Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 24 February 2021

Week 37 - Colour Creations Showcase - Pretty Peacock



This week we are showcasing Pretty Peacock

I have 2 cards for you today, I started with one and I thought well this is cute but as I had time to make another one as my daughter was out volunteering I thought let's go for it.

So my first card for you I have used the Under My Umbrella stamp set from the annual catalogue and paired it with the Forever Greenery DSP and added a little twist.

Rhapsody in Craft, Pretty Peacock, Under My Umbrella, Umbrella Builder Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Stampin Blends, Stampin Up, #colourcreationsshowcase, Friendship card, Annual Cataloge 2021

So for this card I have stamped the umbrella and gumboots on the Forever Greenery DSP which has our colour of Pretty Peacock in it for today and I have used the Umbrella Builder punch to cut the umbrella out and fussy cut out the boots.  Now you might wonder if you know this gorgeous DSP what is that colour you have there? Isn't it white? Well I am glad you asked! It is white but we have so many gorgeous Stampin' Blends so I thought I would use one and colour in the white stripes on the DSP with one of them and I chose for this occasion to use Purple Posy!

Rhapsody in Craft, Pretty Peacock, Under My Umbrella, Umbrella Builder Punch, Forever Greenery DSP, Stampin Blends, Stampin Up, #colourcreationsshowcase, Friendship card, Annual Cataloge 2021

I have stamped the cute raindrops in Basic Grey and the perfect sentiment in Pretty Peacock on the Basic White card and all of these element are on a mat of Pretty Peacock card and card base.

For my second card today I was looking as some cards by one of the Stampin' Up Artisan Design team Martin Stone. I found a card that I loved that he did using some masking and one of our decorative masks that you can find on page 146 of the catalogue. Well I didn't have it so I cased his card and created my own version with elements that I had on hand.

Rhapsody in craft, Pretty Peacock, Ombre, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, Old World 3D Embossing Folder, Forever Greenery DSP, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up, STampin' Up 2021 Catalogue,

I know I shouldn't toot my own horn but I love how this has come out. Let me take you through how I created it.

Rhapsody in craft, Pretty Peacock, Ombre, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, Old World 3D Embossing Folder, Forever Greenery DSP, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up, STampin' Up 2021 Catalogue,

The Old World Paper 3D embossed background was created by using Pretty Peacock ink and a Sponge brayer. I started with a light coat and worked more ink on to the Basic White paper until it was light at the bottom, medium in the middle and darker at the top. Then it was put through the Cut & Emboss Machine in the Old World Paper 3D Embossing folder.

Rhapsody in craft, Pretty Peacock, Ombre, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, Old World 3D Embossing Folder, Forever Greenery DSP, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up, STampin' Up 2021 Catalogue,

The sentiment layer is made from Basic Grey card stock and I have cut 2 different Tasteful Labels Dies. Under the bottom label I have fussy cut some leaves out of Forever Greenery DSP that were Pretty Peacock in shade. I adhered that straight to the embossed layer and then added the Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon. While I was there I added a bow of white twine from the Snail Mail Twine Combo Pack in the Jan-Jun Mini.
Rhapsody in craft, Pretty Peacock, Ombre, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, Old World 3D Embossing Folder, Forever Greenery DSP, #colourcreationsshowcase, Stampin' Up, STampin' Up 2021 Catalogue,

The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals on another label. I created this sentiment by stamping in Whisper white ink and then using white emboss powder on the Basic Black card stock to really make it pop! I then fussy cut around "good things you" and popped them up and mini dimensionals and the words "the, in, life are better with" are adhered flush to the label.  To finish off the card I have used the fun matte black dots from page 11 of the Jan-Jun Mini. Of course everything is on a Thick Basic White card base.

I hope you have enjoyed my 2 cards today, it is a gorgeous colour. Please head on over to Cathy's Blog to check out her amazing creations and to find out who else is playing along with the Pretty Peacock colour this week: Cathy's Blog

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about today's cards or how you can get your hands on the products to make them.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,






 

10 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh my goodness Sharon I love what you've done with that DSP!!!
Poor old Purple Posy has been neglected and retires very soon but it looks amazing in that DSP. Thank you for sharing your pretty peacock projects with us tonight in the Colour Creations Showcase.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Your first card is very cute and playful, especially with the addition of Purple Posy ... but your second card is GORGEOUS, Sharon! You have every right to be thrilled with how it turned out. I am in love with that background! The application of colour is perfect, and the texture looks amazing. I also love your use of grey with Pretty Peacock. :)

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Under My Umbrella is one of my favourite stamp sets, I LOVE that you have showcased Pretty Peacock by stamping the images direct onto the DSP. Just too cute!
Your second card is lovely, all those layers, textures and elements! :)

Ros said...

Two lovely cards but the texture and layers in the second card has my heart!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon, that second card took my breath away. That background is absolutely fabulous, as are all the layers! Your first card is clever, especially how you coloured the white with Purple Posy, lovely.

Claire said...

Your first card is pretty, but like others have said, your second card took my breath away. I love that background you have created with the spongeing and embossing. It's amazing!!

Tina said...

Toot away- your card is gorgeous! The background colouring is perfection, and the layering over the top is fabulous. I also love the boots and umbrella, adding colour to the DSP is such a great idea.

Michele Taylor said...

Two fabulous cards Sharon. I particularly love the DSP paper piecing on card one. Such an effective technique.

theresa said...

Wow that second card of yours is just beautiful Sharon. There are so many lovely details.

Carussell Crafts said...

Double the "wow" factor for these two fabulous cards, Sharon. I love the addition of the Purple Posy Stampin' Blend stripe, it goes so well with all those lovely greens - clever thinking my friend. I love the ombre effect on your second card and also love the grey with Pretty Peacock - beautiful!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...