Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 23 August 2021

Week 8 - Heart of Christmas

 

Welcome to Week 8 of the Heart of Christmas for 2021. I have a decided not to do a fancy fold today purely as I wanted to make sure I had a card for you as I spent the weekend in bed with a migraine and I wanted to start to show you some quick cards now that we are getting to the end of the year (SSSHH! don't tell me that!) I know we don't want to hear that we are nearing the end of the year so I wanted to start to show you some quick Christmas cards so that you can start to build up your stash.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Card, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Wise Men Tidings Dies, Blending Brushes, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021, Christmas, July-Dec Mini 2021

I have shown you some cards with the Peaceful Deer and the Angels of Peace, (I must have been on a theme of peace) so I thought I had better get out the Wise Men in the Great Tidings Bundle as I had not had a play with them yet.



Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Card, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Wise Men Tidings Dies, Blending Brushes, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021, Christmas, July-Dec Mini 2021

I first cut out the City of David in Basic Black and  used the negative as a guide to kind of give me hills to blend some night sky in the distance for the Wise Men. I placed the then negative with a little extra cutting to fit the whole piece across the Basic White card and got out Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy and started to blend away. I went the way of the City of David first and then turn the mask over to have the hill go the other way for the Wise Men. For some reason I just think they need to be travelling over hill and dale to get there as it was a very long journey for them. I left it quite pale around the city so that it was a highlight. I cut out an extra city in Gold Shimmer Vellum as a light shadow. In the sky  you can also see some extra twinkling stars I have used the White Stampin' Chalk Marker

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Card, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Wise Men Tidings Dies, Blending Brushes, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021, Christmas, July-Dec Mini 2021
On the inside of the card I have  heat embossed the 3 gifts of the Wise Men and coloured them with the Stampin' blends like I have with the 3 Wise men on the front of the card.

Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Card, Great Tidings, Great Tidings Bundle, Wise Men Tidings Dies, Blending Brushes, Gold Shimmer Vellum, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021, Christmas, July-Dec Mini 2021

The 3 Wise Men have been heat embossed on gold and coloured with the Stampin' Blends I couldn't help but used my favourite Blackberry Bliss for one. What colours would you use to colour these kings? For the hill that the Wise Men are standing on I am using the Tidings of Christmas DSP and after heat embossing the sentiment I trimmed it down with the paper trimmer and then using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch I made the ends look like they were fit for a king! LOL!

Well if you would like to know anymore about how I created the background before I added it to a layer of Gold Shimmer Vellum and then to a base of Night of Navy to finish off my card please don't hesitate to contact me.



Please head over to the always extremely creative Andrea Sargent's blog. I love her creations each week and she always puts such thought and care into each card. I can't wait to discover all the extra wow she manages to pack into a card. Last time Andrea created gorgeous Pillow Box treats for us so hit the next blog button to go there now.

If at any time the next blog buttons don't work while you are going around that blog hop just head on over to our host of this weeks Heart of Christmas Tina Gillespie and there you will find a list of those participating and you will be able to continue the hop from there.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care, 





12 comments:

Tina said...

So pretty, Sharon!! The blended sky looks amazing, and the gold highlights are wonderful.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Nice ink blending, Sharon. You've given the impression of the City of David being off in the distance. I love that you used that DSP for the hill, too. Hope you're feeling much better soon. x

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love the blended night sky and the wise men look stunning embossed in gold. Hope your feeling better now.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh wow, what a great Christmas scene! I love the DSP you have chosen for the hill for your cleverly coloured Wise men. This is quite a lot of work, when you have been suffering with a migraine. Hope it's not so bad now for you xxx

Ros said...

I love the blended sky and how you have coloured in the wise men. I like the rich colours you have used.
P.S. Migraines suck. I hope you are doing better today.

Rosa Leyden said...

I love the blended sky in your card Sharon and how you have created the distant hills of the city. I struggled with how to use that die but you’ve now helped me. Great colouring and agree it’s fun. Hope you have recovered from your migraine.

Andrea said...

Oh Sharon, I so love your card. Your blended night sky with light shining around the holy city is gorgeous and the colouring of the Kings is so regal - delightful. A stunning card. Hope you are picking up - will keep 🙏🏻. Xxx

Cathy Proctor said...

Oh Sharon, I do hope you are feeling better now? I know you love your fancy folds but this card is just wonderful too - you have achieved so much dimension and depth is your scene with your amazing blended background.

Dofollow Backlinks said...

Much obliged for an intriguing site. What else may I get that kind of information written in a particularly wonderful methodology? I have an endeavor that I am quite recently working on, and I have been keeping watch for such data. custom lipstick boxes

Michele Taylor said...

I love your blended background Sharon. It works beautifully with the other elements on your card.

Carussell Crafts said...

I’m loving the blended background colour Sharon. A lovely card and lovely design. Hope you’re feeling better. xx

theresa said...

Hoping your starting to feel better by now. Such a lovely card and the night sky is just beautiful

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...