Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 4 August 2021

Week 10 - Colour Creations Blog Hop - "Cherry Cobbler"

 

Week 10 and we are at one of my favourites! I know you thought it was Blackberry Bliss and you would be correct that is my favourite but I am quite fond of Cherry Cobbler as well.

I decided to do a fancy fold. I know you are saying about time Sharon that you got back on the fancy fun fold wagon. Ok I did 2 fancy folds in 1 for you today just because you have wondering where they have been hiding! I am running out of fancy fold ideas I tell you!
Rhapsody in craft, Cherry Cobbler, Art Gallery, Art Gallery Bundle, Floral Gallery Dies, Birthday Card, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Book fold Card, Pop up Fold, Pop up Surprise Card, Simply Elegant Specialty DSP, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!


So no I have not made a Christmas card with Cherry Cobbler but I have used the traditional colours of Cherry Cobbler and Evening Evergreen for my card.  I think if I put the "Just want to say" on the outside in these colours you could put anything on the inside. You could put "Just want to say Merry Christmas" But I needed a birthday card so I have made a birthday card. 
Rhapsody in craft, Cherry Cobbler, Art Gallery, Art Gallery Bundle, Floral Gallery Dies, Birthday Card, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Book fold Card, Pop up Fold, Pop up Surprise Card, Simply Elegant Specialty DSP, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

I have used the gorgeous Art Gallery Stamp set and Floral Gallery Dies for this card as it is just so quick to put it together. I have stamped the flowers first in Petal Pink and then in Cherry Cobbler and the leaves are in Evening Evergreen. I have cut them out with the dies and also cut a layer of them in the Cherry Cobbler card and Evening Evergreen Card. The smaller flower I have popped up on dimensionals on the larger flower to give a bit more movement to the flower.

The Designer Series Paper I have used on the front and the inside of the card are quite the mix. The Cherry Cobbler DSP is from the Tidings of Christmas 6x6 pack and the little bit of gold you can see is from the new 12x12 Gold Shimmer Vellum, and the other piece as the backing to the focal point is from the Simply Elegant 12x12 Specialty Designer series paper and is the other side to the side you will see on the surprise on the inside of the card.

Rhapsody in craft, Cherry Cobbler, Art Gallery, Art Gallery Bundle, Floral Gallery Dies, Birthday Card, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Book fold Card, Pop up Fold, Pop up Surprise Card, Simply Elegant Specialty DSP, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

So the main fancy fold of the card is a Book Fold card and I made one for our first week of the all new in colours and I forgot to put it in the post so I thought I would make another one. and the second fold is the inside pop up surprise card using the Simply Elegant Specialty DSP.
Rhapsody in craft, Cherry Cobbler, Art Gallery, Art Gallery Bundle, Floral Gallery Dies, Birthday Card, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Book fold Card, Pop up Fold, Pop up Surprise Card, Simply Elegant Specialty DSP, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

So on the inside of the card you have the fold that pops open. On one section I have stamped and cut out with the dies another flower and adhered it and also the Happy Birthday. and on the other square you can have a place to write to the person you are giving the card.

Here is a little video of how it opens. I asked my daughter to help me video it so you could see how the card pops up.

Rhapsody in craft, Cherry Cobbler, Art Gallery, Art Gallery Bundle, Floral Gallery Dies, Birthday Card, Fun Fold, Fancy Fold, Book fold Card, Pop up Fold, Pop up Surprise Card, Simply Elegant Specialty DSP, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop, #loveitchopit,Stampin' Up!

If you have any questions about todays card please do not hesitate to contact me. Such a fun quick card to make.



Now is the time to head to the next person on the blog hop and this week you will be heading to the lovely Theresa Gerrard. I love to see what gorgeous creations Theresa comes up with each week. Last week she had the most beautiful birthday card and embossed background so I can't wait to see what she has this week. So just click on the next button below to head to her post for Cherry Cobbler.


If for any reason along your blog hop journey the next buttons stop working please head to the host of our Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor and she will have the list of everyone participating and you will be able to continue you blog hop from there. Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,








9 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow Sharon, what an amazing combination of fancy folds! I love your video too - this is an incredible card!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

This is quite the "wow", Sharon! Thanks for including the video, to allow us to fully appreciate just how cool the fold is. I laughed at your comment about the papers being "quite the mix". Nicely put together, though! Love the popped up flower on the front of the card. :)

Michele and Stephen said...

A lovely mix of products that come together to make a lovely card Sharon. Thanks for including the video.

Tina said...

This is certainly a real 'wow' card, Sharon! It's amazing!!

Ros said...

Love your card and the pop up inside. Going to get a wow from the receiver.

Rachel Palmieri said...

And an "oh wow!" from me too. I thought it was absolutely wonderful on the outside, so the inside took my breath away.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, two fancy folds in one! Wow, you are really going to run out of fancy fold ideas if you do this each week!!! What great colours together and I love the wsy you created your feature flower.

Rosa Leyden said...

Love both the fancy fold techniques in your card Sharon giving a wow result. Great combination of colours in the different layers.

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow, this card is amazing Sharon. Two fun-folds in one! The recipient will not be expecting that “wow” moment when they open the card. It really will be a wonderful surprise.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...