, quadruple slider card, slider card, friendship card, fancy fold card, Well Written Dies, Medium Daisy Punch, #colourcreationsshowcase, Saleabration 2021, Stampin' Up!

When you pull out the sliders I have decorated them with basic black card stock and another of the Flower and Field DSP pieces.

There are so many opportunities for putting fun sayings on this card so go wild with this explosion slider type card.

Like my card last week this card uses a sliding mechanism with a plastic bag and I used a freezer bag to make it. I have not made instructions this week but you can follow this video by Srushti Patil that I also followed then made my own decorations.

I hope you have liked a look at this fun fold and maybe give it a go. I might make instructions next time but I ran out of time this week as even in lockdown we have been quite busy buying a house. No not to move but our son is moving. So doing all the things with vendors and building inspections and lawyers in a snap lockdown. I am feeling very old that my son is old enough to move out  but I am very excited for him. So I am sorry that I haven't done the instructions for you.

Please head on over to the very creative Cathy Proctor's blog she hosts our Colour Creation Showcases each week, there you will find her wonderful creations and the list of the ladies playing along with Poppy Parade this week: Cathy's Blog


Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anymore information about my card tonight or about how to get this gorgeous DSP for free with Saleabration we have just a few days left so be quick.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



8 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow Sharon, I had no idea there was such a thing as a quadruple slider card - that is amazing! I love the centre of your flowers too. Thank you for providing some Poppy Parade Inspiration this week!!

Tina said...

Holy moly! I've never seen a quadruple slider before! It looks fantastic! I hope the house purchase goes smoothly now that your lockdown is all but over.

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Wow! Amazing card Sharon, so beautiful

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Whoa - that's an involved fold! I won't be trying it, LOL. I like how you've added Poppy Parade to the big white daisies, Sharon, and used that lovely, busy, floral paper on a Poppy Parade base. All the best (to you and J) with the house!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Oh my!! At first I was like, what is this little card? And then when I started reading . . . oh gosh!! Quadruple slider?!?!?!? Wow!! I don't know how you find the time! What a special project!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, Sharon, I can't get my head around this one - you lost me at quadruple!!!!! At first glance I thought it was going to be a fancy box of some sort. It is amazing. Good luck to J with the move too.

Carussell Crafts said...

This card may be little but wow, it packs a big punch of cuteness! It’s adorable and I love it.

Ros said...

Before today, I had no idea a quad slider card existed. It is a total WOW card!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...